3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Never eating bananas again! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/259101-never-eating-bananas-again.html)

Curvycurly 05-15-2012 04:29 PM

Never eating bananas again!

Ok well at least not everyday! I've been having a smoothie every morning consisting of a banana, couple strawberries, ice, and fat free yogurt. And I'm always going over my sugar/carb count. Ive been attempting to low carb.I never thought the banana was to blame until I looked it up on my fitness pal. 30 carbs?! Really? I've been trying to figure out what fruits are low carb and seems like berries are my best bet?

JohnP 05-15-2012 04:34 PM

Yes. Berries are low carb amoung the common fruits.

ValRock 05-15-2012 04:38 PM

Ah yes... bananas. They are very starchy and carby!

ELBS717 05-15-2012 04:41 PM

berries and also apples are good because although they have carbs, the fiber in the peel helps keep your insulin response from spiking. :)

sontaikle 05-15-2012 04:48 PM

Ah, Bananas.

I enjoy every carby, sugary bite ;)

Although I bet your yogurt has quite a few carbs and sugar too!

nelie 05-15-2012 04:53 PM

I usually add 1/3 to 1/2 of a banana to my smoothies. I don't eat low carb though.

LockItUp 05-15-2012 05:32 PM

According to the ads that pop up while I'm here on 3FC if you eat bananas you CANNOT lose weight! LOL.

Seriously though, I know what you mean. If you are watching your carbs it's definitely a higher carb fruit.

I'm doing, what I consider, to be lower carb. . .as in lower than I was several weeks ago. From 200-300 carbs/day to under 100, and that's mainly because I've upped my protein by so much, the calories had to be shifted from somewhere.

I have a banana sometimes if I want one, I just have to watch the rest of my carbs for the remainder of the day.

LeilaJey 05-15-2012 05:41 PM

I eat a few bananas a week. Never more than 1 a day though but I haven't noticed them affecting me negatively. Affecting me deliciously maybe :D

caramelkitty 05-15-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeilaJey (Post 4334486)
Affecting me deliciously maybe :D

LOL I was just gonna write that! If I have one I have it earlier in the day so I give my body time to get over the carb intake. I don't think there's a scientific link to what I'm saying, but it works for me. I personally think the 105 calories from it can be used on something else, but I tend to obsess a little.

Btw, I totally walked past the bananas at the grocery store today thinking..."mmmmm maybe not" and bought raspberries and blueberries instead. :lol:

LandonsBaby 05-15-2012 06:18 PM

I buy bananas when I see really tiny ones which isn't often. I'll put 2 or 3 oz in a smoothie with raspberries. If you have someone at home who also likes bananas you could share one so you still get the flavor with less carbs. Some people save them but I think they turn gross, so I've never done it.

LeilaJey 05-15-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelkitty (Post 4334508)
LOL I was just gonna write that! If I have one I have it earlier in the day so I give my body time to get over the carb intake. I don't think there's a scientific link to what I'm saying, but it works for me. I personally think the 105 calories from it can be used on something else, but I tend to obsess a little.

Btw, I totally walked past the bananas at the grocery store today thinking..."mmmmm maybe not" and bought raspberries and blueberries instead. :lol:

Haha, I eat 1/2-1 in the morning if I have one too. Mmm blueberries! It's hard to find good fruit in my local shop but they have a mountain of bananas.

Emmy501 05-15-2012 07:07 PM

I usually freeze them and then add them to my smoothie. I have to have my bananas. I usually buy the smallest I can find.

Thkdiff 05-15-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curvycurly (Post 4334399)
Ok well at least not everyday! I've been having a smoothie every morning consisting of a banana, couple strawberries, ice, and fat free yogurt. And I'm always going over my sugar/carb count. Ive been attempting to low carb.I never thought the banana was to blame until I looked it up on my fitness pal. 30 carbs?! Really? I've been trying to figure out what fruits are low carb and seems like berries are my best bet?

I miss my bananas with peanut butter! Sooo good. But its been a while, not eating too many because of the carbs. Blueberries, Strawberries and blackberries is what I use for shakes, taste good, and I love berries too.

chickadee32 05-15-2012 07:45 PM

Mmm, bananas. I like them a lot, but don't eat them all that often because most of the time I'd just rather use my calories and carbs for other things. I eat blackberries and/or raspberries almost every day though - lots of fiber, and they're yummy!

Arctic Mama 05-15-2012 07:54 PM

I do low carb, in several forms depending on where I am at in my weight control, and berries, grapefruit, and lemons are my standby if I am having fruit. Low on the glycemic index and in small quantities is my rule, as the fructose in fruit has arguable deleterious effects on the liver. So I have two servings or so a day and call it good :)