Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #16  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I picked my goal weight because I thought I was 5'8 at the time and I picked the threshold normal weight figure for my weight which I thought was impossible anyway. Once i got to the 180s, i thought i might shoot for 150. And now I'm in the 150s, I want 140 with my goal being to maintain between 143 and 148. I think as you approach your target, you sometimes begin to reevaluate your goals once you know you can truly do it!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #17  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I never had a goal weight until I joined this site. Up until that point, I just lost, and weighted myself occasionally, pretty much going by clothing sizes and how I felt.

When I came here in November, I decided to set a weight of 175, mainly because that would have been 1/2 my total body weight loss. I declared goal at 182 because I loved the way my body looked, and I felt amazing. At that point I decided to work solely on fitness and toning. I eat healthy, work out....but I have lost a few pounds since deciding to stop focusing on weightloss. I'm pretty much letting my body go and do what it wants, while staying healthy, and if it wants to go lower it will.

Just let your body lose until you feel comfortable. Even if that tec. puts you in the overweight category. Oh and don't worry about sacrificing food xD. I still eat icecream, chocolate, well pretty much anything with sugar...As long as you stick to the calories your body needs, treats won't harm you.

Last edited by baker23; 05-08-2012 at 05:06 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't really know or care. In fact I work very hard at making sure that I don't care, because in the past I would always get hung up on and onbsessive about my goal, whatever it was. I'd get really upset and frustrated when I felt like my goal wasn't acheivable. And when I felt that my goal wasn't acheivable I would usually give up because I felt the situation was hopeless.

Now I realize that the goal is the least important aspect of my journey. My goal doesn't even have to be "set" I can decide when I reach it - and I can change my mind (up or down) at any time. If I decide tomorrow that I'm sick of losing weight, I can decide that 289 lbs IS my goal. And maybe that will last a week or three years and when I'm ready to lose more, I can work at losing more.

In that sense, I don't have a goal, I have two hundred of them, because every pound might be my last. And when I think "I can't lose anymore, I'll never reach goal," I tell myself "so what? Even if I never reach my ultimate destination, I want to always be facing - and ideally moving - in the right direction. If I take a break, I need to be standing still, not moving backwards."

And if I meet my goal of 150 lbs (currently my hope) and I decide I want to lose more - I'll work to lose more.... and if I decide that 150 is too difficult to maintain and live the kind of lifestyle I want to live, then I'll decide what weight is manageable and I'll let myself gain until I reach that weight.

I GET to decide and I get to change my mind - once, twice, or ten thousand times - I'm just going to make sure that it's my conscious choice, and not what I end up with because I stopped making conscious choices and let my autopilot take over.

Giving up autopilot is the only decision I have to stick with.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote