Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default I'm thinking my body doesn't want to loose any more weight

I'm on my last 10 pounds. I"ve been at and around the same weight 127-130 again for the past 2-3 weeks. I've been weighing myself every day and I'm not liking the results i'm getting. For instance this morning I weighed in, I was really hoping to get down to 126 as yesterday I was 127.2 and the lowest i've been. I watched what I ate, made sure I didn't go above 12000 calories weighed in just now and weighed 127.4! so dang frustrasting.

Have I hit the lowest my body will let me go, or is this just another road block? I'm really trying to get down to 120, I'm not really happy this number, if I can't get to 120, I'd at least like to get down to 125, though I'm now not sure I've my body will let me. What do you guys think? should I push myself for more or quit here?
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

You'll probably feel the same at 120 as you would at 123, 125, or 127. The other day I saw 128 - my "threshold of thin" number - but I still felt exactly the same as I would at 130 or 131.

Just keep up healthy habits and regular exercise and try not to stress or put pressure on yourself to hit deadlines. Weight fluctuates and it's hard to lose the last few pounds. If you are eating at a caloric deficit, you will continue to lose weight. If you eat at maintenance, at least you're not 170 any more!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

The last ten pounds are the hardest. I almost gave up and settled on a higher goal, but I stubbornly persisted and eventually made it. The less you have to lose the more difficult it is, that's just the way it is. Don't give up, you will see success.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #4  

thanks guys for the encouraging words, I think I will keep going and try to reach my set goal. I'm hoping once finals are over I'll continue to loose again. These past weeks have been really stressful and the next 1 1/2 weeks even more so. So hopefully once that's over i'll start dropping again, even if its just a little
Old 04-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

first, congrats on losing so much!

Second, when was the last time you took a break from dieting? a REAL break....eating at or above maintenance for a week or 10 days or more?

Also, when was the last time you took a dieting routine "inventory"? for lack of a better word.. i mean, youve been at this a while.... and after a while, we ALL fall into habits and patters, and we realize we *know* what 4 ozs of chicken looks like, cuz weve weighed it so may times, but after a while..... it starts getting just a little bigger, and a little bigger, KWIM? My point is, maybe you are unintentionally eating mroe than you realize?

ALSO, ASSUMING everything is 100%, then if if you are working this hard to lose at 127 lbs, iagine how hard it will be to MAINTAIN at 120....see what i mean? PLUS, if you want to be 120 lbs, then youre really going to have to diet down to 117 or so, to allow for the maintenance "re-bound". This is your body filling back up with the weight of FOOD when you start eating at maint, the weight of the added water and glycogen stores, etc, because you are no longer in a deficit. This weight re-gain HAS TO HAPPEN. You cant eat at a deficit youre whole life, so just know to expect it,is my point. Remember when you FIRST started losing, how you prob lost a lot in the first week or 2, thenit slowed down to a pound or 2 a week,or whatever? That inital fast loss was the loss of water (mostly) in your body, and just like THAT came off, it WILL come back, though not as much, becasue you have lost significant weight. So if you want to be 120, then you have to hit lower to allow for a bounce back up to 120

oh, and if you have taken a diet break recently, then i would lower your calories. It sux, but if you want 120 that badly...... but dont lower them AND increase exercise.. thats a recipe for disaster.

if you have not taken a diet break, recently or ever, then i suggest you do that...... it will help "reset" some of your outtawhack hormone levels from dieting down for so long.... ya, you will gain back a few pounds, IN WATER AND FOOD WEIGHT, but its taking 1 step back to take 2 steps forward.

Google refeeds, diet breaks, leptin and metabolic adaptation to find out more if you are skeptical
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #6  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I agree with taking a dietbreak. Also you could start lifting, it ups your metabolism and your body will look different from it.

Another thing - I recently upped my calories to about 1400-1500 instead of 1200 (I lost the first 22lbs on that number) and my weightloss is going faster again. It may sound weird, but you shouldn't eat below your BMR too long I think. I don't think you should lower your calories. Because that means you will probably not be able to go up again once you want to maintain. I am no scientist, but I notice from experience that eating more does not mean you can't lose. I lost 7lbs in the past 4 weeks since I upped my calories.

Switch up your exercise routine too, I do different things every other day. Swimming, running, weights, cycling, cardio stuff in the gym, a stepper at home, walking. It seems to work well.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #7  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

I could have written this post myself!
There is some great advice here and I'm remotivated again not to just settle
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #8  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

12000 calories? Did you mean 1200? That could explain it if you are eating around 12,000 calories a day.

Seriously, it's gonna take a lot of work to get those last 10 pounds off, I've been trying to take off 10 pounds more for the last 3 years and I've almost succeeded twice until I just couldn't take it anymore. The minimal food and extra excercise is more than I can handle most of the time. Some times your body just decides the best place for it. I think as long as I keep trying, if keeps me motivated to not gain back the 190 pounds I have lost...maybe the same will be true for you.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 04-27-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #9  

thank you all for the replies! Jusr as I was about to give up, my scale finally moved! the motivation is there once again