Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #61  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana The way the doctor sounded, it seemed possible to sleep in a few days after med change, but nothing happened. I've tried wine and other sleep aids on top of Ambien and I just won't stay down.

I'm def on high mode right now, yesterday I mowed my entire lawn (usually only do 1/2) then I proceeded to cut away sumac trees. It's the only plant I'm not allergic to. When we first moved here, we found out it's highly poisonous, can be worse than poison ivy. It doesn't phase me one bit, get poked by our rose bush and I swell up like the little girl who turns into a blue berry on Willy Wonka. So two full hours of cutting away vine after vine. DH thought I was insane...well, that's what no sleep will do to a person. I took a very hot bath after that and my normal bedtime meds and slept (drum roll please) 6 hours. That's awesome! It wasn't straight through, but it was 6 hours.

The awful part was my hands were already bad for the day. I may not be able to hold a pen for a couple of days and I drop my fork a few times while eating. I knew they were bad when mowing, but I kept going. I had the worst case of boredom and I always get in trouble when bored. I should have called the doctor (Diana...so like your mom) but I thought yard work would help me get through it. Luckily I didn't get hurt, there was a couple of close calls. OMG, I cut my left index twice with the pruning sheers, what I thought was a vine was my finger I'm intact, though. I swear, these highs are just getting out of hand... Now someone has to come and clean my back yard it's full of cut down trees. I'm afraid of what DH will say when he sees it. :0

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

P.s totally forgot to tell you...184.4 (99 lbs down). Maybe I'll carried the trees to the city dump on my back (jk) to get rid of that extra pound

Last edited by mamakat; 05-19-2012 at 07:22 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #62  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning Happy Weekend to all!

Calories for yesterday: 1530 +
Weigh In: 148.2
Down: .6

Mamakat I'm glad you got some sleep! I am highly allergic to poison ivy. Not sure about the other "poisonous" botanicals since I try to stay far away. DH is an avid outdoors man. Once he put his clothes in the basket to be washed. I proceeded to pick them up and put them in the washer. Within a few minutes I was covered all over my arms with a poison ivy rash. It covered my entire body within a couple hours. Now he puts his hunting/farm clothes in the washer for me. Have a good day, don't work too hard.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #63  

Hi everybody

Thanks Diana and ItsMyTurn -- Yes I am feeling much better. Went for a bushwalk today -- not a long one - only about 8kms but I felt fine so I am on the up and up which is good.
Have ended up going out for dinner both nights this weekend. Friday and Saturday. Not so good for my weigh in this week

Anyhow I can get back into the exercise and a normal work routine now that I have recovered and also have my car back ( after being without it for six days) Life back to normal.
Off to bed now. Hope eveybody is having a good weekend
CyberCrystal
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #64  

Hey everyone - ItsMyTurn, I am so happy your fur baby was found! We have five dogs and I love them so much.

I went to Zumba twice last week and only walked twice, but I just could not get it together to do any more than that. I weighed myself this a.m. and I have lost 3.8 lbs down to 236.2 - I originally weighed 234 and jumped up 6 lbs when I started exercising (?).

I also started doing low carb two days a week, this past week was my first week - I read about it in a women's magazine and looked it up on the internet as well. You have to do low carb for 48 hours and then your normal weight loss diet (I do not have a normal weight loss diet yet) and it is supposed to boost your metabolism and help with insulin production, abnd you keep your carb grams under 50. I cannot tell whether or not my loss is from the exercise or the diet or both, but I will take it. I also bought myself a new pair of tennis shoes for exercising in - I had no support in my old shoes whatsoever.

I am committed to weighing every Saturday now so hopefully I can keep it together and start watching my calories. I do not know why this time around with losing weight I have to do it in baby steps but I am seeing some progress and it is definitely motivating me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
MRSS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #65  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

The weekend is off to an interesting start…

I got no sleep on Thursday night due to a bad blockage in my right ear. I've been struggling with temporary, overnight blockages in my ears for the past month or so, and finally went to the doctor to get help. They discovered my ears were just packed with wax, and flushed them out with a giant syringe. A BB-sized chunk of wax came out of the right one. But now I have super-human hearing - I can probably hear a pin drop on the other side of the house now! It's wild.

I asked what I can do to prevent this from happening again, and the doc's first suggestion was not to use Q-tips anymore. Apparently they push wax in farther more often than they remove it. The recommended care is to rinse with water, in the shower or with a bulb syringe if needed, and just towel off excess from your outer ear. It should all work its way out naturally if you don't stick anything in your ear. So… learn from my experience, kids… get rid of your Q-tips!

Anyway, on the eating front - I threw a backyard party yesterday evening with homemade sangria and barbecue. I had several friends attend and everyone had a great time! But, as you might expect, I went a bit over my calorie budget - by about 500 or so. Not too bad but I need to make up for it today and tomorrow. It was worth it! Haha.
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #66  

Heya all
The house party went great, i went out and two guys asked for my number. I felt ever so pretty. My diet may have went over my calorie limit but i did try and stay at 1200 by drinking only vodka and diet coke.

Today i was on plan and i got around 4hrs activity in, despite having a really bad hangover.

I plan on going for a long walk and swim tomorrow to. So all in all things are going good.
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #67  
Trying to live below 200

Cybercrystal I'm glad you are feeling better and things are getting back to normal. We are so used to things being a certain way in our lives. I hope you slept well.

Mrss2010 Congrats on the 3.8 pounds!

Cornellchick I'm glad your ear is better. I have a friend that has struggled with an ear issue. She hasn't had any relief after dealing with the Dr's for a couple of years now. Yum! Homemade Sangria!

Irishcanary I'm glad the house party was a hit and you had fun!
Old 05-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #68  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I always struggle with my food and hunger on Saturday. I am used to eating at certain times and the weekend messes everything up. Once I get hungry the whole day is screwed up for me. Today I did something different and I stayed full all day. I ate more calories at lunch and it was all protein. The problem with this is that it limits my calories for dinner. I like to have a little splurge for dinner on Saturday night. It worked out OK for today. Not sure how it will work at other times.

Total Approx 1755 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (750 Calories)
3 servings grilled salmon 750 calories

Dinner (610 Calories)
300g Spaghetti Squash (I rounded calories up) 100 calories
Spaghetti Sauce 100 calories
Meatballs 100 calories
1/2 Rudi's Flatz prepared like garlic toast 60 calories
Sauteed spinach 50 calories
Mock Strawberry Shortcake
1/2 Rudi Flatz 50 calories
Strawberries 50 calories
Cottage cheese 100 calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk
Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #69  

Hi everybody
Wishing everybody a good weekend

Diana -- I am glad that your day with your food worked out okay for you.
Hopefully other Saturdays will be just as successful

IrishCanary -- sounds like a weekend of lots of fun so far-- and enjoy the swim and the walk

Cornell -- I have had a few ear issues too. Hate getting my ears syringed -- I was told by my doctor that not much helps-- If you get wax you get wax - but I will try what you have been told. Worth trying

I had a good day with my food today. Have my weigh in day in a few days time. Not sure how it will go as I have had a bit of a mixed up week.
Anyhow today has been a good day so far.
Cheers everybody. Will check in tomorrow morning

Cyber Crystal
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #70  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Follow me over to the new thread! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...5-20-12-a.html

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-20-2012 at 09:07 AM.