Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Default Rant~ Been at 180 for a month now :I

I am SO frustrated. Though I'm losing a very small number of inches my scale has been anywhere from 180-186 for like a month. Over a month.
To be fair (to myself) I can zip up a pair of pants that I couldn't three weeks ago. But regardless, I'm frustrated. :c I don't want to use the 'p' word (plateau) because then it feels real. ._.

Oiiiii, doesn't it just suck to work so hard for something and then feel like you aren't getting anywhere? :C
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Is it better to be at 180 than 216 ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #3  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Ditto to what Bargoo said.

Also, have you tried calorie cycling and doing a new exercise? It doesn't even have to be "harder" than what you're doing, just different.

If you're not a calorie counter then I dunno, the exercise thing could still help. If you don't exercise maybe it's time to start? My goal is to get to 199 and then start an exercise plan and figure out a new calorie intake since I know it'll slow down after that amount of time an weight loss.

You know your body so listen to it's signals. Also, you've done really awesome! Don't forget that.

Last edited by thewalrus0; 09-08-2012 at 04:49 PM.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Is it better to be at 180 than 216 ?
Yes, but I felt better at 200 than I do now, because at 200 I wasn't stuck, I was seeing progress.

:/ I do see the point you're making though, and I appreciate it
I'm just frustrated with myself.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalrus0 View Post
Ditto to what Bargoo said.

Also, have you tried calorie cycling and doing a new exercise? It doesn't even have to be "harder" than what you're doing, just different.

If you're not a calorie counter then I dunno, the exercise thing could still help. If you don't exercise maybe it's time to start? My goal is to get to 199 and then start an exercise plan and figure out a new calorie intake since I know it'll slow down after that amount of time an weight loss.

You know your body so listen to it's signals. Also, you've done really awesome! Don't forget that.
Hm that's a good idea. I'll look into calorie cycling. I don't know much about itbut it has been a thought bouncing around my head for awhile.

And I just started 90 day body revolution...again. ._. Also doing Couch to 5k. Maybe if I add something else in there or change it up that will help. Also maybe because I'm finally changing the couch to 5k thing onto the next level/week, that will help?

I did just start running so maybe my body is freaking out because of it. I dunno D:

Thank you so much <3
Old 09-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #6  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Well another thought might be that, if you're doing many new and different exercises, you're retaining water while your muslces repair and rebuild. And you may just be building muscle. I think if you give it some time you'll see results, maybe not on the scale but in muscle tone, and eventually it will reflect on the scale.

Good luck.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #7  

<3 thank you! Congrats on your progress so far <3
Old 09-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

I've had this happen too. With me I was stuck at 155 for 3 weeks. I changed up the exercise and just kept with the eating and it moved. Just stick with it!!! Perhaps change up some foods too.

Congrats on what you've achieved and keep going!
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Does that mean you were 186 a month ago and moved to 180ish now? Because that's good progress. What are you doing for diet and exercise? Maybe it's time to try something new.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly315 View Post
Does that mean you were 186 a month ago and moved to 180ish now? Because that's good progress. What are you doing for diet and exercise? Maybe it's time to try something new.
Nooo :C that means that sometimes I step on the scale and I'm around 80 and then other days I'm a bit higher. It's not a digital scale so it's not exact. I'm eating 1200-1600 calories per day and doing jillian michael's 90 day body revolution.

Quote:
I've had this happen too. With me I was stuck at 155 for 3 weeks. I changed up the exercise and just kept with the eating and it moved. Just stick with it!!! Perhaps change up some foods too.

Congrats on what you've achieved and keep going!
Thank youu!! <3