Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #1  
Natural Diet Queen

S/C/G: 58/52/48

Height: 5'3

Default What is your diet plan??

Hi all,

I guess everyone has your own diet plan. You guys can share it out here so that we can exchange our ideas and improve ourselves and our life style.

My very own diet plan has 3 simple rules to follow:

1. Do not go hungry.
I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am a healthy eater so basically the food I eat is low in calories. I try not to eat processed food if possible. In fact, I stop eating after 8pm (keeps big tummy away) and eat like a king for breakfast

2. Drink 2-3L of water everyday.
YES! I love drinking plain water. I used to bring a big bottle with me all the time. Refill it in office/home when I finish drinking.

3. Exercise at least once a week
Obviously exercise once a week is not enough but for me, I am a software engineer, has a very pack schedule, work for day and night. The other way to exercise is I walk from home to office (approximately 15mins distance).

(sorry if my English is bad)
hazyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/160/150

Height: 6ft

Not sure I agree with your first one,being hungry is perfectly natural,in fact we shouldnt be full. Our bodies dont want to spend most of its time digesting food.
Brummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I keep my (maintenance) plan as simple as possible. I eat about 2,000 calories per day, divided roughly evenly between breakfast, lunch, supper, and extras. I exercise about 3 hours per week. I drink when I'm thirsty and have no forbidden foods. (It helps that I don't like junk food.) I don't weigh/measure portions or keep written logs. So far so good.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/204/168

Height: 5'9

my diet plan is sure slim and it has a few basic rules.

always start you meal with a mouthful of protein, i'm not sure the effect of this rule apparently it sends some kind of message to the brain.

have four and half or five hours between each meal. (this is rule i struggled most with in the first week, now my body expects food at certain times and i hardly feel hungry. sure slim claims this amount of time evens out your glucose levels, keeps metabolism even and your body starts to use up already stored fat!)

drink at least 2.5l of water a day, this also helped with hunger pangs in the first week!

i don't much carbs at all, 3 cracker breads or 1 sheet of mountain bread a day.

i certainly don't starve myself fill up on lots of good veggies and a decent sized amount of protein.

these rules work for me and my aunt they might not work for everyone. other people eat six small meals a day and still lose weight! however i found i tended to be grazing all day and cheated a lot more when i done this.

i've lost 9pounds in two weeks, i'm certainly very pleased with the results so far!

all, snookipaige! x
snookipaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #5  
Natural Diet Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummy View Post
Not sure I agree with your first one,being hungry is perfectly natural,in fact we shouldnt be full. Our bodies dont want to spend most of its time digesting food.
Yes I agree we shouldn't be full all the time but not be hungry as well. By eating mostly nutritious foods in amounts to satisfy our hunger we can turn off the ‘Famine Reaction’ and reset our metabolism so that we can continue to lose weight. Eat at the right time and make sure you won't starve yourself
Old 04-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #6  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

I found that frozen diet meals, soup, fruits, veggies, low fat puddings, and special k granola bars work for me.. I like frozen diet meals because I can fix my kids and my husband a regular meal and I don't have to make a whole seperate meal...(also they have a lot of food that I love and if it doesn't have a taste, i can put hot sauce on it and then it's good)... I also walk/job almost every day...some days I don't because my muscles get sore...
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #7  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I follow a nutritarian/vegan/all natural diet.

40-60% vegetables and lots of leafy green veggies. The goal is to eat 1 pound fresh and 1 pound cooked vegetables per day.

20-40% fruits which is roughly 4-6 servings

10-20% beans/legumes. Aim to eat 1 cup a day

1oz nuts/seeds

Anything else not mentioned I don't eat.

I start my day with a smoothie which usually has a salad's worth of greens (spinach and kale); a handful of baby carrots; 1tbsp flax seeds; a banana; two more servings of fruit, usually blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries; and 1/4L of soy milk, almond milk, or sunflower milk.

Lunch varies between a salad, soup, sauteed or steamed veggies -- or sometimes two of those. Followed with a piece of fruit

Dinner is similar to lunch but usually just one portion followed by a piece of fruit.

If I get hungry in between meals (which happens rarely) I eat a piece of fruit.

Also, I can eat as much food as I want which is why I am rarely hungry between meals.

For exercise I try to hike about every other day from 30 minutes upwards to 2 hours. (I used to hike longer, sometimes 5+ hours). I also lift weights on occasion at home.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #8  
Time For Change

S/C/G: see/ticker/:)

Height: 6'0"

I found myself not eating breakfast or lunch very often and would just munch on crappy snacks throughout the day, So yesterday I started a protein and fiber diet.

This is my plan:
-Breakfast & Lunch - 100% Whey Protein powder and fiber powder mixed together into 1 cup of milk.
-Healthy(low calorie) snacks in between meals
-Healthy portioned dinner.

I gave up pop and other sugary beverages along with candy, chocolate, chips, and all that not so good stuff.

It's going to be a long long haul and it's going to take a lot of time and patience but I'm ready for this. It's time for change!

Has anyone else tried this, or something like it?
ElociN2392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #9  
Time For Change

S/C/G: see/ticker/:)

Height: 6'0"

Oh, and I forgot to add that I take a daily Multivitamin as well.
ElociN2392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

- Calorie counting (currently at 1,600) combined with No S (no sweets, seconds, or snacks except on Saturday and Sunday (I budget some of those into my calories on the weekend if I want them). No S is also three meals a day, with regular portioned plates (means you can't put like, 2 hot dogs on your plate).

- No soda. I haven't had regular soda for years, but I'm also trying to avoid diet soda.

- Building up to exercising 4 days a week with the treadmill and Tae Bo dvds.

I still eat a lot of unhealthy food, because I don't buy the groceries, but I'm controlling the calories. I hope to get in more fruits and veggies down the road, and I hope to cut out all white carbs eventually.
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #11  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I also don't let myself go hungry. Not that I eat constantly but I'm not going to deprive myself of food if I am.

For dinner I have a smaller portion and fill my plate up with salad.

I make all of my sauces myself, lots of vegetables and lean meat. More fish instead of red meat.

Stopped eating chocolate bars/dessert. Except if it's a special occassion etc

Less milky sugary tea and coffee and more herbal tea.

I already drank lots of water so that was handy.

For snacks I eat a few dates or a raw carrot and this keeps me going until my next meal where as before I probably would have had another meal haha
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #12  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 160/ticker/146

Height: 5'4

Hi
I've started calorie counting. Using My Fitness Pal. Eating between 1200-1400 calories a day and not going hungry either. If I do feel hungry I have a couple of ryvita crackers with a mature cheddar cheese slice divided on the 2. Works out at about 160 calories. I've also been weighing out my cereal, watching my portion sizes, using less semi skimmed milk in my tea oh and the important drink plenty of water rules. I've lost 2lbs in a week and I'm not looking for a massive loss each week. Slow and steady so I can keep it off for good this time
chocmonster2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #13  
Natural Diet Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmonster2012 View Post
Hi
I've started calorie counting. Using My Fitness Pal. Eating between 1200-1400 calories a day and not going hungry either. If I do feel hungry I have a couple of ryvita crackers with a mature cheddar cheese slice divided on the 2. Works out at about 160 calories. I've also been weighing out my cereal, watching my portion sizes, using less semi skimmed milk in my tea oh and the important drink plenty of water rules. I've lost 2lbs in a week and I'm not looking for a massive loss each week. Slow and steady so I can keep it off for good this time
Oh yeah.. slow and steady is the healthiest way and no stress on it
Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #14  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazyl View Post
Yes I agree we shouldn't be full all the time but not be hungry as well. By eating mostly nutritious foods in amounts to satisfy our hunger we can turn off the ‘Famine Reaction’ and reset our metabolism so that we can continue to lose weight. Eat at the right time and make sure you won't starve yourself
Welcome to 3FC. What is the source of your information?

Hunger and metabolism are controlled by hormones. No matter how rich in nutrients it is extremely normal to feel occasional hunger when dieting. Furthermore, no matter what diet one follows, when your body is on reduced calories it slows down the metabolism. I am unaware of any study that has shown a certain combination or timing of foods to prevent this.

To put it another way, your post sounds good in theory but doesn't prove out in reality. Unless of course you have a source of information that I am unaware of.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #15  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

My plan is simple:

1) Stay within my calories; count everything but don't go nuts
2) Lift heavy things and don't sit around all day
3) Eat things that will make me stronger so I can lift heavier things
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote