Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #31  

Hi,

A couple of thoughts that I don't think anyone else has mentioned...

Is it possible that you're finding it a slower process this time around because you have significantly less weight to lose? It goes without saying that this is a GOOD thing .

In terms of having a 'cheat day', no weight gain ever has to be permanent.

Rather than a particular day I have 'deal breakers'. I prioritise things I know I'll enjoy less if I restrict my calories (meals out with my family, cocktails with my girlfriends) which make it about the event rather than the food.

All the best!
NoSenseOfAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I will have a cheat meal if I have an outing planned for the week where I know there will be food & drinks but not a whole day. I have done cheat days in the past and it was like I was losing & gaining the same 3 lbs for weeks.
toodles11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #33  

Height: 5'9"

I would allow Cheat Meals for Impossible Situations ~ when your neighbor offers you a beer, when you're at a holiday meal with your family, when a friend says, "You've got to try this!!"

This way it's random so you don't go mentally crazy with the weekly scale thing. And when it's Just You, stick with the plan!

Of course if you're very social this may not work, but if you're an introvert, maybe save Cheat Days for social situations?

Just a random thought!! Take it if it works, leave it if it won't!

Last edited by Inkrid; 10-12-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 258/146ish/146ish

Height: 5' 5

I really don't know exactly how I feel about "a cheat" day. I did not have one when I lost 120 lbs the first time. And, I actually did not really have one once I was at goal for 10 years. Then, one day I got tired of restricting myself so much and I started a splurge meal. I was weighing myself and monitoring things. Then, it became a splurge day and then a splurge weekend and then I stopped weighing myself. You can guess what happened. I gained back 40 or so lbs I would have gained more if I hadn't kept some of the good habits I had learned. In January, when I started to lose weight, I did add in a "cheat meal" a few months after I started and I did continue to lose weight. I stopped once my weight loss slowed. I think its a very individual choice and it might work for someone but not for another. I personally never want to go back to maintaining while refusing to eat my own birthday cake or Thanksgiving dinner. But, I also don't want to go back to splurging and it snowballing on me and me regaining the weight. Right now, I've loosened the reigns since I'm in maintenance and I am exercising a lot. I am weighing daily still. So far I'm maintaining.

Last edited by monmis12; 10-12-2013 at 08:38 AM.
monmis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

I don't have cheat days. I have planned cheat meals. I don't do it every week about 3-4 weeks and plan it around an event such as an anniversary, birthday and work it into my calories. If I had a cheat day it would totally throw me off course since I eat no sugar and sugar throws me off.
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote