Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #16  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

I had practically the same experience. In July 2010 I went to Old Navy to buy some jeans, and when I went into the dressing room to try on some size 14s, I found that the waist was really tight. I could button them, but they were so uncomfortable that I bought some size 16s. I couldn't believe that I'd reached that point; I was 10 years out from being a skinny teen who wore 2s and 4s.

Well, I'm a skinny minny now, and I still have those size 16 jeans as a reminder. They were terrific motivation. I attached a pic of those jeans next to the size 2s that I wear now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pantsPants.jpg (22.8 KB, 22 views)
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #17  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veela View Post
I have never been bigger than a size 10 in my life so choking down the fact that I was a 12 was difficult for me; to know that I actually now own a pair of size 14 jeans is devastating.

...I need to get my head in this game and start taking off this weight! This is the last straw I refuse to allow myself to feel like this any longer!
I feel your pain, Veela!!!!!

That is EXACTLY what happened to me about 2.5 years ago. I cried at the size 12... then a few months later, the size 14 REALLY brought on the water works! ...and eventually, I actually needed a size 16, but I just flat out REFUSED and kept wearing the 14's even tho my big ol'butt was completely uncomfortable in them! (I'd squeeze into a 14 and attempt NOT breathing all day, what a doofus!!!!)

I'm now in a size 12 & they are really loose - but I can't fit into a size 10 completely comfortably YET.

Just know that you are heading in the right direction - the weight won't come off overnight, and focus on celebrating the small victories instead of getting angry/sad with yourself over the small setbacks.

Just wanted you to know that you're definitely not the only one who got a b-slap from reality.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Absolutely don't go by Old Navy, I wear a 14 and can't even wedge into a 16 in that store They are the worst! Not to mention i can't even get them over my rump due to everything being LOW waist! Don't beat yourself up, we have all been there, heck, i'm still there lol!!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4

Like others have said, it's a tough wake up call... but if you treat it as a wake up call you can turn it into something positive. You already made the choice NOT to binge at the mall food court after the shopping trip, and how many other people would have? It's so easy to turn to food for comfort and you didn't do it... that's a step in the right direction already.

When I reached the 60 pound weight loss mark, I dug through my closet and pulled out my entire collection of pants, skirts and shorts and tried each one of them on. By the time an hour or so had passed I had 2 pair of pants that I could actually keep up! I donated the rest to charity... probably $2000 worth of designer jeans. THAT hurt, haha, but not as much as having to put them back on or go buy a bigger size would have.

Think about how great you're going to feel once you go to slip those size 14's on and they fall right off of you! You CAN do it, you just have to make that choice.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #20  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Good job not using the food court or make yourself feel better (and recognizing it will likely just make things worse!). That's exactly what you need to do.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #21  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

Old Navy's a bit hit or miss, size-wise. For my build, they run a bit big; I know others for whom they've run small. 11 years ago, they ran small for me (I was a 16 everywhere else, and a tight 18 at Old Navy).

That being said, you can take comfort in the fact that it's all downhill from here (in the best possible way!).

I actually did a happy dance when I fit into 14s for the first time, so you can also take comfort in the fact that you're not me .
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote