Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

Default I feel like I'm cursed!

Can anyone relate to me on gaining weight very very quickly?? Last year when I was losing weight so good I weighed like 255. At this time I weigh 310. That's a 55 weight gain in a year! But really it was less than a year because by november i was 310. It's so discouraging. I keep giving up on myself like now. I know what I want, but I never could imagine myself being successful, well last year I could. I feel like a failure. Right now I'm unemployed (again like last year). I was soo disappointed yesterday when I found out I didn't get the job I interviewed for and I thought I was easy pickings. I always wanted to be in the air force, but when I think about it, I think about it as if it's simply a dream. I'm struggling, basically, to become mentally ready to lose weight.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You have made a start, keep it up. Stick to a diet and exercise plan and you will see success.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I can relate. For me though, it's binge eating/compulsive eating that causes me to gain alot in short periods of time.

Trust me, I know its hard. I was in the military and had to lose weight to get in. I've yo yo'd my entire life, its depressing.

Try to be honest with yourself about what you're eating, it helps. Track everything!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

I've experienced very rapid weight gain, too. 40 pounds in three months. If you go off track badly enough it is very possible.

That said, have you had your hormones/thyroid checked? Is everything normal?

Getting in the right mindset is definitely the most challenging part. It took me a really long time to reach the point where I wouldn't give up after I lost 15 pounds and things started slowing down. All you can do is focus on your goals and what you want your future to look like. Make it happen. Set some mini-goals and your journey will feel a little faster. I started at 307 and set my first mini-goal as 280. I'm around five pounds away from that goal and it hasn't been that long.

You did so well last time, you can definitely repeat that success!

Good luck!

Last edited by Amy23; 04-17-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling!
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Height: 5'9"

I wish I was someone who only wanted to lose 10lbs. So much easier than losing 140lbs!
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiagurl91 View Post
I wish I was someone who only wanted to lose 10lbs. So much easier than losing 140lbs!
10 lbs at a time. Its do-able!!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #7  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

I totally understand. I lost weight and was in a really good place with my weight because of dance and yoga and a pretty strict diet a few years ago. Then I moved in with my mother who is a diet KILLER and I gained a few lbs. Then when I was on my own, living with my fiance, I stayed at that weight which wasn't too bad, still only about 135. Then I got hurt. I slipped a disc in my back and it makes my yoga and dance really hard. (I can't bend, or lift anything over ten lbs, or stand for too long, or sit, or walk for too long or move very much without pain) I gained around 60 lbs in the first year after I got hurt. Now I'm trying to lose it because I want to be at a good weight for my wedding. I feel like a failure because I don't have the motivation I used to. I too am unemployed and living off my dad and fiance which is frustrating, but there aren't many jobs i'm qualified for, and though I'm in school I find it really hard with my injury. Le Sigh. You've made a good decision coming here because there are a ton of people that understand and can help when you feel like this. Good luck<3
Goody3shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #8  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

OMgosh I am the queen of losing weight and then gaining back that much and more. When I moved in with my fiancé/moved away to college I went from 190, where I had always hovered, to a very stubborn 262 in a matter of about a year.
It's awful but the best thing you can do is start again. For me, I didn't place a lot of expectations on myself, I only lowered my calories to 1700, and I broke my weight loss into four groups of about twenty-five lbs, since I have 100 to lose. I'm only focusing on those 25 at a time. I'm also perfectly content to see oz's lost on the scale, or even stay the same. Okay, not PERFECTLY content but I don't let it depress me, just motivate me to work harder. One day I just kind of opened my eyes and realized its time. And I've only lost eleven lbs but as far as I'm concerned, I don't care if I plateau, I'm never getting back into the 260s. I gain weight sooo fast, so I know I have to stay on myself. I visualize myself as running away from 300lbs instead of running towards it. As long as I'm facing the right way (whether the scale shows a minor gain or not, as long as my mindset is right I'm facing onederland).
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Get rid of clothes when they are too big. DO NOT SAVE THEM. And put on the brakes if what you have starts to get tight. We all have to realize that this is not a diet. Cliche as it might be, this is a lifestyle change and if you don't make the effort to change your eating habits, you are doomed to gaining it back. We all have to make choices. Choose to stay heavy and be miserable or choose to change - mentally and physically - and get healthy and be happy about it, no matter how long it takes. Or go back to the old weight, but don't complain. We are in control of this.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 04-17-2012 at 11:16 AM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #10  

Hey, I can relate a lot-
I gained more than that in a span of 3-4 months 4 years ago. It was horrible because I have a shorter frame and it was a lot of weight to carry. Overall, from my highest to lowest, I am going for a 63-65 lb weight loss in hopes of getting to my old jean size-my ticker is smaller because I joined 3FC when I lost some weight already...and then I yoyoed from there ugh.
I was also unemployed for over a year, so moving in apts was expensive and stressful.
Just think-one "big" thing at a time. I don't think of all I have to do anymore-career wise+life wise etc. I just do the little things-and I make sure I get them done. Walking a few hours a day? Done. Making sure I eat the right amount of cals a day? Done. And a few mini goals-to balance out my life, like spending time with friends/art/baking-but I don't think too hard about all I want to do, I find that I accomplish a lot more when I focus on one large task at hand (weight loss) and then maintenance-all in a steady way where I also do fun activities makes me stick with it rather than either obsessing over it or trying to do everything at once. That way, I am less distressed when there are some bumps in the road, makes me more flexible, and just think "OK, either I have to stick to my guns or find an alternative"

EDIT-I find that the 10 lbs to lose thing vs 140 lbs is a catch 22-the last 10 lbs are extremely hard to lose, while the 140 lbs feels super daunting (and theres additional ups and downs to both for many reasons.) But stick with it and you can trudge through both.

Last edited by pixelllate; 04-17-2012 at 11:35 AM.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote