Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 07:53 PM   #31  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yay Sandy and Beth!!! I'm excited about your weight loss! I lost 3 more this week too so that was happy news!

Keep up the good work!

Sparkie... sorry you aren't having such a good week... hang in there; sometimes we all just have "plateaus" -- it is much more fun when the weight is falling off... but you will make it!!!

Sue
Old 03-21-2003, 06:18 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Hi all. Congrats Sue on your lost. Hang in there Sparkie and it will come. Sometimes Sparkie you have to take a day or so off from your eating plans to help out a plateau. Good luck you can do it. Beth hope that you all have a good trip and your car makes it alright. Angel I hope that you are almost over this creaping crude. Gotta run more to follow.

sandy
Old 03-21-2003, 08:23 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone!!!!

I am so proud of everything and their diligence in posting.... hopefully I will be better now that I am FINALLY feeling a little better.... this has been one rough week.... Just always exhausted. I should have stayed in bed and rested but bosses have been in town and I had to make a good show.....

I actually got up this morning and went to the gym - YEAH!!!!!!!!!
I didnt get in my full workout but after basically missing a week and a half I thought I would start out slow..... SO I did 20 minutes on cardio and then my lower body circuit training, then instead of more cardio I just did some stretches.... the cardio was a little difficult because when I start breathing heavy I start coughing.... but I was there..... YEAH!!!!!!!

Beth, Sandy and Sue---- WAY TO GO on the weight lose.... You are our BIG LOSERS!!!!!

Beth - I hope you have a safe trip and no car problems.....

Winnie - YEAH for hitting the gym!!!!! I know that sometimes the hardest part is just getting there.

Sparkle- Bad Days are a dime a dozen sometimes and sometimes you work so hard and see nothing.... but something is happening and it just takes time.... you may be retaining water, you may be coming to that TOM, you maybe building muscle..... just be patient, keep on the right track and it will come.... I love the "pants o meter" comment... I havent heard that one...

Sandy - I know that having the war is a depressing thing but I think we need to stay positive and give all the positive thoughts and energy and our prayers into our troups and their safe return. I was reading a christian newsletter that put Sadaam into perspective and something that I hadnt realized.... he has killed more people than any other person alive.... he has killed more people than Hitler... and what I dont understand is why the muslims support him so much for he has killed more Muslims than any other person. One person I heard from calls in "So Damn Insane".... he must be stopped and while I dont like that it is us that half to do it I think we are the only ones capable of doing it.

Also, I didnt realize this and you guys may know this.... the reason the french are so opposed to this was is that they control 60% of the "oil for food" program with Iraq and that they are the #1 money trading (I am not sure that is the right word) country with Iraq.... so the french are only in it for themselves.... and for that I am sorry.... and I happen to love french people.... oh well.

Ok onto peppier topics....

I have started a little thing I do everyday.... it is a little funny but it seems to be helping me a little.... Self Talk can be such a sabotager.... so I decided to use it to the positive.... Everymorning I look in the mirror and tell myself I am a good person, that I am worthy of success, That I am a positive person, and I have energy to do the things that need to get done.... And that today IS GOING TO BE A GOOD DAY!!!!!! It has been helping...

I had my boss riding in my car one day this past week and when I had picked him up I looked him dead in the eye and said This is going to be a good day even if I have to kill someone..... he just laughed at me... and you know what it was a good day.....

In the evening I congradulate myself on anything I did in the right direction.... even if it is I am proud of myself for only eating 2 girl scout cookies instead of the whole box.... anything good that you can say to yourself... there is so much negative that goes in that some positive needs to go in also....

So anyway, I have 6 weeks till the BIG DAY!!!! Stress is high and I am working on kicking that in the butt!!!!

How about a 6 Week Challenge Girls.....

Here is the Challenge:

1) We are good to ourselves. We treat ourselves as would we treat our bestfriend.

2) We drink at least 6 glasses of water. (we all need to do that).

3) We try to have at least one heathy meal a day.

4) We try to exercise at least 3 times a week.

5) We take a few minutes everyday to pray for our troops and to think positive thoughts.

You can add your own personal challenges on this that you would like.... I will tell you guys my personal challenges later....

These are all attainable...... What do you think????? Can we do this.... I know that alot of us (maybe all of us) are doing more than this and we all have our own personal challenges but I want something that we can all say I am proud of myself I have met this challenge....

Everyone - Have a great day.... as a friend of mine says "Everyday I am breathing is a Great Day!"
Old 03-21-2003, 09:26 AM   #34  

I'm up for the challenge! My personal goals:

- Only weigh myself once a week.

- Try something new - but not food!

Thanks for the pep talk, ya'll. I feel better today - not hungry. I've gotta step away from the scale!

Now, if the sun would just COME OUT!!!!

Glad you're better Angel! Hope everyone's feeling groovy and dropping the ####s. A big ol' YAY to all the big LOOSERS!
Old 03-21-2003, 10:56 AM   #35  

OK Here are my personal goals.....

1) Try to eat 1200-1600 calories

2) Walk Daily

3) Yoga twice a week
Cardio 5 days a week
Circuit Training 5 days a week

4) 7-8 Hours sleep
Old 03-21-2003, 07:54 PM   #36  

Angel - I am in for the challenge!

My personal additions are -

- No more than 1800 calories per day.

- Keep doing some form of exercise EVERY day.

- Cut back on soft drinks.

- Get the kids in bed every night by 9:30 so I can have some time for me!!

I have had a really good week, and you guys are one of the reasons. It is nice to log on every night and read posts from women who are in the same boat that I am in. It makes me a little less hard on myself for allowing myself to gain this much weight! Imagine what life would be like if we could someday go an ENTIRE day without even thinking about our weight!!

Thanks for being there and sharing...

Janice
Old 03-22-2003, 09:12 AM   #37  

Good Morning Everyone....

Janice- the soft drink challenge would be great for me also.... also need to cut out the sweet tea ( I live in the south - we dont know howe to drink our tea without a gallon of sugar!) so I am going to add that to my challenges also....

I am off to get my ring bearer measured for his tux and then I am coming back home and working in the yard.... WE HAVE SUN!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!

Talk to you later
Old 03-22-2003, 09:56 AM   #38  

Hi everyone. Angel gald that you are feelin better.
Some of my personal challenges.
to make sure that I get my ab workout in every day.

to get out and walk on my days off from work.

to limit my snack to fruits and veggies. only one good snack a week. maybe a sundae on sunday.

This just may be what I need to kick this in the butt. Angel thanks for the info that you found in the reader. I will look to see if it is at church tomorrow when I go.
Gotta run time to go to the groc store.

sandy
Old 03-22-2003, 12:36 PM   #39  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Angel

Hey I understand about the sweet tea! I grew up in the Midwest and it always had tons of sugar in it! BUT I did it... years ago I decided to just teach myself to like it without it... and now I can't stand it with sugar.

Sandy... interesting how people think differently and what works for one doesn't work for another. Instead of thinking of "one good snack" etc... and a "food treat" occasionally, I have instead learned to think of fruit, etc. AS the "good snack" and train myself not to think of food as a "treat." When I see a piece of cake, etc., I think in terms of "That is 2 hours on the treadmill... not a chance!"

But we are all different... this isn't meant to be a criticism in any way... just another perspective.

Sue
Old 03-23-2003, 02:45 PM   #40  

Hello Everyone!!!!

Well I have done pretty good this weekend.... been working in the yard and it is looking pretty good.... although my lower back is yelling STOP!!!!!

Today is Keith's Birthday and it will be a little challenging tonight but I will not beat myself up I will just try to control the portions...

How is everyone else doing????
Old 03-23-2003, 07:50 PM   #41  

Hi all. Done great so far this weekend. Kept with my goal and walked today(day off). Even got in an extra ab workout. Shock. Just checking in while I am wathcin the game. Catch y'll later
Old 03-24-2003, 06:06 AM   #42  

Hey everyone....

Well it is monday morning (UGH!) and I am up to head to the gym.... Just thought I would check in....

Only ate half a piece of the choc w/ mint choc chip icecream cake... was pretty proud of myself... although my neighbor cooked dinner and if she knew the word lowfat she forgot it a long time ago.....

Didnt sleep to well last night - woke up about 3am and was feeling panicy..... realized the wedding was only 40 days away....
Did some deep breathing exercises but still felt that was.... boy stress is a killer..... hopefully I wont feel like this all day.

Anyway, I am off to work some of this stress away....

Have a great day! and dont forget our challenge!!!!! Say nice things to yourself!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:15 PM   #43  

Angel glad to hear that you are feelin well enough to go to the gym. Done sorta go on my goals this weekend until I had an chocolate craving. I had 3 scoops of van ice cream w/ choc syrup and earlier I had 6 sm scooby snacks. I guess that I figured that I had been so good all week and it was Sunday and we were having a cookout what the hey. Angel hope that you have got rid of some of the stress. I know that it can wreck your life if you let it. Beth how was your trip? Hope that it was a good one. Gotta get time to go to work. Catch y'll later.

sandy
Old 03-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #44  

Hello All!
Its great to see everyone posting! My trip was great. I am not looking forward to going back to work in about an hour!

It looks like we are all doing well! Thinking in the right directions with goals and such.

For me my only goal is to stay on track and just keep doing what I am doing.

I did read something this weekend in my TOPS book that was interesting. It was explaining how many calories you can eat to maintain a certain weight. It was saying it is different for people that have been overweight than for people never overweight. It was like for 120-1200 calories, 130 -1300 calroies 140-1400 calories. I get a little unnerved by that. I know I can make 120's but to keep it off at 1200 calories a day seems harsh! Of course there is exercise to counter balance some of it. I think there point was that you should find a weight that you can realistically maintain. What do you all think?

Well I better run. I need to be getting ready for work. I hope to walk outside tonight. DD has a cold so we were not able to get out and it is nice today!

Beth
Old 03-24-2003, 08:56 PM   #45  

Hey Everyone!!!!

I am so glad to see everyone.... it boosts my spirits....

I have 40 days until my wedding and today my seamstress called and told me she wouldnt have time to alter my dress after all so now I am running around trying to find someone who can.....

The stress!!!! Keith's mother has given me my recent panic attack.... she wrote me this beautiful letter that I received on Saturday and her last statement was "just think only 42 more days" 6 weeks sounded so much better.... well last night at 3am from a dead sleep I woke up in a panic attack going "oh my god I have 40 days!!!!" and was up for the rest of the night.... so tonight I am taking something to help me sleep because this is the 2nd night in a row that I was up at 3.

Beth - I know you had the goal of 120's but I am not sure how tall you are, also what is your build (small medium or large)... also you have to take into consideration your muscle mass.... all of these things contribute to your weight not necessarily your clothing size..... for example I have two friends that are twins.... and they both weigh 145#s.... but one wears a size 5 and the other a size 9.... one has much more muscle....

I think sometimes we are always so concerned about our weight and what that dang scale says that we forget to talk to our bodies or to listen to it....

I think that somewhere along the line you will feel comfortable and look good and be healthy.... that may be a 140#'s may be at 130#'s..... one thing to keep in mind is that you are older now and that you have had two kids - your body may not be comfortable at the 120's mark again.... and I dont think the rest of your life needs to be a struggle....

Hey I found the greatest cookbook!!!! It is done by Cooking Light and is called the 5 ingredient 15 minute cookbook.... They have got some of the greatest recipes. It gives you the shopping list in the margin of each recipe and they really are quick and great.... you guys aught to try it....

ANyway, I am off.... I have about 20 minutes before I am going to bed since I have been up since 3am....

Goodnight All!!!
Closed Thread