Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #1  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Default Last night I nearly binged...

Buuuut I didn't! I was obsessed, like a wild animal. I was tired and cramping and I wanted to fill myself with large amounts of anything full of sugar and/or fat. I was on here trying to distract myself when I saw somebody had an avatar of a picture of a muffin. I was practically drooling. I felt my skin almost crawl. It's incredibly like an addiction, isn't it?

I drank a load of water, drank some fennel tea (seems to suppress appetite a tiny bit & is good for digestion) and went to bed.

Phew!

edit: It is an addiction.

Last edited by LeilaJey; 04-18-2012 at 05:07 AM.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #2  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Happy dance!!! Well done Now you know you can overcome it
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #3  
keep going

**** yeah we all can.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'2

Congrats! I know it can be really really tough to say no, especially when you're emotional. I'm bad to push myself to exercise just a tiiiiny bit longer just for the few extra cals to have that cookie (lol).

I've also found that making sure I allot a little bit of space for a tasty treat during the day (or after exercise or supper, ect.) helps keep my binge cravings from being quite so ferocious! It's easy to yell 'DOWN BOY!' when I've already had a tasty Lindt truffle to tide me over... plus, I wouldn't want to waste a single morsel of something like that to something as silly as a binge.

Last edited by Faelwynn; 04-18-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Faelwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:28 AM   #5  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

nice job! i get that urge maybe once a month and this time I gave into it because I had the calories to spare and was just curious to see how it would feel.

What just amazes me is how quickly the food that you are not eating for a month and that looks super nice all month is GONE. Like a whole candy bar and a bag of chips, is gone within 20minutes. I looked at the empty packaging afterward and I was like "So, that's it? That's what I was drooling over all this time and it's already gone and I barely registered how I ate it."

I enjoy a nice cooked meal way more. Mostly because I sit down to eat it, while binge food, I eat when watching tv. That's my "magic combination". But that way you are not enjoying it really. But then, if I'd eat it very conciously - I see no way I'd enjoy it either because it's really not that tasty.

Anyway. Long story over nothing. Just, yeh. I get the temptation, you did not give in, I did give in - I got the same as you in the end "nothing" only it came at a higher price for me, hihi. Wasted calories!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #6  
keep going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelwynn View Post
Congrats! I know it can be really really tough to say no, especially when you're emotional. I'm bad to push myself to exercise just a tiiiiny bit longer just for the few extra cals to have that cookie (lol).

I've also found that making sure I allot a little bit of space for a tasty treat during the day (or after exercise or supper, ect.) helps keep my binge cravings from being quite so ferocious! It's easy to yell 'DOWN BOY!' when I've already had a tasty Lindt truffle to tide me over... plus, I wouldn't want to waste a single morsel of something like that to something as silly as a binge.
haha, down boy! That's a good idea, I was telling myself that if I exercised some I could eat something but I was too lazy so I thought screw it and went to bed. I was gonna let myself have an apple but I didn't really want an apple, I wasn't really hungry. Can you have food like that in the house and not abuse it? I haven't tried yet but usually I can't control myself when I know it's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
nice job! i get that urge maybe once a month and this time I gave into it because I had the calories to spare and was just curious to see how it would feel.

What just amazes me is how quickly the food that you are not eating for a month and that looks super nice all month is GONE. Like a whole candy bar and a bag of chips, is gone within 20minutes. I looked at the empty packaging afterward and I was like "So, that's it? That's what I was drooling over all this time and it's already gone and I barely registered how I ate it."

I enjoy a nice cooked meal way more. Mostly because I sit down to eat it, while binge food, I eat when watching tv. That's my "magic combination". But that way you are not enjoying it really. But then, if I'd eat it very conciously - I see no way I'd enjoy it either because it's really not that tasty.

Anyway. Long story over nothing. Just, yeh. I get the temptation, you did not give in, I did give in - I got the same as you in the end "nothing" only it came at a higher price for me, hihi. Wasted calories!
It's so true! If you actually just paid attention to eating whatever rubbish you're craving at the time you probably wouldn't eat half of it as it's just that, rubbish! It's that mindless filling/stuffing yourself that's really part of it. I'd be the same, it'd be during tv. Not sure I'd even really look at what I'm eating just shovelling handfuls into my mouth. I could never have eaten half a bag either, I'd push past that point and then try to stop, look in the bag and realise there's not many left and think "oh there's too few to leave, I better finish it". At the end I'd have the same feeling.. that's it, that's all there is.. what was the point in that?

Hey don't beat yourself up over it, these things happen and you had extra calories left. It sounds like you've taken something from the experience anyway. Besides you've lost loads!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/147.2/125

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Congrats!! I DID binge last night and i'm not proud of it. But today is a new day and i am not gonna dwell on yesterday. You are correct, food is an addiction. And hopefully we all can overcome it, one day at a time!!
slvrangl is offline   Reply With Quote