Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #1  

Default started so well...then the weekend happened! :-(

Well i posted a post at the beginning of the week asking which diet. i went for counting my calories, it as going so well i started tuesday with aload of will power! weighed on thursday and lost 3lb!
Then friday nighe came...my friend came round and we drank quite abit of wine ooops. i tried to prepare by just having a bowl of rice for tea saving cals for the wine. didnt work my bf came in with pizza! i only had 3 slices but still the pizza plus tge wine bad!

So saturday came again i started with good intentions we go to the football on a saturday so i took a carton of juice a sandwich low cal crisps and fruit...stood outside the chippy withthe people i go with binned the sarni and had chips! I only had 2 pints of larger instead of 4 but thats becsuse of the night before!! then wen finaly got home late we orded a curry even tho i had a healthy curry sauce in the cupboard!

Im not a big eater but i eat the wrong foods! after doing so well im so dissapointed! i cant change my lifestyle but need to adapt it! so whats the lowest cal alcohol?
i need will power from somewhere!

everytime i diet i chuck it away at the weekend! i have 2 stone to shift before my hol in 6 months.

Iv shared my dissapointment so i can hopfuly learn from it and move on.
hope your all having a better weekend!
kirstyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Doesn't sound like you ate that much to throw you off track to me.

The "wrong" foods don't matter. What matters is calories.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:46 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Doesn't sound like you ate that much to throw you off track to me.

The "wrong" foods don't matter. What matters is calories.
I darnet add the calories up :-s
A sniff of pizza i put on a pound ooops
This is alot of food for me. i can see the dog going for a long walk today!
kirstyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

I know the feeling! I'm in the same boat as you right now. But if you fall off the wagon, you pick yourself up and get right back on it again and put it behind you. Unfortunately real life means we're surrounded by temptations, think of this as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, where you CAN indulge every once in a while. So what I do is, I work a treat into my daily calorie allowance so I don't feel deprived, also if I do go over or fall off the wagon I work that much harder in the gym.

It could be that calorie counting just isn't the right diet for you, there are hundreds of diets out there that you might find easier to stick to e.g. weight watchers, where you have a support group either online or at meetings.

If you're still struggling, I found having a motivational pic helps, and an item of clothing I want to slim into helps. My final tip is to write a list of why you want to lose weight, they can be anything, whether its health/vanity/family related etc and keep it with you so you can refer back to it if you feel yourself weakening.

Good luck!! you can do it, all of us fatchicks are here with help and support whenever you need it.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:28 AM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Been there. Done that. In fact, tonight I ate an extra thousand calories I didn't need, from a date night and some snacking when I got home. All healthy food, but too much.

You know what I'm going to do? Continue on plan tomorrow with normal quantities of healthy food, after fasting most of the day, just as I had planned. A day of overeating isn't the end of the world unless I choose to make it so, and neither you nor I am a bad person for overdoing it. The key is that you get right back on your game and make your very next choice a health promoting one, then keep on your path with your head held high.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm not as familiar with British foods and how they are served (it sounds like you're in Britain, I could be wrong), but two pints of beer can add up to 400 calories. Wine can add calories too. I love curry, but the rich sauces can be loaded with calories. So can pizza.

No big deal to fall off the wagon once; we all do it. Maybe if you can limit alcohol to once per week and eat either pizza, chips or curry (not all three) once per week it will help you.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote