Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #1  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Tell me no

I'm having such a hard time, about a year ago I moved to another state, and I got myself up back to almost 210 with that! Then I told myself time to get it in gear and got down to 195.

THEN I went to a business conference and pretty much had no control over my food, and as hard as I tried I went back up to like 203 lbs (seriously I felt like I was served nothing but carbs and more carbs, but yes I did indulge in a dessert one day and in a glass of wine another day).

Now I'm back and hovering between 199-201 lbs.

I'm so sick of trying, of bouncing back and forth, of feeling like I'm denying myself what I want to eat, etc.

Last week I bought tons of veggies but I must have gotten a bad batch at the store because 2 days later EVERYTHING was bad. I was pretty furious and tossed it all out and made due with whatever was left in the house the rest of the day.

Exercise has also been thrown out the window, I'm back in special training at work and the schedule is INSANE. I literally come home drained, and to top it all off the past 1.5 weeks we have been dealing with some sort of animal in our walls keeping us up at night. Exterminator is coming on Tuesday.

And to top it all off last November I found out I was pregnant, hubby and I were overjoyed (married for 6 years) that I was pregnant, but then in January I miscarried, got terribly depressed, gained weight, lost it, etc. I still deal with the pain from this also, we've been trying ever since but no luck (I know it's only been three months). And every time I talk to anyone in the family I'm always asked "are you pregnant?" which is frustrating the CRAP out of me. I now understand how Khloe Kardashian feels! *scream*

I want to lose the weight, but with so much going on, with feeling upset about my miscarriage, working my *** off, lack of sleep (oh man that animal is driving me crazy), and tons of stress, I just feel like I can't do it

I'm so upset I want to ask the doctor for a prescription for phentermine, but I know that isn't the answer for long-term.

*sigh* Anyways, please stop me from calling the doctor and getting a prescription, I guess I just feel like I need some encouragement.

I do plan on starting over with phase 1 of the South Beach diet, I think I just need a total food detox right now.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #2  

I hear ya. Work has been super stressful for me lately, and I had a miscarriage a few months ago. I was really focused and driven with eating well and exercise then work just totally threw me off. I love phentermine for quick results, but I gained it all back after I lost, so do yourself a favor and do it yourself. You should give yourself props! You're under 200! That's awesome! YOU CAN DO IT!

Message me if you need to talk. I know how you're feeling. Hang in there, chica.
SJKduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
I'm so sick of trying, of bouncing back and forth, of feeling like I'm denying myself what I want to eat, etc.
No doubt this is tough. This is exactly why I intermittently fast. As I'm sure you know it comes down to calories so by limiting the amount of time I eat I gain flexibility in the amount and types of foods I eat. It's not for everyone but you might want to check it out.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #4  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

First of all, You have a lot on your plate!

So I think I'd take a break from actively trying to lose weight until you get some of those things squared away. At least get the animal out of the wall so you can sleep! (You WILL laugh about that in a few months - it's pretty ridiculous!)

Second, I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby. You need to give yourself some time to heal, to emotionally get over this loss.. maybe consider counselling for a little while to help you work through everything.

So maybe make your focus to maintain for a few weeks, until you can get a handle on some of the stresses in your life. AFter that, you will be in a better place to make weight loss your biggest priority.

GL!
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

I agree with kirsteng. With so many things on your plate right now, diving head on into calorie restriction and serious meal planning might not be in your best interest.

So sorry for your loss. That in itself will take time for processing.

Maybe you can just start by doing little things like passing up dessert and whatnot, which gives you the feeling of control and reinforces positive steps, without making calorie counting a big focus of your time and attention.

When you get a better handle on work, and your emotions even out a little, you can try slowly ramping up the diet effort then. Right now you need to be kind to yourself.
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone.

I wish I could concentrate on just staying at the same weight, but my weight is also depressing me!

I just have to hope things get better (the things I can't control like work right now) and figure out a way to deal with this and get healthy.

I'm thinking I'm going to start working out on my lunch breaks.

Last edited by beerab; 05-05-2012 at 09:41 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'm so so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you have gone through, and continue to go through.

I'll give you another reason not to call the doc for phen... if you guys are still actively trying to get pregnant, I can't imagine phen is a safe drug to take while pregnant. Obviously you wouldn't know the second you become pregnant, so if you were taking it and became pregnant it would be inevitable that you would take it for a time while pregnant. Yikes that may not have been worded very eloquently, but hopefully my point came across.

Keep your head up and give yourself some credit. You are dealing with a lot in your life right now!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I am sorry you had to suffer through a miscarriage; I can't imagine the toll it took on you and your husband. You hope you find a way to take care of yourself mentally and physically to cope and heal.

In addition, I seriously doubt that drug is something you want anywhere near your body. Wikipedia says the following:

"Phentermine, a contraction of "phenyl-tertiary-butylamine", is a psychostimulant drug of the phenethylamine class, with pharmacology similar to amphetamine. It is used medically as an appetite suppressant.

The more common side effects are:
Cardiovascular
Palpitation, tachycardia, elevation of blood pressure.

Central Nervous System
Overstimulation, restlessness, dizziness, insomnia, euphoria, dysphoria, tremor, headache.

Gastrointestinal
Dryness of the mouth, unpleasant taste, diarrhea, constipation, other gastrointestinal disturbances.

Allergic
Urticaria, changes in libido."

---------

These side effects are worth risking if your weight is causing more serious, potential life threatening complications. I know it's frustrating not losing as fast as you'd like or potentially stalling but you have to decide for yourself if the side effects are worth it, assuming your doctor would even prescribe it to you at your weight.

I hope things start looking up for you soon.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #9  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Good luck Bee. I know how things have been really tough for you. You are so amazing and deserve to fight for yourself !

InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote