Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2019, 02:08 AM   #1  

Default I am confused ...

Hey guys,
As i told in my previous posts i started the year 220lbs. I decided that south beach diet is my diet and soon in 3 months i drop down to 200. Still a lot but much better. Since i have problems with my left leg i wanted to start exercising but not too hard once because it is not good for my leg. I still keep my diet plan and from all things that i had to avoid in the first 3months i added in my menu only red meat and fruits but it was prolonged in time. For few months i kept my weight. But now i began to gain. I am not overeating for sure. And eat only meat eggs cheese (but not everyday) salads and fruits. I walk everyday at least 30 minutes, most of the days about 1/1.30h. I started cycling yesterday for 2 or 3h and skipped one meal since i hadn't have enough time , i keep my diet plan and just from yesterday +1lbs. I ate only about 200g cherries in the morning and 2 eggs with cheese in the afternoon + 3 decaffeinated coffees (no milk or sugar) during the day. Drink about 2/3l water since here is around 35 degrees. Whats happening? I am confused. Why am i not loosing weight but even gain?! Any ideas?

Last edited by Bg_girl; 07-07-2019 at 02:20 AM.
Bg_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bg_girl View Post
Hey guys,
As i told in my previous posts i started the year 220lbs. I decided that south beach diet is my diet and soon in 3 months i drop down to 200. Still a lot but much better. Since i have problems with my left leg i wanted to start exercising but not too hard once because it is not good for my leg. I still keep my diet plan and from all things that i had to avoid in the first 3months i added in my menu only red meat and fruits but it was prolonged in time. For few months i kept my weight. But now i began to gain. I am not overeating for sure. And eat only meat eggs cheese (but not everyday) salads and fruits. I walk everyday at least 30 minutes, most of the days about 1/1.30h. I started cycling yesterday for 2 or 3h and skipped one meal since i hadn't have enough time , i keep my diet plan and just from yesterday +1lbs. I ate only about 200g cherries in the morning and 2 eggs with cheese in the afternoon + 3 decaffeinated coffees (no milk or sugar) during the day. Drink about 2/3l water since here is around 35 degrees. Whats happening? I am confused. Why am i not loosing weight but even gain?! Any ideas?
Your body is involved in an evil conspiracy against your efforts and wants to get back to 220, it's a survival thing going back be to caveman days when a store of fat helped one to survive times of famine

Some people can eat anything and stay slim, others gain weight just looking at a doughnut !

It ain't fair,but I believe people have a weight, BMI that their particular body wants to be at, it might be a 31 BMI, when you want it to be 23

Resistance is futile !, If you're a Trekkie, you'll get it

Seriously most people that lose weight, especially if done quickly, find it and often some more in a few years, it is far better to accept your body isn't of the CoverGirl variety instead of doing drastic things like anorexia and bulimia.

The majority of people are overweight, almost obese, average BMI is something like 29
At 220 you can't be all that fat, probably around 50-70 lbs above a 25 BMI, don't dwell on it, go to the supermarket check out other women,most will be overweight, you'll easily find a woman fatter than you

Best Wishes
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:21 PM   #3  
mjf

Weight can fluctuate by several pounds each day, due to water weight. For how long have you been trying to lose weight? It can take 1 or 2 weeks before you see measurable progress.

Quote:
I ate only about 200g cherries in the morning and 2 eggs with cheese in the afternoon + 3 decaffeinated coffees (no milk or sugar) during the day.
Is this the only food you ate in the entire day? This isn't balanced at all, and it sounds like you're starving yourself. You should be eating lots of vegetables. You mentioned salad, but how much salad do you usually eat? I would also suggest eating some beans, whole grains, and healthy fats.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #4  

It takes decades to get fat in most cases, it's only logical that losing weight will also be a slow process
FrankB is offline   Reply With Quote