Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #46  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone

I counted 4 hours of sleep. I went to bed at 11 woke up at 12. Listened to DH snore til 1 then woke back up at 4. I tried to fall back asleep, but ended up staring at my multicolored alarm clock until 6. And I was exhausted when I went to bed, I thought for sure, I'd sleep all the way through. Blah, this is getting (is there a word for more than exhausting)...

ItsMyTurn Once again, glad Punky is home. When you said you talked to DS instead of more affection as that would worry him more, I so related. I hope things start calming down now. How did you sleep?

Diana When I was young, before my first surgery, I learned that taking a lot of aspirin or aspirin products (or even things that thin blood) affect the length of our TOM. I always took headache meds because of migraines and as a kid and one doctor suspected that was the reason for my 3 month long TOM. So he mentioned that my aspirin consumption could be the reason for the long light flow. After surgery and the start of the pill (age 15), I experienced my first cramps (wicked ones that had to be offset by Percoset) still had long TOMs. Of course it turned out I just had a bad uterus, but I always thought the aspirin thing was interesting. After I learned that I switched to Tylenol.

Well that was my useless tidbit for the day. I'm holding my weight at 186.2. I actually thought it would go up because I ate such a large bowl of chili for lunch, but thankful it didn't. I'm 3 pounds away, it's taking forever. My blister has grown if that's even possible. It was on the pad of my foot, now it's between my big toe and the other one (do toes have names like fingers). So it's still hard to walk. I thought I might have broken the toe itself, but it wiggles just fine

I need coffee and a lot of it! I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #47  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

This is my lucky week!! I am down one more pound! I now weigh 170 lbs!! One more pound and I will be at a weight that I haven't been since my youngest son was born (6 yrs ago!).....
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #48  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieAlyse View Post
199.8 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow!! Congrats!!!
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #49  

Hi everyone
ItsMyTurn- the fur ball looks so cute.. so glad that he has made it home and in not too bad a shape by the sounds of it.
I have made it through with my food plan for today. Feeling a bit "toey" at the moment and what to hit that fridge but am going to have an early night.
Not well still -- still have not voice which makes it a bit hard as a teacher!
My weigh in day is going to be Wednesday this week. Am hoping for a loss - on track for the moment anyhow. No exercise today as I had a virus and was feeling too washed out.
Wishing everyone well... Hang in there
Cyber Crystal
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #50  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Mamakat - I knew if anyone could relate to that aspect, it would be you DH is the nurturer in our family, I am the one who works off logic and "fixes things"
Glad to hear the chili didn't have an adverse effect on ya!

CyberCrystal - Thank you, it had me a total basketcase trying to find him. Hope your voice returns quickly, can't imagine trying to teach without a voice!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning!

I'm running late this morning. I'm back to where I was the day before. That's OK since I had the Japanese food last night. TTOM has ended, so things should be getting better.

Calories for yesterday: 1570 +
Weigh In: 149.4
Up: .4
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #52  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

Late to the party again! I should have been here from the beginning of the week.

Monday - managed to completely deflate one of my bike tires while attempting to FILL it, and couldn't figure out how to get it full again. I had to drive to work with the bike in the car so some work friends could help me troubleshoot. Turns out the valve stems on my tubes are so short, the pump head barely has enough room to create a tight seal - hence my leakage problems. We got it filled up and I took it back home, and then I made up for driving to work by biking to the bank and back instead.

This morning - weight was not down at all from my last weigh-in on Monday , but I didn't let that get me discouraged. I had been pondering lowering my calorie budget over the last couple of days, as I seemed to have more calories than I knew what to do with when my rate was 1 lb./week - I've upped the speed to 1.5 lb./week so my calorie budget is about 250 fewer per day. Breakfast was two eggs and a fruit/yogurt/seed parfait; lunch was quinoa with shiitake mushrooms, broccoli, and baby carrots in teriyaki sauce. I even managed to stop halfway through the quinoa I had left after eating the veggies, because the teriyaki made it just too salty to be good - hooray for not eating food just because it's in front of me.

Hoping my weigh-in next Monday will show some progress!
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #53  

Hi everyone
Thanks ItsMyTurn . You are right I am not able to get to teach. Had to give the voice a rest. Wednesday I was trying but it was awful and made me worse.
-- Still not much of a voice today. The doctor told me it would take a couple of days and it seems she was right.
Am pretty bored not being able to talk -- and am a bit tired too so not getting to gym etc. Anyhow should be fine soon

This is my plan

Breakfast -- toast and tomato
snack -- banana
lunch -- tuna and salad roll and salad
snack -- yoghurt and apricot
dinner dahl and vegies and salad
supper fruit

All the best everyone
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #54  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

We got home late tonight. I won't be able to do personals tonight. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
NY Strip 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 15
TF Fire 60
Old 05-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #55  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning! TGIF! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?

As for me, I will do my standard fare of straightening the house, cooking dinner, grocery shopping, and working out.

Anyone have any plans for the upcoming Memorial weekend?

As for us, we normally take a small trip. We won't do that this year because of my Mom being sick. We might take a day trip. We thought about driving to Myrtle Beach to eat crab legs. You gotta love the all you can eat crab leg places. Or maybe not! Hey, it's all protein, baby!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 148.8
Down: .6
Old 05-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #56  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Cyber Crystal - let your body heal, then you can worry about the gym.

Diana - We HAVE to clean the house. DH was going to be working on it over this past week and got a lot done yesterday, but between me being gone, trying to get Amber set up for online school for start of the school year, meeting with her counselor, setting her appts she needs for clearance for knee replacement surgery, my son got in trouble at school - so back over to school he went, lol.... well, last night was my "rest day"... Amber asks if she can ride her bike in the dirt field... told her to put on knee pads, elbow pads, and helmet (yes, she is THAT clumsy, lol)... well, next thing we know she is coming in the house after falling off bike and has one, possibly 2 fractures of her wrist! 3hrs in urgent care later, and the poor girl now has to add ANOTHER appt to her RA dr and Orthopedic now due to this most recent bike ride (then she wonders why I say 'no' so often). All this has come up when my parents are flying to town in 4 days! Poor Amber though, seriously, it was the wrist that already she has RA issues with and has had fluid extracted from several times.. her good wrist is fine - what are the odds??? So my plans for the weekend are: Keep everyone from hurting themselves and clean the house,

Happy Friday!!!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #57  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Late start getting on the computer, I've been up and writing since 5am. I got bored staring at the ceiling. Yesterday after picking up DS, I forced myself to bed before loudmouth DD got home with even louder friends. I got in one hour which clearly wasn't enough. I got in three last night. I'm exhausted. I will try the nap thing again today after I pick up DS, he's off school early the last two days. Since being up and moving out of boredom or writing lull, I'm all caught up on laundry Yay me.

ItsMyTurn That's a lot to do, I hope you get a break some time this weekend, especially from owies. Be glad her good wrist is still good, it's hard as heck doing things with both hands down. I was a dummy when I had hand surgery, I thought, sure I can do in with two weeks in between. Yikes, what a bathroom experience that was

Diana I think I'm gonna try to sleep. I'll ask DH to take the kids out, at least the loud one. He'll be gone the week of the three day weekend, so who knows. I stopped planning one day trips with the kids because they have such different interests now. And you know when you go on vacation, you really don't want to hear bickering (including your own ).

Well I'm off to do some more writing, a few errands and taxi service for the boy. Oh, duh, I am at a new low, not sure it will stick, but hoping. 185.2. With this sleep pattern, I can't guarantee anything.

Have a wonderful and healthy day
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #58  

Hello people . I hope you have a great time this weekend .

Bad news, i broke up with my boyfriend. I feel a bit low about that naturally.

Good news is, i have been sticking to my diet plan really well. I weighed myself today and i am below 70kg, which is the weight i feel horrible at. I am only below by 2 or so kg, but at least its not 70kg!

Having a house party with all my friends over, should be good .
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Mamakat Will it take time for you to adjust from the med change, so you can sleep? I hope you were able to rest and take a nap today. Congrats on the new low!

Cbressler Congrats on 170!

Cyercrystal I hope you are feeling better.

Cornellchick LOL at the deflating the bike tire. I have done something similar with my car tire. We won't talk about that.

Itsmyturn Wow! First off, keep the kids safe this weekend! I'm sorry about your DD's wrist. I'm sure she is a trooper, though. Sending healing thoughts her way. I hope you can get some of that accomplished this weekend and you can get a rest in there somewhere.

Irishcanary Sorry about the boyfriend situation. A house party sounds fun and will keep your mind busy for a while. Good job sticking to your plan.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1530 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories