Icecream

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Ok...I am getting to where I have to have icecream everyday!! I know that's bad right?! I am really having a craving for it. Even an icecream sandwich will do. Ahhhhh...I need help! lol How do you stop the cravings??
  • Is eating ice cream every day preventing you from losing? Are you having trouble controlling how much you eat of it? Are you hungry?

My mother lost weight and maintained it, all while having 1/2 cup ice cream every day as a snack. Since she was counting calories, she had that as a dairy serving -- and her dietician said that was fine.

While I don't believe in "good" foods vs "bad" foods, some may be healthier than others (just meaning some have higher nutrient values than others). As some like to say here (a lot), it is the amount you eat that is the issue.
  • Stop eating it! Hate to say it cause I know it sucks to hear but the more you eat sugar, the more you crave it. You could switch to skinny cow or sherbet, though I overeat both. I switched to Popsicles and was eating like 6 a day. Serious sugar habit. So I stopped eating simple carbs and there's Popsicles and sherbet and chocolate in my freezer that I don't even daydream about. Lol. I have some once in awhile now that I've mastered my cravings.
  • But I was a diehard calorie counter for years and believe if you can eat it in moderation it won't hurt you at all. I'm low carb because I'm prediabetic but I've noticed lack of sugar craving as a very positive side effect.
  • Get rid of it!!!!
  • I have ice cream bars for dessert after dinner quite often. I'll admit I go over my daily sugar almost every day, and the ice cream is a top contributor, but I find that it's completely worth it. I LOVE ice cream and I don't care if it's sugary- it's delicious. Having a 100 cal portion satisfies me for the day and doesn't make me sick from huge amounts of sugar either. The most important thing: I am still losing weight!

Good luck!
  • Quote: Get rid of it!!!!
    Lol yep.
  • No I don't think so, I haven't really gained any weight from it. TOM is in 10 days, maybe that's the reason too. I'm controlling it, but right now I could put a hurting on a gallon of chocolate lol! You know what makes me gain weight? Is french fries! and french fries are good with a frosty...oh let me stop! lol
  • Quote: No I don't think so, I haven't really gained any weight from it. TOM is in 10 days, maybe that's the reason too. I'm controlling it, but right now I could put a hurting on a gallon of chocolate lol! You know what makes me gain weight? Is french fries! and french fries are good with a frosty...oh let me stop! lol
    OMG haha French fries and a ******* frosty. How I miss that glorious combo lol. I would like one right now!

But I'm going to have earl gray tea with Splenda instead
  • Boy I used to be a BAD sugarholic..lol. Before I decided to lose weight I would eat chocolate like it was going out of style. I craved it, and yes it is a serious addiction. Dove is my favorite chocolate! But since I started dieting and eating better in Jan, my cravings went away...now I think since we went on vacation last week and I splurged with the sugar...haha...I'm craving it now.
  • Rice cake eater that's awesome you can have some and still lose! I think we all could if we watched our portion size.

munchievictim...Wendy's fries and frosty! great combo
  • If it's a problem for you, then don't eat it; but you will find people who eat it occasionally with no ill effects. It's up to you. You know yourself better than we do ...
  • We eat a half cup of light ice cream whenever we want for a snack. It isn't necessarily every day, but when we feel like it, we work it in! It doesn't seem to be impacting our weightloss. We calorie count...sooo...for us it works!
  • cool thanks meltitaway, Im gonna count it in and see how it goes for a few weeks. lol but being close to TOM might throw it off a little, because I gain a little water weight anyway.
  • this thread is killing me! I haven't had ice cream in forever!!!! wendy's chocolate frosty and fries used to be my favorite! I used to have two to three heaping scoops of ice cream every night right before bed, back before I started my diet. Now this thread just brings back all those memories! Though I would agree with some of the others and just keep the portion size small. I may have to do the same, as it's been way to long since i've had icecream. Man now I'm starting to crave it now lol