Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 06:22 PM   #91  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all,

Sherry~i've missed you and happy to hear you are doing fine and just really busy. Sounds like you have spring fever with all the cleaning!

May I ask for prayer please for my Uncle Bert. He has cancer and was receiving radiation, then he had a fall and this weekend he had to have brain surgery because he had a bleed. I just got an email that he did ok in the surgery but unfortunately he has started to bleed again and there is nothing more they can do. He is resting comfortably and they are transferring him to hospice but it's probably a matter of days or weeks. I feel bad for my Aunt and their son, but Uncle Bert's had a rough couple of years too. Any prayers are appreciated.

I have bible study tonight, which I'm looking forward to.

And the test went fine, I think I did well, but hopefully I'll know tomorrow if she was able to grade them all.

I heard this on Oprah today. She was talking about making choices and when you say your are going to change habits and then don't it's like lying to yourself. If you told someone else you would do something and then didn't, what would they think of you. So I'm going to chew on that awhile and try to stop lying to me.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #92  

Angry Thursday

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Well, where is everyone? I'm off today so I'm taking life slow this morning. I guess my majorly busy day yesterday really wore me out. I can't seem to get going this morning.

Michele~ I will pray for your Uncle Bert and your family. Cancer can be bad for everyone close. Ouch! That about what Oprah said about lying to yourself. That hurts. I guess we have all done it to ourselves at one time or another, but we should love and respect ourselves more than anyone else and NEVER lie to ourselves. Man, that IS SOMETHING to think about.

Well, I guess I better go do something constructive. I hope everyone has a good day!!!! [/b]
Old 04-03-2003, 05:32 PM   #93  

Angry Hi kids!

Its freezing rain now, please send the sunshine!!! Hi to all! Mitchy sorry to hear about your uncle, I will keep him and his family in prayer. Hope all went well with your test. Mrs. Hummer- all that energy- I have never heard of that juice but might have to find some. I too love camping. Zoe what a beautiful house Wilma relax and enjoy this week. E.z. pork roast is one of my favorites. sounds yummy. sorry this is short but gotta go catch up on my devotions. Remember clocks ahead on Sat. night so you gotta get up an hour early to make church. Hi to everyone I missed.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:52 AM   #94  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Snowy Morning!

I just wanted to let you know that we now have approx. 4 inches of snow in our yard again. It would be beautiful if it was December.

I trust everyone is doing well with their WOE. I'm still doing the salad for lunch. today I added fresh strawberries (from California) and yogurt to my lunch. Something to look forward to. Tonight I think it'll be spaghetti.

Tomorrow evening we're going to a barbeque. We take our own meat and salad so that'll be easy. I have some boneless pork chops that we'll do.

Have a great day!
Old 04-06-2003, 02:10 PM   #95  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down SUNDAY MORNING

GOOD DAY LADIES--

I see everyone is too busy to post-- that can be a good thing!! The weather must be getting nicer (?) where you are. It is absolutely gorgeous here Went to church this morning for 8am service-- even though we lost an hour of sleep with the time change-- no problem though, I stayed up an hour later last night--STUPID

The wife is out of town for the week-end with her daughter at a soccer tournament-- I couldn't go because my daughter had 2 tennis matches, son had a track meet and it is my SIL's 50 B-Day party today, someone from my family needed to be there-- son working, wife and step-d gone and my daughter is not sure if she can get up here from college with all the homework she has since she has been away from school with tennis for 3 days--

Church was really cool-- we got a projector and screens-- very nice-- $38 thousand though-- we have about 600 members that attend on a regular basis and about 600 more that come for the holidays-- we have room for growth-- but at what cost? there are 2 churches in our immediate area with over 4,000 members-- talk is we at our church need to move into the new millenium? I am a board of directors member, a 23 yr. member of the church so I have mixed emotions on change and growth-- I want to grow-- however keep the reason we are there the FOCUS!!

With the wife gone my son and I have gone bonkers on our food-- hamburgers and tacos fast food Friday night-- chinese food last night , tonight is still up in the air-- probably another fast food feast

Took in 4 new members at church today-- we always have a brunch with desert for them-- I had coffee!! Tried to take sign-ups for a Cinco de Mayo Manana party on the 4th of May at church-- a taco and tostada bar with pinatas for the kids and music-- only 1 signed up so far-- I sat out for an hour for 1-- people just wait until the last minute anymore to commit-- makes it hard for us to plan and buy food-- there will probably be over 100 when all is said and done!!

Well I cleaned up the house and did laundry yesterday during the basketball games and watered the roses-- today I rest!! Alot of miles in the last 3 days with work and sports!! Then off to the party this afternoon-- won't be too long 'cause my brother always wraps everything up by 7 -- he goes to bed early!!

HOPE YOU ALL ARE WELL AND HAVE ATTENDED SERVICE TODAY--

P.S. SHERRY_ how is that Noni juice working out? I am still very skeptical, however, I have started seeing cars with advertisements for it. Keep us informed....

IN HIS LOVE- Gary
Old 04-06-2003, 02:13 PM   #96  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CEers and Happy Sunday!

My Uncle Bert passed away Friday. It was quicker than anyone thought, but he was comfortable, not in too much pain. He woke up from a nap after lunch, took some labored breaths and passed away. My Aunt and cousin were with him. Thank you for the prayers. His services are tomorrow night and tuesday, i will miss school to attend. He was very well known in the city because of his volunteer fire department work and his involvement in church and the school so they are expecting many people. I'm concerned about my Aunt, she's been married to him for 50+ years but my mother thinks she will be fine.

I shared a table at a craft fair yesterday with a friend's mom and I sold one scarf. It seemed that nobody was buying much, not just at our table and I think it's partly due to the war. People aren't buying non-essentials. But I had fun and I'm glad I went.

Need to concentrate on good food this week and more water.....that's my goal and to exercise atleast 3x this week.

Wilma~I can't remember where you live but we got snow Friday too, not as much as you. It's still cold but the snow is gone already. I'm soooo ready for some warm weather! And thanks for the idea to have spaghetti tonight for dinner. I have some whole-wheat pasta I want to try and I'm NOT making garlic bread!
Old 04-06-2003, 02:38 PM   #97  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary~you must have posted at the same time as me. Yes, I went to Church today! And then we had a meeting with the people from Alpha to discuss offering bible-study and a potluck/faith & worship time during the summer months before the next session of Alpha. This probably will sound odd to most of you but this is a total new concept to have bible study in my church and we see a need for it but we have many different opinions of how it should be done, so i've been praying about this meeting and that i'd have the words to articulate my vision. It was a little tense and I feel I got my point across but I also feel that one person in particular wants to shut my idea down because she has her own vision of the "correct" way it should be. The good news is i wasn't alone and I think she was a little more open to our ideas. So it's in God's hands and it'll be how it's suppose to be.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:05 PM   #98  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry HELLO AGAIN

I just was going to send my prayers to MICHELE for her uncle and then saw her post. I am so sorry. Michele, in my church there are about 10 to 15 different bible studies going on during the week-- and to be honest other than the one our Pastor leads on Sunday and the 3 Bethel bible studies we have on going, there is usually only a couple of people in them. Some are in the mornings for the elderly, some at night for working people etc. I guess the point I am trying to make is that there is ROOM for all bible stidies-- we all have different ideas and things that will work-- God blessed us all with different feelings and ideas-- it is quite possible through Him to have 2 studies that continue and grow seperate much faster than 1 that some people don't really want to be in-- go to Him in prayer and don't be afraid to take charge and lead as you see fit through His guidance...
I know it can be difficult--- we have had people leave church over ( what I feel is silly ) many different things--- just keep focused on why you are there and all will turn out well for you I am sure.. not every bible study or church for that matter is for everybody.

IN HIS--- FOCUS-- Gary
Old 04-06-2003, 10:50 PM   #99  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry PRAYERS NEEDED

HI Ladies--

Real quick here--- I am asking for prayers for my daughter and her tennis-- she is having a rough time at the moment-- I will take time to explain later-- nothing life threatning or any thing like that-- just a real tough situation for her... any prayers for our Lord's will to be done will be welcomed

IN OUR LORD'S LOVE, Gary
Old 04-07-2003, 08:30 AM   #100  

Angry Monday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!!

How is everyone this morning? Seems most are pretty busy. I too have been really busy these days. With everything greening up around here in the south we are busy gardening, etc. I'm so proud of our new flower beds and how beautiful our trees are leafing out, especially the ones we planted last year.

Please say a little prayer for my oldest dd. While waitressing Saturday night she walked into the kitchen and the owner (who was cooking) told her that she had an order to pick up, so she picked it up and deliveryed the whole order (4 plates of steak). When she came back she discovered that she and another waitress had both turned in the exact same order for steaks and that she had gotten the "other" order. Long story, but since the owner told her to pick it up she never looked at the ticket and so the boss became mad at her and started yelling and Kelli didn't really know how to handle such treatment. She said she apologized but the boss just kept saying that it was a $45 mistake. BUT, the customers were happy and NO ONE complained at all, and everyone commented how good everything was. So, there was really no harm done in the long run. But, Kelli is still upset about it all and cried her heart out Saturday night due to being reminded EVERYTIME she walked in the kitchen to pickup or deliver an order that she did it wrong. GRRRRRR!!!! The momma bear comes out in me to want to protect my young, but I'm trying to let her handle it. But she is only 15!! Ya know?

Gary~ I'm still drinking the Noni juice and do seem to have more energy. The problem I'm having is my allergies are in full effect with everything budding out so it's hard to tell, how well it's working right now. Today, we ALL are going back OP!!! Even Kelli. My dh asked me Saturday, how much I had lost and I just simply told him, I had gained this week. When he asked why, I told him that I couldn't lose with him fixing chicken fried steak, gravy, etc... And he just stared at me and said, I'm sorry. What can I do? So, it's back to chicken breasts, fish, and veggies for us!!! Wow, sounds like you have been really busy too.

Michele~ Oh, I'm so sorry about your uncle. At least, he didn't have to suffer long. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} I will continue to pray for your family. As far as the Bible study, I don't believe there is a good or a bad way to do it. I like Gary's idea of having more than one. That way, folks can choose. I've done craft shows like that too. I used to do country wood crafts until my allergy to woods made me stop. I am now considering very strongly getting into the candle making business on the side. I have a friend that was doing it but got busy with other things and I may buy her stuff. Her candles were the greatest!!! The lastest for hours and hours and kept their scent through the whole candle. And she could give me a start of info. So, we will see.

Wilma~ Snow??? Oh, no!!! I think I would faint now if we had snow. But it's been in the mid 80's and down for a while now.

WHERE IS EVERYONE???? THERE ARE MANY MIA!!!!! WE MISS YOU!! PLEASE CHECK IN SOON!!!!

Well, I better get a move on. Have a GREAT day!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 08:40 AM   #101  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

How is everyone this fine morning? It's a clear, sunny day here with hopes of it getting above freezing. About half the snow is gone from our yard now so it shouldn't take too long. I had a wonderful weekend with DH. We went shopping together - bought a new jacket for him and ordered a new comforter for our bed. Of course, we ate out a lot and this has to stop. I am not going to lose anything this way. So, yesterday I cooked up some ground beef and made chili and spagetti sauce so we have no excuses this week. I also stocked up on salad stuff and broccoli.

I am also feeling a lot more together at work so I think I can start feeling like exercising. I'm going to start with 1 mile again and work my way up.

mrshummer: I'm still waiting for the "green" but it'll come soon. I feel so bad for your DD. It's hard when they're so young. It seems to affect them later on. My DS had a bad experience working at a grocery store - no training but lots of complaining. He still won't apply at a grocery store for summer work.

Gary: I'll also keep your daughter in my prayers. We don't need to know the circumstances to be able to pray effectively. Is your DW back and are you eating properly again???

mitchypoo: So sorry about your uncle. My condolences & prayers to you and your family.

Well, I should get going and get ready for work. Today will be a sugarless day for me!!

Have a great one!
Old 04-07-2003, 01:22 PM   #102  

Angry Hi all!

I am right there with you Wilma- We got snow band freezing rain all weekend. We are suppose to get 3 more inches of snow tonight, then more tom. I am beginning to think we bypassed Spring, Summer, and Fall, and are entering winter again.
Mitchy- My condolences to you and your family. I agree with the others. More than 1 bible study would be good, as it would give opportunities for more to attend. Gary- prayers for your DD that she does well, ect. Mrs. Hummer- that will be nice that hubby will plan better meals, it is hard to not eat something once it is cooked and you see it and smell it. So maybe that will be better. I made it to church as well, yeszterday at work flew by, because of the hour change, as silly as that sounds. Hi to everyone that is MIA. I am off today so going to do today's devotions, I for once am not behind. Hi to everyone else. Still awaiting the sunshine we got a couple wonderful days in the 60's then gone again. Take care. Luv. ya's Sue
Old 04-08-2003, 08:21 AM   #103  

Red face Tuesday

Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is everyone this morning? I'm being really lazy and not wanting to get going. I normally am off today but have a meeting an hour away and have to get moving to get there on time. Just wanted to check in though.

Michele~ Our prayers are with you and your family this morning as you face your day. So sorry. God will give you the strength you need. Take care of yourself.

Sue~ I'm sorry for you and Wilma having all that bad weather. I'll try to send you some warm sunshine so you can get rid of that mess. Maybe that will help.

Gary~ Our prayers for your DD. Hope everything is better now. Is your DW home yet and are you back to the "real" eating or are you still fast fooding it??? What would she do if she came back home and you were a bigger size from all that eating??? Would she become a sargeant????

Well, hope EVERYONE has a good day!!! Check in when you can. It's a little lonely here.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:01 AM   #104  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Good morning CEers!

Gary~prayers are definitely going out for your DD. Whatever the situation, God knows and will be there for her.

Sherry~prayers also for your DD and her job situation. Geez, bosses can be such jerks sometimes....

Thank you, all of you for your prayers regarding my family and my Uncle. Services are today. They had a rosary last night but I was unable to attend because of Alpha.

We had healing night at Alpha and I was asked to lead our prayer team. I was having trouble focusing but said I would do my best. I prayed to take away all my worries so I could do God's work and He once again showed his grace. It was a very special evening and I felt really happy about it. There is one situation with a guy in my small group that we prayed with last night and I woke up thinking of him. Will continue to pray for him I guess because it's on my heart.

Have to go color my hair (yes, I have to cover my gray!) I've been getting grays since my late teens, it's hereditary for the girls in my family.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:01 PM   #105  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down TUESDAY

GOOD DAY LADIES---

I hope all is well with you today. I took off work a little early to give blood ( I had to miss an appointment I had for it last week due to tennis with DD ) They call me the second I am eligible because I am o neg. Got a really cool T-shirt this time.

Thank-you all so much for the prayers for my daughter and her tennis-- the deal is that her coach has moved her down 1 spot to try another girl in the doubles ( one he gave a large schlorship to that hasn't worked out too well so far ) The problem my daughter is having is that she has won 8 of her last 9 doubles matches so she feels she doesn't deserve to be demoted ( I agree! ) So far the new system has resulted in 3 losses in 4 tries, although they were not easy matches. My daughter is not upset with the girl-- in fact they are friends, she just feels hurt. The other girls on the team asked the coach to put my daughter back to her spot because they feel also she is the better player. He told them that for now it stands-- I am not saying that the new doubles combonation is better or worse-- personally I think the wins and losses will be the same with or without my daughter in it. The biggest hurt for my DD is now she doesn't feel like part of the team-- and if it stays this way she will not travel with the team to Georgia for their nationals tournament ( which they have a great chance to win ) she will be left behind-- she feels that even if she doesn't play she should be able to go root her team on, especially since she was a contributing factor for 3/4 of the season and helped them get their current #3 ranking-- down from #2 since he made the switch. Long and confusing I suppose, but thank you soooo very much for your prayers-- please continue! the season isn't over yet!! My daughter is definetly a team player and very unselfish-- that is why this hurts so much to her, her daddy (me) and the rest of her team and assistant coaches. Thanks for listening
Closed Thread