Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Default Ugh! Gave In :(

So I gave in to a craving for chinese oh well can't turn back time...

Bad news: went over on my cals for the day by approx 850

Good News: It couldve been waaaaay worse. The fried rice and crabmeat rangoons I was craving tasted AMAZING as always, but the General Tso's chicken I always get just tasted gross and chemically so i threw it away after about 1/3rd... took me that long to determine it wouldn't suddenly taste good just cause I wanted it to lol

To top it off I am now nauseous from all the grease that my body is NOT used to anymore.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/151.8/147

Height: 5' 9"

--so you treated yourself a little-no big deal, and good for you for showing control and restraint..... I think it is super unrealistic to say we will NEVER eat "those" certain foods we LOVE that made us overweight in the first place EVER again! I think it is Ok to treat yourself "within reason" once in a GREAT WHILE!!!! P.S.---I LOVE those crab things!!!!

Last edited by MOLE; 05-05-2012 at 11:18 PM.
MOLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I have been craving chinese food for MONTHS!!! Sadly enough(or maybe it's acutally a good thing?) i can't afford to actually get it. I can't be sensible with portions either. I stuff myself with chinese food till i can't move...
slvrangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

You're right, it could have been way worse. I think my last slip-up I consumed 2000+ calories more than I should have?

I hope you enjoyed it, and like the above poster said, there's nothing wrong with treating yourself once in a while.

I'm sorry you feel nauseous -- last time I ate chinese, the exact same thing happened to me and I ended up throwing away all the food, too! I think your body must be throwing a tantrum because it wants its good food back, lol.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Mmm. I think I miss Chinese food most of all. Sounds like you did ok. You had a bit of a splurge and got the craving out of your system. Make your next meal a fresh start.
Now I want Chinese food!
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #6  

Lol so true all of you, the problem is with my fiance graduating next friday and mothers day next sunday thats two planned dinners out that now i will feel even more compelled to eat extra good there since I splurged today... ah well its all good practice lol

sorry I gave y'all cravings :P
Old 05-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #7  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

...oh, how I miss Chinese food!!.... I won't let that and pizza come into this house!!...lol.... I slip up on my exercise a lot because I am VERY lazy... I can't afford to slip up on food because once I taste those kinds of foods, I won't be able to stop myself....I have no control... ...that is great that it tasted gross!!! your body knows what is healthy!
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbressler1976 View Post
...oh, how I miss Chinese food!!.... I won't let that and pizza come into this house!!...lol.... I slip up on my exercise a lot because I am VERY lazy... I can't afford to slip up on food because once I taste those kinds of foods, I won't be able to stop myself....I have no control... ...that is great that it tasted gross!!! your body knows what is healthy!
I cannot let baked goods or pizza into the house because I will eat it until it is gone lol
Old 05-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #9  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
I cannot let baked goods or pizza into the house because I will eat it until it is gone lol
...me too!!... ps- congrats on your weightloss so far!! I have only lost 14lbs and it has been HARD!
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #10  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Here's some more good news: It was only 850 calories. Just get back on track tomorrow.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #11  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Get back on track tomorrow!!

Maybe plan ahead next time? Find some healthful recipes you can make at home as an alternative. I like to stir fry ground turkey with a bag of broccoli slaw and some soy sauce and fish sauce. It's still got a lot of sodium but at least it's without all the calories of the real thing. Tastes like an egg roll without the fried roll part .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #12  
Dimply and Huge

S/C/G: 325/200

Height: 5'6

I gave in one day last week (pizza AND dessert). I almost see it as a victory, though. I ate the food because I wanted it and turned right around and ate within my calorie range the next day. That's a victory in my book. I normally would give in then find myself eating the same way for weeks on end because I made a "mistake." If this is about a lifestyle and life long change, then we have to realize that there will be times we will eat something that is higher in calories. We just can't let it destroy us. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
Resipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipoo View Post
I gave in one day last week (pizza AND dessert). I almost see it as a victory, though. I ate the food because I wanted it and turned right around and ate within my calorie range the next day. That's a victory in my book. I normally would give in then find myself eating the same way for weeks on end because I made a "mistake." If this is about a lifestyle and life long change, then we have to realize that there will be times we will eat something that is higher in calories. We just can't let it destroy us. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
Thats a victory in everyone's book!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/151.8/147

Height: 5' 9"

Hey--I just wanted to share real quick with folks who have SUPER Chinese food cravings.......There is a brand called "LaCHOY" who makes a yummy chicken and/or beef chow mein. For a one cup serving it contains about 80 calories, 2 grms of fat, and only 11 carbs. Now the downside is YES it comes in a can, and YES it has a LOT of sodium--like all other chinese food does. But it REALLY cures MY chinese food craving without KILLING my diet--and I NEVER feel guility about having a larger portion. I also add those little mini corn things, and water chestnuts!! You can find it at almost ANY grocery store. I do want to say I wouldn't recommend it for an everyday food choice cuz the sodium is a little on the high side--but once in awhile it's my "go-to" when I really HAVE to have some Chinese food!!
MOLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #15  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

how much of a deficit do you give yourself? You probably ate at maintenance or around that (maybe you're still at a deficit depending on how many calories you allow yourself a day). The only gains you'd probably see on the scale are water weight gains.

Sometimes we forget that going over calories for the day isn't necessarily bad when you're eating at a deficit Maintenance days just mean stalls in weight loss--not necessarily weight gains.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote