NEED encouraged....

• HI ALL. I've been walking everyday and getting in as much activity as possible. My grandma died last weekend and throughout the whole process I didn't walk. I ate stupid food etc....

I'm having trouble getting back into the swing of things. I don't want to fall back. Any advice, points of view???
  • So sorry to hear of your loss.It is normal to have a little setback when we lose someone we love. Don't beat yourself up over a temporary glitch in your eating plan, start over and move forward.
  • I'm sorry for your loss ((hugs)) like the previous poster stated its normal to divert when something significant happens. Take time for you and slowly get back into things. The walking might also help to give you some alone time and grieve.
  • I didn't eat/exercise very well when my dad died. I just stopped paying attention. You can come back from that, though, and it is important to take some time for yourself. But exercise can make you feel a lot better emotionally, so those walks are probably a great idea. Basically, you're already doing great for your situation since you're still noticing what you're doing during this time and haven't given up!
  • Sorry about your loss. To your questions, concentrate on diet first and foremost. Walking and any other exercise if a great thing, but diet is where it's at. Also, acknowledge that you slipped and that slipping occasionally is normal. However, it's no excuse to decide that somehow you've "failed" and should stop trying. Good luck to you.
  • Thank you everybody. I just need to realize that I can still keep going instead of giving up. Shapedself....WOW on the weight loss so far!! WOW to everybody! I think I'm going to get up in the morning and walk it off for a few miles. See how that feels. Usually if I start off the day with a good walk the eating part just falls in line.
  • Just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm very sorry for your loss. It's completely normal and very understandable to go off plan when there's a death in the family. You should be proud of yourself for still having the urge to get back into the swing of things. *hugs*
  • My Sending my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your grandmother. It may take some time to feel completely back on track but you will get there one day at a time.
  • I'm so so sorry for your loss.b those can be hard times to stay on track when you're dealing with such emotional pain and stress.

Just try and resist those foods that are bad and reach fr a healthier comfort food (I know easier said then done!)

I know you can do it! I'll be praying for you!