3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Letting stress/anger fuel your workout? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/258623-letting-stress-anger-fuel-your-workout.html)

kassiebby1124 05-08-2012 08:30 AM

Letting stress/anger fuel your workout?

Am I the only one who let's anger and other emotions bring out the "best" in their workout? I haven't been in the gym lately but I'm posses as heck today and I was going anyway. So I feel like the work out will be even better because I work harder when I am upset

shapedself 05-08-2012 09:00 AM

I've heard of some people who do this. I'm generally not angry and don't like being angry, so it's not an option for me though.

twinieten 05-08-2012 09:01 AM

I let emotions bring out the best in my workouts all the time!! Negative energy seems to be the best fuel. I never thought exercise would make me feel good. Sometimes after a bad day, I can't wait to get home so I can go for a run or whatever. If I'm feeling blue, it's probably because I haven't exercised. Yup, good drug.

Heather157 05-08-2012 10:47 AM

Absolutely! If I have a bad day at work I use it crush my workout! I had a REALLY bad day the other day and went on a bike ride after work. I did the ride faster than I've ever done it! After the ride I felt MUCH better :)

LockItUp 05-08-2012 10:50 AM

Oh ya! Some days I have a heck of a day with the kids (3 years old and 4 months old), frustration gets the better of me, but when I get in the gym it helps my workout and by the end of it I feel calm and collected.

kassiebby1124 05-08-2012 10:52 AM

Thanks everyone! After school I'm gonna kick butt

Chele615 05-08-2012 06:04 PM

Sometimes I feel that the gym is the best stress relief I have in my life!!! With a full time job teaching high school special education students, and having to deal with a good chunk of regular education teachers who are more stressful and demanding than the kids are most of the time!!!

Nothing feels better than being able to kick butt on the machine and get all the anger/frustration out. It helps me be able to process through it all in my head and then move on and move past it.

Natasha22 05-08-2012 09:38 PM

Definitely! I love working out when I'm angry, nervous or stressed, it calms me down and I feel so much better afterwards, not to mention the accomplishment that I've done an intense workout.

ValRock 05-08-2012 10:00 PM

OH YES!!!

I run my hardest, lift my heaviest, and rock my workout the fiercest when I have things on my mind I need to work through. It's a total release! I imagine myself beating the pulp out of my stress!

katkitten 05-09-2012 03:00 PM

I actually think that is a very constructive strategy. When I am angry or upset I tend to eat. But, when I think back on it, the times in my life when I have been most successful with weight loss have been when I channeled that negative energy into my workouts instead.

djs06 05-09-2012 03:11 PM

I think for me it's more about 'taking the time' to do something good for myself if I'm upset or stressed out. Or trying to deal with negative emotions in a healthy way. I agree, it is a great way to let out that aggression!

mimsyborogoves 05-09-2012 03:20 PM

I ALWAYS have better workouts when I'm stressed out, especially if I'm on the elliptical. I become a freakin' gazelle! It's awesome, lol.

dcapulet 05-09-2012 03:24 PM

I read this yesterday, and thought "hmm, I don't THINK I do..." And then today, when the stress of other's lateness with projects and my looming deadline got to be too much, I went to the gym and CRANKED IT OUT - so yes, I do.

sontaikle 05-09-2012 03:29 PM

I keep saying it, but there's no way I would have gotten through grad school without exercise. I don't know how I managed to fit it in, but it certainly kept me sane.

Some of my best workouts were when I had SOOOOO much going on!

caramelkitty 05-09-2012 03:31 PM

i love doing that!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY when its kick boxing or something, I feel like I pretend Im beating someone I dont like up! HAHAHAH