Anyone have more fat on one side of their body?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was studying my hips and stomach in the mirror to see how noticeable the lost pounds were and I noticed that the "roll" on my right hip, or slighly above my hip, is bigger than the one on the left. I couldn't figure this out! The only thing I can think of is that I always sleep on my right side, and gravity naturally pulls that side down. Has anyone else noticed more fat on one side of thier body than the other? Have you figured out why?
  • I don't think I do. Maybe a little difference on my tummy roll. But I'm not surprised. I've been doing a lot of yoga lately and it's certainly showed me how different the two sides of my body are in terms of strength and flexibility - so why not other features, too. It may be you have more or less muscle on one side which is making the fat seem more visible??
  • My left arm is waaay more flabby than the right. I try to work out my left arm more. No difference. Grrr. I think its from years and years of using my right arm.
  • You might have slight scoliosis, which could cause your hips to be uneven and then your fat rolls to look like they are uneven.
    When I do yoga, my "spare tire" always feels bigger on my left side.
  • When I was heavier than I am now, I had two back folds on one side and one fold on the other. No idea why.

F.
  • I don't know if its fat or not but my right calf is a 1/2 inch bigger than my left. I'm blaming it on the fact that i always hold my son on my right hip but who really knows?
  • Quote: You might have slight scoliosis, which could cause your hips to be uneven and then your fat rolls to look like they are uneven.
    When I do yoga, my "spare tire" always feels bigger on my left side.
    That could be it. I don't have scoliosis, but I do have some crookedness.
  • Bizarre, I've never thought about that before. I just checked and didn't notice any obvious asymmetry.
  • since the weight loss I've lost my rolls but I have noticed a similar issue with my waist. When looking in the mirror the sides of my waist are dramatically different, one side is longer than the other, always thought it was weird never knew why it was like that.
  • Quote: I don't know if its fat or not but my right calf is a 1/2 inch bigger than my left. I'm blaming it on the fact that i always hold my son on my right hip but who really knows?
    I have one calf bigger than the other, too. No clue why. All I can think of is if I always use 1 leg more than the other...sorta like how someones right handed maybe I'm right footed lol
  • I know for a fact that my right side has always been bigger/stronger than my left side. A few years ago when I lifted weights and built some mean muscle, my right was always slightly more defined/toned. Likewise, after I stopped, my left side seemed to be smaller after the muscle atrophied. I also know my right boob is slightly larger as well. Of course, I notice lol. The human body on most people will be a little asymmetrical.
  • I only really notice it with my boobs! LOL One is probably a half cup larger than the other.
  • Quote: I only really notice it with my boobs! LOL One is probably a half cup larger than the other.
    I have this, except that I think one is a whole cup size smaller than the other. Funny thing is that they were always uneven but the difference became more pronounced when I lost weight.

My ribcage is uneven actually. You wouldn't notice it unless I stripped naked and pointed it out to you, but it's uneven nonetheless.
  • Quote:
    My ribcage is uneven actually. You wouldn't notice it unless I stripped naked and pointed it out to you, but it's uneven nonetheless.
    So is mine!!!

I have measurements that are slightly bigger on the left side as well. Hoping the differences will decrease the more weight I lose and muscle I build.
  • Quote: I have this, except that I think one is a whole cup size smaller than the other. Funny thing is that they were always uneven but the difference became more pronounced when I lost weight.

Yep, mine too. My ribcage is REALLY uneven, and it's become more noticeable with the weight loss. My breasts are different sizes as well, my fat distribution is different on different sides of my body, one leg is longer than the other, one foot is bigger than the other, the fingers on one hand are thicker than the other... I am asymmetrical pretty much all over.