Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default So sick, want to stuff my face with comfort foods

Im coming off a week of the flu. I was so sick I didnt want to eat a thing. Now its turned into some kind of respiratory infection. Im so sick of being sick. And now that I have my appetite back, I just want to eat eat eat. Im sick of soup, and feel like stuffing my face full of comfort foods. I know Im really just just wanting to stress eat, and I've been able to tame it so far, but I still feel so hungry.
I've been trying to fill up an vitamin packed foods. I had some chicken and a spinach salad with a boiled egg, a bit of feta and a tsp of sunflower seeds. I snacked on some berries and green tea. What I really want is a big old bowl of mac and cheese.
Ack! what do you when you're sick?
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/195/135

Height: 5'4

Hey Micki. I hope you feel better soon.

This same thing just happened to me. I wanted to eat all sorts of unhealthy but comforting things, but I knew I wouldn't enjoy them as much while I was still even a little sick (sinus infection). So I promised myself that I would continue eating healthy until I was all better. I just went out for an excellent chinese dinner on Friday and looking forward to it really helped to keep me on track.

I did also eat a lot of grapes. For some reason they were really satisfying and they didn't take me off plan. Also, it was super important for me to stay well-hydrated so continuing to drink all that water helped when my appetite returned after about a week of blah. I even mixed it up with some of this spa water.
ricepapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #3  

I am sick too. Hang in there. We'll make it through.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I am sick too! I felt the same way yesterday it was so hard not to go off plan. Today I had healthy food that I really liked but still I want to eat junk!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #5  

Oh and as far as what I have been doing-I upped my cals to calorie cycle but I planned on doing that anyways. I ate a lot on Saturday, and now I am eating much less on Sunday. It makes me grumpy, but I know in the long run, I will feel so much worse letting loose.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote