Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #1  

Question help please...wich diet?

Hi, i was ment to start my diet ages ago but cant seem to get into it!
Im torn between 2 diets ww or counting my cals?
I lost over 3 stone at ww a few years ago on the old points system but iv never relly tried cal counting so just some oppinions from each would be extra helpful.
im getting down now and no i need to do something about it but 2stone lighter seems so far away!
I no i need to get my act together and focus with small goals to break it down.

Any other advice very welcome!
thanks for reading !
kirstyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Weight watchers is counting calories albiet in a simplified manner.

I think you'll do better with Weight Watchers and if you're feeling extra motviated you can count calories as well.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #3  
too big to fail

Many people have success using weight watchers because it simplifies calorie counting and provides support (weekly meetings). Don't get hung up on the idea that you need to find the perfect diet before you start. You can get started right now by make a few healthy changes and getting more active. Visit the forum and read what people are talking about. I started eating very differently than I do now, but my weight loss has been steady. Oh, and welcome!
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #4  
Choose Your Hard

S/C/G: 180 / ticker / 140

Height: 5'5"

Hi! so my 2 cents are probably worth about .0005 cents but here it is anyways. WW is calorie counting (sorta) and you have to pay for it. Calorie counting is free. WW has meetings so If you do better having a place to weight in & be held accountable then that might be the best bet. I like calorie counting due to cost & that nothing is off limits. I have heard that WW uses calorie counting but the main difference is it charges more points for "unhealthy" foods and less points for "healthy foods". While I just count calories no matter how good or bad the item is for me.

Good luck choosing - I have seen this quote around here & I really like it : "the best diet is the one you will actually stick to". so there is no right or wrong - just what you are most likely to actually follow. =D
DollyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyMichele View Post

Good luck choosing - I have seen this quote around here & I really like it : "the best diet is the one you will actually stick to". so there is no right or wrong - just what you are most likely to actually follow. =D
Exactly!!

I like calorie counting myself, and I wouldn't feel comfortable going to meetings, scheduled weigh-ins, etc. Just something I know personally wouldn't work for me.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Whichever one you choose, make sure you can stick with it for the rest of your life. If you find it too restrictive, then you need to choose something else.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

I've done both and there are pros and cons with each. With WW, you get accountability and positive reinforcement every week, which can really help with motivation, but it's expensive. With calorie-counting, I eat whatever I want (I had a 7-11 apple fritter this morning for breakfast), when I want, how I want........as long as I don't go over my daily calorie budget. But calorie-counting can be tedious, and there's no one else dieting with me and going through my struggles like one would have in WW.

Best of luck to you in whichever you choose.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #8  

Thanks everybody. I agree with the fact i need to do something i can stick too!
My only problem with ww is the points, i dont find them simplified for example when eating out or even round the supermarket on the other hand i no it doesnt take long to adapt. i feel the good thing at ww is getting weighed by somebody else.
Cal counting iv got an app on my phone that seems pretty easy to use.
So to start im going to just going too eat healthy n watch the calories! see how it goes!

Thankyou!
kirstyflash is offline   Reply With Quote