Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/204/168

Height: 5'9

Default scale obsessed!

i'm pretty new too this website and losing weight!

for the first week and a bit i have been obsessed; (since weighing in and magically losing 10 pounds from somewhere in the last 3 months,) with checking my weight on my scales!

i literally wake up every day and have to check my weight although its been positive and i've lost 3 pounds in the last 5 days, i'm worried one day i'm going to of put on or stayed the same and i'm going to be gutted. without good reason to be, as i know our weight fluctuates even when were eating healthily and exercising just as much as before!

my aunt suggested writing a journal and once a week checking my weight and filling it in. just wondered if any of you guys had any other tips and tricks to keep me of those scales?

good luck to all on journey of weight loss and maintaining it!

snookipaige. x
snookipaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #2  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hey, I weigh in every day (the link is in my signature) as I prefer to track the progress. As you said it's normal to fluctuate and if you've been doing everything right it will come off again. I know it's not as nice to see it but don't be discouraged. Keeping a diary of it/or joining one of the daily weigh in threads here is a great idea. I go back over my one from last month to get an idea of how it's going. Or if you just want to weigh in weekly that's good too. Whatever works for you, just try not to stress over the numbers too much. Take progress pictures (something I haven't done yet) and compare them if you start to feel disheartened. The numbers aren't everything.

Good luck to you too
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:48 AM   #3  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I weigh in everyday too. I think it's good you recognise that it could cause you a feeling of stress once the scale goes up, which when you weigh daily it WILL do eventually. Just from eating something high sodium, or from exercise.

For me it helps me keep taps on what my body is doing and it makes me feel safe. If I wouldn't weigh in I would probably be worried all week that I am doing something wrong and going up. I change my plan like every week too, so there's no proven method for me which is why I need to keep taps.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/204/168

Height: 5'9

thanks guys so much, i thought i was crazy for weighing in every day but clearly im not alone in feeling better when i do so!

i have taken some pictures of my body but i had to delete them the mere sight of them made me cringe with shame, soon enough i'll get to the point i can bare looking at myself i hope haha!

thanks again.
snookipaige is offline   Reply With Quote