Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 07:59 AM   #151  

Angry Wednesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!

Sorry I have kinda been MIA but I have been really busy!!! Saturday we got SIX baby goats that were about a week to 10 days old. We have to bottle feed them 3 times a day. So, all my free time has been "eat up" by the goats. No pun intended. They are so great!!! They all have totally different personalities.

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend. We sure did. Glad to see Sami~ and Zoe~ back posting. We sure miss you when you are MIA. Saturday we also discovered that we had baby cottontails in our back yard. They are adorable!!!! We REALLY had Easter bunnies!!!!

My eating has been pretty good. I have been really trying to drink lots of water and have been adding a slice of lemon to each glass and it has been acting like a diuretic for me. So, I will continue to gluzzle.

Zoe~ Glad that everything checked out ok for you!!!! You just had to have faith.

Gary~ Glad you are back from Vegas and had a good weekend. Hope you were able to get some things done on your day OFF. We won't even talk about those cheese enchiladas!!! I miss our home church too. They are the friendliest folks around. When we first visited years and years ago we were greeted by about 1/2 of the congregation (out of about 120). The pastor just let us sing a little longer until everyone greeted us. We felt so at home from day one. The reason we aren't there isn't my doings but my dh. He got his feelings hurt and doesn't feel comfortable there now. The kids and I have always felt comfortable but it's not right to not go where your dh goes. We still aren't totally happy where we have visited. Either the people are great and they have no youth or younger folks or the people are totally unfriendly and they have a youth dept. We have yet to find a place where everyone is happy. We live in a community that is mostly a retirement town. So..... it's hard.

Michele~ Looks like you are staying pretty busy too. Just don't over do it and check regular, ok???

Sue~ Wow, Your poem is lovely. Thanks for sharing it with us. I love poetry and as a teenager, I used to write some, using my thoughts and feelings. You know teenagers always have lots of feelings.

Wilma~ Glad you had a good trip. Did you read a good book? I'm proud you are planning your eating. I normally plan my eating but then when I have stress eat that and then nibble here and there and want everything in the kitchen.

Hope everyone has a GREAT humpday!!! May God BLESS YOU ALL!!!!! I will check in again soon. In between the feedings. LOL
Old 04-23-2003, 08:18 AM   #152  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning to everyone!

Haven't been here for a while... my Mother is critically ill and just had the other leg amputated so I am preparing for an emergency trip cross country. I do appreciate the prayers of anyone who has them to offer! PTL my Mom does know the Lord. She is 87 and pretty "tough" and has fooled us several times before by pulling out of critical illnesses.

Sue
Old 04-23-2003, 11:27 AM   #153  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down WEDNESDAY

HI EVERYONE

Glad to see some of you back posting today!! All is well here, off work again today so I will take advantage of it and work in the yard. I am re-routing some sprinkler heads, as the plants have grown they have located themselves in front of some of the heads, not too dificult to re-do. Went to watch my 22 yr. old play in his rec-league basketball game last night so I wasn't able to see my Lakers lose to the T-Wolves thank goodness!!

SAMI-- I will say prayers for your DD-- really sounds confusing-- I know from being in construction that there are alot of people that take advantage of others!! It is so sad-- but I have also seen that, in time, it comes back to haunt them. I hope the new medication gets figured out for you soon. Good to see you back.

ZOE-- Thank God for the news! My mom had the same thing a few years back-- it sure was streefull for awhile. Good to see you back too-- 4 pounds ain't nothing for a gamer like you!!

SHERRY-- New babies huh? Boy you just can't get enough can you girl I live in a residential neighborhood but have alot of fields around us, the bunnies are hoppin' here too.

danceforjoy I am sorry Sue about your mom-- both of you are in my prayers. I hope all turns out as well as it possibly can, it surely can't be easy.

MICHELE and doitformeSUE-- You two must be out and about having fun take it easy on those potential boyfriends

Well off for my daily trip to Home Depot for supplies-- I think I will just sign my house over to them

IN HIS PEACE- Gary
Old 04-23-2003, 07:26 PM   #154  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES

HI GALS--

Well, I had a fairly decent day-- I only had to go to Home Depot twice . I moved the sprinkler heads and did some demo on a sliding glass door we had put in last year. It leaks when it rains hard, they just want to replace the door-- that is not the problem. I told them that they damaged the plaster on the installation and I believe the water is coming in through the bottom-- anyhow I told them I would repair the plaster even though it was their fault and then we will see what happens after it rains again or I flood the window with the hose. I have another window I will want as soon as I finish my room and put a hole in the wall-- they siad I would get a great deal on it-- we shall see

Got off the cross trainer a half hour ago. I have been trying to go 3 1/5 miles-- 400 calories-- and at least 30-35 minutes each day. So far so good-- it has been 2 days already We have a tv in the gym but no cable-- we get one channel, I watched Dr. Phil yesterday-- anyone else see that? Oh yea, did any one see Dateline NBC last night? It had 6 or 7 people all the same age from the same high school doing different diets for their 25th reunion later this year-- quite interesting-- I hope I see enough of the future shows to see how they do.

Well I have chicken breasts on the BBQ for chicken BBQ sandwiches with a nice salad, watermelon and a few leftover cheese enchiladas. Gotta get it done so I can get the wife fed before her tennis lesson tonight-- she is at the chiropractor now doing her exercises-- she got up at 5 this am and did 1 hour of weights-- I sure am proud of her dedication!! Just as I am proud of you gals for yours!! Keep up the good work through the summer-- and bust it hard through the spring-- our best months to get out and exercise with walking!!

Talk to you later-- pray for a friend today!! IN HIS CARE- Gary
Old 04-23-2003, 07:39 PM   #155  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi All! My last quiet evening before my house is over run with testosterone!! I'm enjoying it! I ate leftovers for supper and already balanced my cheque book. I plan to do a bit of tidying up also. We have company coming on the weekend and I want to have some things done ahead of time.

Gary: My DH and you would get along great. He thinks of Home Depot as his other "Home". He loves it there. I actually like going with him and checking out things there too.

Sue: My prayers are still with you and your mom. How sad.

mrshummer: Wow! You are one busy lady. Now the "kids" will be keeping you even busier. Enjoy them!!

Zoe: Praise God for his answer to your prayer. I am so glad that it's nothing serious.

Sami: It's so hard to see your kids suffering. I sure hope everything works out for your DD.

Well, I better get going. I'm getting the sniffles and hope I won't be sick again this weekend.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:00 PM   #156  

Angry Happy Wednesday

Hello all,

[COLOR=teal]Thank you Sue for your directions to get me back to this group which I found and then lost and I am relieved to be joining in here

Wow, I will be praying. I will be sharing the prayer needs of all of your posts here with my church prayer group, too. We have an awesome prayer group that really gets results.

And please pray for me and my DH. (Read my journal for more on DH) And please lift up our marriage, though I cannot be more specific, but we're not the perfect couple, and your prayers are much appreciated. Our 13th anniversary is coming up in December and yet it is with God's grace and mercy that we continue in our marriage.

I am doing okay so far, and this is the first week of seven in a personal challenge for me. I am walkin' and my new treadmill makes the miles fly past.

Sue, I am sorry to hear about your Mom, that she is fighting such a difficult battle, and as I said, I will be praying.

I will also be praying for DD, and I know that God sees the entire situation and even the things that are hidden and the unjust things must be made right in His time.

I, too had a cyst some years ago, and it was a hard thing, and painful, and I will be praying that it does not return. The doctor also told me the same thing that it was a pretty common thing. But I have been cyst-free for many years, Hallelujah!

Tonight is church YAY and I love to worship the Lord!
Love that I have you all to include in my prayers and I can't wait to meet you someday in the great reunion!!!

In Christ,
lilmoose
Old 04-23-2003, 08:25 PM   #157  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi lilmoose

So glad you found your way back in here!

Sue
Old 04-24-2003, 08:25 AM   #158  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

lilmoose~ I'm happy you found your way back too. I don't remember seeing you before, but i am fairly new to the group. I will keep you and your DH in prayer, I'll look at your journal later.

Gary~ You do sound like you have a dedicated and determined wife. She is an inspiration too. What a great couple you sound like. And I'm coming for dinner........yum!

I wanted to just check my email quick and I've been on here for about 45 minutes now....... but I had an email from the WA guy wondering (finally) what's happened to me. He's been sick and out of work for 3 days and that's why he didn't call, and he thought maybe I met someone else.... So I just told him how I felt and why I stopped calling and emailing. I was open and honest (and a little vulnerable) but now it's up to him and whatever happens, happens. It's in God's hands now. It has been for awhile but i'm going to be OK whatever he decides to do or not do.

I didn't walk yesterday because I had bible study and had to prepare (bad excuse....what I really said is that I waited until the last minute to prepare and that's why I had no time to do what I should have been doing before bible study!) But bible study was really wonderful again and we had a special guest.......the woman who gave me some grief about starting bible study at the parish. She is a neighbor to the girl who's house we had the study at. I was happy to see her and she seemed to enjoy it and was a great participant. I truly think she was checking us out. She had a bit of a problem not taking over conversation or going into the teaching mode, but she was ok.

OK, I have to get in the shower and get ready for school now......Have a great day!
Old 04-24-2003, 09:34 AM   #159  

Angry Hi ya!

I am glad all enjoyed the poem. Sami- So sorry to hear about
your dd, pray all works out there, and happy to see ya back. Pray the new meds work, Zoe- Happy to see you backa s well, and glad prayers were answered about cyst. Mrs Hummer- Congrats on 4 new babies they will keep ya busy! Mitchy - good wishes for you and Mr. Washington. Wilma- quiet times are nice I love getting a good book and snuggling up. I can read all day if left undisturbed. E.Z. - So happy to hear your trip went well, home depot does have alot to offer. lilmoose- welcome to our group post often, Seattle sue- sorryt o hear about your mom will keep her in my prayers. Our warm weather has disappeared again for a short while, had snow last night and some predicted today. But spring is here, or suppose to be. Pray all is well, I have to go bowling so will check back later. Have a great day! luv ya's
Old 04-24-2003, 09:46 AM   #160  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh Sue,
You've shamed me with your post. You are so considerate and thinking of everyone individually. I'm just not good at posting to each of you and I'm sorry.......but I do read all of your posts and you are all in my prayers.

OK, I'm off to school and then work on this overcast day...
Old 04-24-2003, 10:37 AM   #161  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down THURSDAY

ALMOST TO THE WEEK-END LADIES

Well I am home again today, a little plastering repair around the sliding glass door to work on still. Then I should probably check around the inside of the house for dust, etc. It is in pretty good shape though, the wife was off for 2 days before we went to Vegas-- she won't leave a messy house to go on vacation!! She is some kind of bed freak-o too-- she can't leave the house unless the bed is made-- no matter what-- ever!! Anyway her and I and my 22 yr. son don't make much of a mess anyhow, that we don't clean up ourselves. We all have jobs, school, sports, etc., so we do pretty good about our own chores ( I won't mention my step-D in this-- we just shut her bedroom door when company is coming )

My daughter called me last night-- she and 2 of the other girls are going to go watch the top 4 girls on the tennis team play this week-end in a tournament 4 hrs. away. Only the top 4 for each team get to go but 3 of the 4 left behind thought it would be nice to go root them on. The kids have to go through my town to get there so they are stopping by here for dinner and to pick up sleeping bags-- they are going to sleep on the floor of the room since they don't have one-- I offered to help pay for another room but they said the hotel was full.

WILMA -- WHAT?!! Tidying up for those boys-- if they are like any of the 20+ yr boys that come through this house all they care about is can they stay for dinner, what game is on tv. I am sorry to hear you have sniffles-- better than last week though

danceforjoy Still in my prayers for your mom and a safe trip.

doitforme- How weired is this weather huh? The news earlier here said that our average temp. this time of year is 70-- it has been a very cool 63 all week-- not spring break weather but certainly can't complain!! Hey how about getting a few duces and a 600 series for me!! I have thought for a long time about getting back into bowling-- it has just been about 12 years since I picked up a ball.

lilmoose Welcome-Welcome!! I have put you and your husband in my prayers. Have a great time on that treadmill today!! The cd will really help pass the time.

SHERRY How are the babies doing this am? And your little one too-- how is the job going for the big sis?

ZOE and SAMI-- come on back

MICHELE- Hey girl-- it is o.k. to be a little vulnerable-- guys like to know you are interested-- it's that pathetic part we need to stay away from ( speaking from experience!! here) you will be fine!! He knows he has a good thing in you Happy to hear the bible study went well. Really appreciate your honesty on the walking/studying too!! Great quality in a person. You are a special one Hope you had a fun day at school

Well, work to do-- Take care of yourselves today-- your families need you!! Gary
Old 04-24-2003, 12:47 PM   #162  

Angry

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Just wanted to check in for a moment and check on everyone. My prayers go out for all of you and especially those with special requests. We each go through different things in our life and most of the time I don't understand why at the time. But then later down the road it seems to fit in just like our Lord intended. Stay strong in the Lord and keep looking UP!!!

I'm off from work today but working around the house. I have been cleaning off the deck and the porch this morning and transplanting some of my "babies". No Gary, NOT the GOAT babies!!! My little plant babies. Speaking of the babies they are doing GREAT!!!! We have named the bucks: Bailey (after the breeder) and O'Malley, the does: Betsy, Lemonade and Jitterbug, and Kaci little pet (male already banded) Popcorn. They are so very sweet, all with totally different personalities. I am loving it. But 5 am does come pretty early most mornings. My dh had been wanting to start a herd for some time, now we have a go at it.

Well, Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!! Talk atcha later!!!
Old 04-24-2003, 06:57 PM   #163  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Now, after I complained that the threads were started too fast for me, it's too long. Sorry guys.......hope to see you all on #169
Closed Thread