Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #16  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I hung onto my favorites and closet shopping was excellent, especially remembering the last time these clothes fit. And now? I can't closet shop anymore, it is ALL too big. Can I just say how amazing that feels?!

I'd say there is nothing wrong with getting interim clothes that fit, I know I did, but I also rotated in the saved items when they were appropriate (all of what I saved aged well and were pretty classic shapes that nobody could tell we're a decade old). I don't save every piece of clothing so I'd say for my journey for every one item I had in my closet already, I purchased two more. Maybe a third of my wardrobe was supplemented from saved clothes, and the rest were treats I bought myself as I shrank

I actually need to hit the Salvation Army and clearance racks at JCP again to find more clothes, I think my current batch are about two sizes too big and it looks ridiculous. Nothing cheers me up more than cute new clothes, especially now that I don't have any in my closet from my history that are still too small
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #17  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
I've kept clothes in the past

am I the only one who has found that when you get back to the weight you were when you wore them the first time they still don't always fit?
Nope, not the only one! Especially since some of my clothes were purchased when I was heavier and guessing what my size would be, or from before I had children, even at the same weight my shape is drastically different - much curvier.

This always makes me feel better, actually, that sometimes the clothes looking bad isn't because of weight, but because a style or cut doesn't work with my body. Thin people don't magically look excellent in everything just because they are thin, and that was a big comfort to me

On the downside, I had this issue with my dress for Easter, which was sitting in my closet until it fit. It is a misses dress but I am genuinely petite in the torso, and the waist was just way too long. Even three sizes smaller than the label it still doesn't fit me well because the waist curve hits my hips and it flares far too low. I kept hoping I'd lose and it would fit, but now it fits on the previous trouble spot and is far too loose everywhere else. It was a bit unsatisfying, but now that I can see my shape again (not so obscured by fat) I am realizing I cannot do non-petite dresses, even though I have a long inseam my waist is just too short and the drop from the shoulder to bust and bust to waist on a normal length of clothing is too long for me.

Such is life and the vagaries of having a body that is unique to me

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 04-10-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

Oh yes! I held on to a bunch of my 'wish' clothes, and never thinking I would fit into them again. Every couple months or so I take a deep breath and give 'em a try - I got a couple more pairs of tight-ish jeans and skirts to fit. Still a little too snug to be acceptable but getting closer. This means however that I'm getting too small for a lot of my more comfy clothes that I've been wearing for a lot longer. Stuff is starting to look 'frumpy' on me cuz I'm not filling it out as much but I'll take it.
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote