Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #106  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry BACK

SHERRY-- Glad to hear that the gardening is going well-- I have been on a snail hunt the last few days around my tomatoe plants!! I am praying for your DD-- I know some of those stories-- my daughter waitressed last year at a 50's diner-- although most of her supervisors treated her very well some of the other girls were ....... because of it. She hated being around such negative people all the time. Some of those idiots just pick on the weaker ones to show how powerfull they are!! I hope those allergies ease for you-- some years I am fine others--BOY OH BOY-- I could just scratch my eyes out!! I like the idea of chicken breasts and veggies-- I know it can get boring though-- that is why I joke that my wife can make chicken 100 ways with her different sauces. How is the NONI going?

WILMA-- Yes my wife is back and feeding me!!! I told her I was retaining water - she is mad . Great idea planning ahead-- if you get in a routine of doing it, it really helps with the calories and time. I am with you-- if I am making chili I just get extra stuff and make spaghetti sauce, etc-- so many of the things are the same. Are those boys getting their resumes ready for those summer jobs yet? How is that mile walk going so far-- we are in a 3.1 mile race this week-end-- I am walking with my daughter, 2 SIL and a BIL-- my wife is running with my son and a BIL-- it is a very large race in our area, probably 8,000 or so in different catagories-- the only problem is right now they are saying

MICHELE-- Glad to hear the Alpha doing well last night. I hope your family is being comforted during this loss of your uncle. I understand about the hair-- my ex had gray hair in the front when she was in her 20's-- looked really cool when the poloroid pictures were coming into focus-- have you ever seen that? Anyway a little gray is sexy!! You take it easy on that Wa. boy now okie-dokie!!

doitforme-- SUE-SUE-- What in the heck are you guys doing to the sunshine I send? You poor dear-- you are really going to have to rough it camping this year (WITH THE HEATER ON ) How is that pastor doing? Is your house still clean? But of course!!

Well hi to all that are missing-- I have taken up alot of time from you guys tonight-- thanks again for your prayers for my DD--

THANK GOD FOR EASTER!!! Gary
Old 04-08-2003, 10:27 PM   #107  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all! ,
Gary~wow, your poor daughter. I think it's wonderful she's involved in something so positive and i suppose there are lessons to be learned about life in the sports realm too. Sometimes life just isn't fair. And I too am O- blood so they always want my blood but sometimes lately they can't find a vein! I tell them to go ahead and just try but sometimes they won't. I find that frustrating.

The funeral today was a very special event! There was about 50 people from the Knights of Columbus there and also the whole town of Eden Prairie fire department, police, EMT's. They had about 5 firetrucks there, including the big hook and ladder, it was something to see. The service was really a celebration and very touching. Then at the gravesite they did the Firefighter's prayer and their tribute with the fireman's siren, it was really cool. Then we went back to church for a very nice luncheon. He was very much revered and it was so nice to see my Aunt, who seems to be doing very well. A lot of tears shed but also some very happy ones. There were a lot of cute men at the funeral and the joke was that I should stay for lunch.........to find a guy. I teased that I thought of it, but I felt bad trying to meet a man at my Uncle's funeral!! I was reminded that there are much worse ways to meet a good man!

I'm going to Bucca De Peppo's for dinner tomorrow with my group from work for someone's going away (she's moving to Michigan). I've never been there so i'm looking forward to it....

Thank you all again for your prayers......I truly believe in the power of prayer and it's very special that you would pray for him and his family.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:22 AM   #108  

Angry Wednesday

Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is everyone this morning? I'm tired I think I should have gone to bed earlier. But, hey, it's too late now.
I have a super busy day today, 6 or 7 patients, my dd has a work meeting 40 miles away and then art lessons tonight. Plus, I have a meeting at 11 here. Whew!!! I'm suppose to be off tomorrow, and I kinda hope I am.

Gary~ Continue to pray for your dd. Bless her heart, I bet that is hard for her. And she has been doing so good. You tell her we support her. So far, I'm still on the Noni juice. I do have more energy but I'm just having problems with the allergies. Our wind here has been gustying for days now and doing damage it's so strong, so that serves to stir up pollen, dust, etc... Plus, I have got to find a dentist (possibly an oral surgeon). Both my upper wisdom teeth have broken off and are causing me problems. They seem to be so brittle that it's going to be a major deal to get them out. I have always had bad teeth no matter how much I brush my teeth. And now I haven't been able to find a dentist to see that can see me before summer. Summer??? I would rather have minor surgury on any other part of my body than my mouth.

Michele~ The funeral sounds so nice. I think the way they do the firefighter funeral is really neat. Did you meet any nice guys, firefighters, etc.... at the luncheon??? Our prayers continue for you and the family. You hang in there. Let us know how Bucca de Pepps's turns out to be. What type food is that?

Sue~ Wilma~ So sorry you ladies have that cold stuff up there. Maybe soon it will warm up and start greening up. We actually went down to 30 last night, so I hope all my new little garden babies are ok.

Well, gotta hit the shower. I'm not moving very fast this morning. I would rather hit the bed. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT HUMPDAY!!!!! See ya later.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:41 AM   #109  
Quit counting at 45!

Gary: It's so hard to see your child hurting. My prayers are with her. My DS called the other day to say he's changing his major. The one he picked isn't what he wants to do after all. He feels like he's not good at anything right now. He is a really talented guy and his first love is music so he's going to get his Worship Ministries major. I have to trust God that he is leading my DS in the path he should go.

I've had a good couple of days. I have decided that it's up to ME if I want to lose the weight. Last night I actually did 1 mile of my Leslie Sansone tape and felt so good after. I know that it will get easier as I get back into the groove of exercising but I was tired after the 1 mile. It doesn't take long to get out of shape.

Our snow is gone now and it's supposed to be 21C today. Gorgeous and I have to be inside all day!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:00 PM   #110  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry HUMPDAY

HI LADIES-- Well we are half way there to a nice week-end (?)

We have are yearly GOOD NEIGHBOR potluck at church tonight. I am bringing a nice salad and chicken. My board is in charge of clean-up so I will probably miss the service-- that is O.K.-- We all have jobs to do in sharing the word.

I can't thank you gals enough for taking the time to pray for my daughter-- I don't really care that much if she gets to play in the spot she wants-- just that she feels like the coach thinks she is part of the team. She is the kind of kid that does ALL the drills, exercises when the coach isn't around, etc. while some of the others (more talented of course) skate by. No offense to the girls on my daughter's team, they are all-- for the most part-- sweethearts. She called me from her match yesterday-- I couldn't get to this one since it was 4 hours away and at noon-- anyway she had just won 8-1 in her match but she was crying because the girl that replaced her in the doubles spot won too-- so she is pretty sure the coach will leave her at the 7 spot and only 6 go to the regionals and Nationals. Actually the regionals are at her school, she just won't play. Again, the prayer I ask for is not so much that she plays (I am not so sure the coach is wrong- it is just the way it happened to her) just that she is comforted and feels part of the team. Sorry for draggin' this out!

WILMA-- My daughter changed her major too-- from marine biology to P.E. major-- of course there are no jobs in the Calif. school system for P.E.-- actually she would like to be involved with nutrition and exercise with young children. Of course all we can do is give our advice and trust God!! It sounds like your boys are on the right track. It must be hard to feel like you are not good at anything-- usually the problem is that we are not good at what we want to be good at-- here again trusting God's guidence helps to lead us to where we are good at something!! for HIM!! Your son there!! He just doesn't feel it yet.
Great job getting started on the walks. I read today that actually for the first 12 weeks of exercising after not doing it for awhile, that even a half hour is a tremendous benefit-- after 12 weeks a half hour doesn't do much. KEEP PUSHING BABE
Old 04-09-2003, 05:15 PM   #111  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink HERE I AM

SHERRY Thanks for the prayers-- we will just pray for each others kids okie-dokie! Hey, I have a great dentist!! I am not kidding either-- all you gotta do is come to Southern California Actually I had gum surgery a few years back and I have a great oral surgeon too! I hope it is working out for your daughter at work-- 40 miles away for that abuse could be a little much--- thank goodness she has a great mom-- HEY, that is you I hope you get the day off you need.

MICHELE-- Hey girl, we have soooo much in common. They can't find the veins in my right arm anymore so they need to do my left every time. Also, my father in law was a fireman in L.A., he finished his career on the fireboats in the San Pedro harbor-- at his funeral a few years ago they had numerous fireman and the big rigs-- then we went to a lunch at the harbor and the fireboats did their thing with the water-- spraying all the hoses at once-- quite a site and tribute--- they really take care of their own-- as they should. My mother in law has no money worries!! she is well taken care of from his pension-- my advice girl....GET YOURSELF A FIREMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! TO

Well I better get going on the salad and chicken--Hi to all of you not posting, I hope you are doing well today.

EASTER is coming-- PRAISE OUR LORD FOR WHAT HE DID FOR US!! Gary
Old 04-10-2003, 01:40 AM   #112  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello All

Well I haven't been around much lately but wanted to check in and say hi. My mother -- who is 87 -- had her leg amputated yesterday -- we live far apart so I can't be with her (was just back for a visit a couple months ago). It's been kind of a stressful week. But wanted to let everyone here know I am thinking of you and praying for you!

Sue
Old 04-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #113  

Angry Thursday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!!!

Well, I'm off today so I slept in. My teeth are hurting this morning with my allergies in full force, so I definitely needed the extra sleep for my body to fight it all. Yesterday was totally crazy!!! But I got it all done blew supper by buying fried chicken out with all the fixings. And then ate it about 8pm. That was the first opportunity I had to eat since 12. Oh well, it's another day and on to better things.

Kelli went to art lessons last night and I am totally impressed!!! She took lessons from a hobbist several years ago but the teacher didn't teach her much but this teacher majored in it and wow, she teaches to draw what's inside you, how you feel. Kelli drew just a plain old gallon can (vegetable type) with charcoal and it was so wonderful!!! She so has a talent and I pray she will continue to explore it. If I can find the time and money I may start taking myself. I took art for 3 years in high school and loved every bit of it was actually quite good at it. I may start doing if for no other reason.......... to relax. AHhhhhhhhhhh

dance4joy ~Sue~ So sorry to hear about your mother having to have her leg amputated! It is such a hard thing to go through. I wish I was there to maybe help them when she comes. (I do home health nursing) It is probably be a bumpy road for them for a while. Is she a diabetic or did something else cause poor circulation or infection? Our prayers are with her and your family for sure!!

Gary~ Please make me an appointment for both your dentist and your oral surgeon. And could you schedule it so I have about a week to recuperate by the beach there? Thanks so much my friend. I could also use the vacation. Hang in there with your dd. Bless her heart I have been in her shoes before, not in tennis but other things where only "6 go" and the "7th stays". It's never an easy thing. You reflect on everything you have done and ask yourself if you could have done it better or differently. Just reassure her that she did her best and that's all she can do.

Wilma~ Go Girl Go!!!!! Do some reps for me too will ya? Thx!

Where are all the MIA folks??? Hello!!! Hello!!! Where did ya'll run off to????? We miss you!!! Well, I better go, hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 05:36 PM   #114  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all!

Gary~don't I wish I could find a fireman! I've always admired them, I think it's hard and dangerous work. I had thought of becoming a volunteer EMT when I lived in Oregon, but after a couple meetings, i wasn't ready, and I thought I was too emotional. I'd probably start bawling all the time. That probably wouldn't be good. But yes, I agree, I'd like to find one...especially since my WA guy isn't paying much attention lately and taking me for granted and I'm getting a little upset about it.

Today is such a beautiful and warm day here! I think it hit 70 degrees. I'm going to spend atleast 15 minutes in the yard tonight, still too early to really plant anything.

Sue~I'm very sorry your mother had to have her leg amputated, i'll keep her in prayer.

Sherry~gosh, sounds like you've been busy, girl! I haven't even had a chance to find you online to chat . We'll have to chat asap!
Old 04-10-2003, 11:55 PM   #115  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Smile THURSDAY

HI LOOOSERS--

Real quick tonight as it is getting time for CSI-- just got home from my step-D's softball game then went to "watch" my son coach the high school track team jumpers-- everyone won-- although I have not yet heard from my daughter, I didn't go to her match today because she said she wasn't playing-- going tomorrow.

danceforjoy-- Sorry to hear about your mom-- how sad-- in my prayers.

MICHELE-- I don't think I could be an EMT either-- that is what, plus a fireman, that my daughter's boyfriend wants to do-- I think he will make it. That WA. guy doesn't know what he is missing out on!!

SHERRY-- Thanks for the words on my daughter. Of course I will reserve beach time with those dentist appts. Glad you are getting the sleep you needed-- you sure were busy the last few days.

Well, I have to get stuff ready for the a.m., I am leaving at 5am then going straight to my DD's tennis-- unless I get lucky at work.

The potluck last night went well, there were several people in church for the first time ever.

Better start training for my 5K on Sunday ( still expecting rain ) I said that there was 8,000 all together in this-- WRONG-- over 10,000 entries now..... got a great chance not to come in last

IN HIS ARMS AND CARE-- Gary
Old 04-11-2003, 08:52 AM   #116  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I had a nice little message to send to you yesterday and it disappeared. By then I had to leave for work. Last night I had no time. Thursday evening is Survivor and CSI Night for me.

I've been doing pretty well with my WOE. Now that it's nice out I'll be able to get out and walk more. I'm on my feet all day at work so it's really hard to get motivated to do more walking. At least my weight exercises don't include my feet every day!!

Gary: It's so hard to see your child disappointed. You're doing the right thing by being there for her.

Michele: I pray that you will find the right mate. God has someone very special out there for you. I never thought I would meet anyone and I have the most wonderful husband. On Monday we celebrate 24 years of marriage!!

mrshummer: How are you doing with those allergies? It's so hard to function when you have runny nose, eyes etc. Feel better.

Sue: I hope your mom is on the road to recovery. It's so hard to see parents get older and start ailing. She's in my prayers.

Well, gotta go to work. It's Friday and that means it'll be nuts there!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-11-2003, 04:07 PM   #117  

Just a quick hello. I just want to say I am still around just going through a lot right now. My prayers are with all. Will post more later.

Sami
Old 04-11-2003, 05:44 PM   #118  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sami~I'm sorry you are going through stuff right now. I'm here for you and will keep you in prayer. How about I send an to you!

Seems that there was a mixup at the gym today. I was originally scheduled to work and last Friday someone had crossed me off the schedule and gave the hours to Katie, well I had 3 messages when I got home and Katie came in to workout and the place was closed! She's asking where I am? A little bit snotty too. She says I hope you are coming in because I'm not staying. Then the owner called twice too. I called her back and told her that I wasn't suppose to work, that I had been crossed out??? She apologized for the mixup, she didn't know who did that, and because I didn't call back right away they gave my hours tomorrow to someone else. Whatever......I worked all day today and I don't care right now.

I should be outside, it's so beautiful out. I know it's officially spring because the farmer is preparing the fields around my house! It's so exciting!

Old 04-12-2003, 08:46 PM   #119  

Angry Saturday

Hello CEers!!!

Since no one is around, I have to assume everyone is busy working, gardening, kicking back, etc.. whatever it is you are doing I hope ALL is well with ya'll.

I am kinda under the weather with sinusitis and bronchitis. My allergies flared Thursday and then everything went bad from there. I'll be ok, just have to hang in there.

Michele~ Thanks for your friendship and your sweet words. I'm glad we have come to know each other. And I pray God brings to you a wonderful man that is all your dreams come true. Someone he created just for you. You just hang tight. We are all in your court.

Well, I'm going now, my dh needs me to come plant something. Talk atcha later. Have a good weekend.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:50 PM   #120  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry SATURDAY NIGHT

HI LADIES-----

I have to be quick tonight-- spent the day with my wife's family who are here for the race tomorrow--we went to breakfast, then did some race expo stuff ( pretty big race, read in the paper this a.m. that there are 14,000 runners/walkers now), then we went to a time share we have and did the swimming thing , came home for dinner-- pre-race carbs with a pasta dish my wife makes-- fettuccine with tomatoe, basil, olive oil and turkey bacon-- real light and yummy. We will be ready for tomorrow!!!

Glad to see you posting SAMI you are always in our prayers!! ROCK SOLID POSTERS SHERRY AND MICHELE--- are keeping this going!! ZOE seems to almost have left us and doitformeSUE is busy camping

Have a great SUNDAY--- Love ya, Gary

P.S. Go to church tomorrow ( I will miss it )
Closed Thread