Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #31  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Had a pretty lackluster day today.

Breakfast - smoothie
Lunch - salad
Dinner - super spicy curried vegetables!!! they so spice!

I need to learn to cook more things, it's getting kinda boring.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everyone

Just reporting in. I had a positive day today.

Breakfast -
Tonic Alchemy supplement in grapefruit juice
1/2 cup (measured uncooked) whole grain oatmeal with 1/2 banana, 12 unsweetened dried bing cherries, low fat milk.

Lunch:
1/2 banana
1 3-oz (100 calorie) packet Starkist tuna salad
a few bagel crisps
Small plate mixed fruit & chunks (berries, cantaloupe, melon) - this was a treat at work; I passed up the cookies and donuts

Dinner:
1 baked chicken breast
green peas
small scoop cottage cheese
a few grape tomatoes

Snack:
6 dark chocolate coated almonds
later tonight planning to have a "swig" of dark grape juice, 1 Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bar (70 yummy calories)

Oh and when I got home from work I took both of my canes and went out for a short walk. Degenerative arthritis in one hip but doctor okayed it with canes, but I have to be cautious about overdoing but I did what I felt was safe.

Glad to see so many others of you staying on target. ===applause applause===
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

We just got home. We had a busy day and it's past my bedtime!

Talk with you tomorrow. Rest well.

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
NY Steak 400 calories
3 orders steamed broccoli 300 calories

Exercise
Project You Full Body Circuit w/10's & 12's for upper body, unweighted for lower body
500 jump ropes
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Hi everyone! So much to read and off to bed soon. I have been busy with Dr. appointments. I am off of work for awhile it seems. I will have plenty of physio and water time at the pool.
I ate not so great today so will take it as a spike day as someone on here suggested or referred to.
I have used all my weekly points and my week begins on Sunday. That being said I called it off, the eating I mean, when I had reached that point. So I tell myself that is what weekly points are for, to get through hard times and celebrations and the like.
I have been exercising. I walked Sunday and Monday and am off to the pool tomorrow for deep water aquafitness.

Good night.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #35  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I think TTOM has finally left the building!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 147.4
Down: .8

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-24-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #36  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!!!

plucky - that's exactly what it is, a spike day that can keep the system confused

Misti - Way to get out walking but still keeping it safe

Diana - That's awesome! I am due any day and not sure when it will hit. Yuck

Have a Happy Tuesday
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #37  

HI everybody

Am not feeling too good tonight. Have gained weight this week.
77.4 kgs. I had made it down to 72 kgs last year. So it is here we go again!
Anyhow I am committing to weighing in once a week and posting it here.
I can make it back to that 72 kilograms again.

It is a public holiday here in Australia tomorrow. So I am off to gym in the morning and then am going to post a food plan for the day on this site.
Thanks everybody for being here. It doesn't matter how long it takes me I can do it.
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #38  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

Ah another Tuesday. I am all caught up on laundry still Today I take DS to dentist for the first phase of crown. Man, these things are expensive! But we must do what we must do. I haven't had time to exercise but oddly enough, the weight is still coming off. I only have 5lbs to go to hit my 100lbs goal. now that I said that, it's gonna take forever.

Looks like the trickle down affect has worked in our family as far as wanting to lose weight. When DH was in AZ for his dad's recovery, his eldest brother was there as well. The middle brother has been working on losing weight for a little over a year. So now the eldest wants to lose too. It sounds like both brothers talked with him on how they are doing it because he's giving up or cutting down on carbs and beer! This family and their beer, I am still shocked DH hasn't had any for about 6 months. These are beer connoisseurs, not just grocery store beer. That's a hard thing to give up, I'm guessing

Well I'm off to work on more rewrites. I thought I'd be done by now, but seriously it's taking forever. I love that I can still drop weight even though I'm sitting on my butt writing. My fingers sure are getting a work out

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #39  
Trying to live below 200

I'm back! I've got something funny to share. Imagine this:

So I get up this morning and I am feeling great! I didn't get enough sleep, but TTOM has passed. The fog is gone and Diana is feeling fantastic! A song comes on the radio! Oh, man! I got that thing in my head and I'm singing it out loud. (hmm, maybe hollering is more like it) But what ever! I'm feeling great!

Put the juice in the goose or the coke in the crown, whatever makes you feel like a ROCK STAR!

So, I'm running around the house singing this song and making sure that I emphasize that I AM A ROCK STAR!

DH then tells me that I need to sing solo.

Diana: Babe I can handle that, I am singing solo

DH: No babe, you need to sing so low that I can't hear you!

Whatever! I am a ROCK STAR! AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/kenny-ches...ock-star.jhtml

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-24-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 146/138/120

Height: 5'2 1/4

haha diana you're too funny...I need some of that in my life right now!!!

Didn't post yesterday because I was ashamed...binged yesterday and then again today...can't seem to shake this grey weather depression that's gotten me all week...I keep trying to plan my meals and my snacks to cover myself but when something tempting comes along it's like I've never even heard of weight loss/calorie counting/will power!

So today I'm guessing close to 1500 calories by after dinner-my goal's to stay around 1200 :/

But I did walk to and from school today before work which is 45 mins in each direction finished with 5 flights of stairs to get onto campus-so hopefully that'll make up for my binge!!! *crossing fingers*

@CyberCrystal-I loved the ending to your post-so inspirational! We're all behind you in your war and next to you in the battle
aleigh3890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #41  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

So I had a break down this morning... my boyfriend told me that I need to focus on more important things instead of weight loss... He didn't mean it exactly like that, more like I need to not lose focus on other important things, but I took it way out of proportion (like i usually do) and ended up balling my eyes out.

BUT! I didn't break my diet. I persevered... even though I surely wanted to shove a handful of cookies in my face along with a giant pizza... lol

I remembered why I was doing this and why it is so important to me to lose the weight.

So when I finally felt ready to get up, I made myself a breakfast smoothie and got back to doing the important things of my life.

For lunch I made some black bean and avocado lettuce leaf burrito wraps. Pretty good for a random recipe. =)

And dinner I heated up a boca veggie burger along with some mushrooms, bell peppers, and zucchini. (The family had pizza casserole...)

Then about 8pm I decided to go for a half hour night hike. <3 lightning bugs
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

Itsmyturn Great job on the Tae Bo w/weighted gloves! Love the weighted gloves. They give you a great upper body workout!

Laifierr I have a easy recipe for cauliflower soup that I am wanting to try. I saw your post from last night and that reminded me. The curried veggies sound good, too. Sorry about your stress this morning. You have to do what's right for you.

Mrss2010 Please don't get discouraged. It takes time to figure out what is going to work for you. Ha Ha I have been at this for over 4 years now and I am still learning. Hang in there!

Kathydee Sorry about the situation with your ex.

Misti Great job on that walk! Were you sore today from the walk?

Pluckypear Good job on stopping and getting a handle on the eating. It is so hard to get it under control at times. Did you do your aquafitness today?

Cybercrystal Sorry about the gain. Just try to stick with your calorie range/point range/food plan and get to the gym when you can. It will come together for you.

Mamakat Great job in staying on top of that laundry! Ha Ha Sometimes it probably seems like so much laundry that you literally have to get on top of it to see what's going on. It's just me and DH and I washed 3 loads on Saturday. I had already washed during the week too. I don't wash big loads, though. I hope you had a productive day.

Aleigh Don't be ashamed. We all have our rough times. Just keep trying.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-24-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #43  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1370 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Sirloin Steak 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-24-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #44  

Thanks for your words of encouragment Aleigh... Sending you some encouragement right back ... Sounds like you are off to a great start today.
Take it from there Well done you.

Holiday here today for Anzac Day

Have the day off..... Miserable day weatherwise ( an early Winter snap )
Luckily my gym was open for the morning -- was very crowded but managed to get on a bike -- Did 11 kms and then did my weights workout.
If the rain, cold, wind etc drop down I hope to go for a walk later in the day.

This is my food plan for the day
Breakfast - cereal and fruit
snack - diet snack
lunch - cheese and salad roll and salad
snack - fruit and yoghurt
dinner -- dahl, rice ( small serve ) and vegies and salad
snack -- fruit

I have some paperwork to get on top of for work - planning/ marking etc
( am a teacher ) I am doing that while I watch all the old soldiers marching in the rain in the city. USA Veterans just going through now.

I am hoping to get through the work and get out somewhere for a while later on this afternoon or this evening -- otherwise the temptation to eat will be there.

Have a great day everybody... I will check in later on
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #45  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

CyberCrystal - Way to get back at it with the gym plan!!!

Mamakat - I am in awe of you keeping up on the laundry, great job!!!! I think it's amazing how the influence of being around those trying to improve health can get contagious So happy to hear that!!!

Diana - Glad TOM has left the building for ya That story of you getting your rock star on was hilarious!!!

aleigh - Don't feel ashamed - we, of all people, definitely understand slips!!! Although mine usually last a lot longer Great job catching yourself and getting back on plan!!!

Laifierr - Sorry to hear of your emotional morning. I sure hope the rest of your day went well!

I had "one of those days" at work today and it stressed me out completely. I was tense when I got home, but since it was still 99 degrees out, I was going to not walk and just do inside stuff. Plans changed. The original fur boy was begging to go out early and it was making me snap, so... he got what he wanted - I took him, hot weather and all. Instead of the normal mile I take him, we went 2 miles and I ran him a half mile. The poor guy hasn't stopped laying down since we got back, but he got what he wanted and I felt better too, win-win! I still have Ab Bootcamp to get through tonight too - I will sweat the stress of the day out!!! :P Have a super night all!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote