Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/154/120

Default TOM and hungry

It's weird. I remember this from when I lost a good bit of weight a few years ago. Even when my body has adjusted to eating less otherwise, I would have one day each month when I was ridiculously hungry. Eventually, I put two and two together and realized it was right before/ at the start of my TOM. Today is that day for me. I am so tempted to go over on my calories a little....

Anyone else have this problem?
Tesalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #2  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Yep, and I eat more around then. I seriously can't torture myself with hunger around TOM, it just makes me miserable. Your body needs a bit extra and it's good for your energy levels! If you're really worried about it just exercise a bit more, which I find helps quite a lot with my period pains. I think it's pretty natural to eat more/less at different times of the month.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/172.0/150

Height: 5'4"

I understand completely how you feel. But mine is normally right before my TOM. So yesterday was my day....i ate a whole pint of.ice cream!!!! I was kicking myself right after i did i too. And i stay hungry normally during my TOM. So i am really fighting cravings and eating. I have found for my sweet cravings that i can eat a sugar free snack pack and that will curb that craving. It is def. Not easy dieting as a woman!!! Lol stay strong in the end its worth it!! And good.luck on your weight.loss journey!!!
Nessa131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/154/120

Bleh. I did eat extra, including a bowl of ice cream (bf brought it home one day...I try to keep that stuff out of the house...still my choice to eat it though). It was so not worth it. =-(
Tesalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

I eat 100-150 more calories for the first few days of my TOM. It hasn't hurt me, and I've been doing it for months. I'm NEVER that hungry unless it's TOM... which leads me to believe yes, my body is burning more energy than usual thus I can eat a bit more to compensate. I don't go crazy, but I don't let myself just sit there all day going hungry hungry hungry which would lead to a binge most likely, or eating a perfectly okay amount and feeling guilty about it.

There are lots of studies that say we burn slightly more calories during TOM. There are an equal amount that say we burn less. So, believe what you will - I believe that my bodies tells me I burn more.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #6  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

Glad I'm not the only one - it's the second day of my TOM and I am STARVING. I'm using every ounce of will power not to go crazy. I might eat a little more today than usual.
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #7  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Yeah I'm usually extra-munchy around TOM and I agree that getting in extra exercise helps with mood and discomfort AND also allows you to eat a little more. I could probably eat an extra 1000 or more calories during TOM but obviously, I don't. I do up my calories to maintenance or a couple of hundred calories under for days I feel extra munchy. I find that's easier and more satisfying that coming back from a food freefall.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote