Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #76  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

mamakat I'm so sorry about the ring and also you need to tell someone or do something about the mania before you or someone gets hurt, ok?

Itsmyturn I cannot believe you can get your kids to exercise with you. I could maybe get my 6 year old to do it with me for five minutes for fun, but the teen? Cripes, I can't even get him to go to the gym to workout PERIOD let alone with me - though I think that's what he needs - to join us for some exercise.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #77  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Berry Can you use ibuprofen? Maybe that will help. I hope your neck is better quickly.
I finally did at 4 pm (stupid me didn't think about TAKING something for it - you would think after 3 months of daily headaches a year and a half ago that I would pop pills easily, but now I get headaches like once every 6 months and I forget how to deal with them - especially since they are a different kind of headache.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #78  
Melissa

diana3271 So why were you afraid to take this supplement? is it known to have bad side effects? Sounds like a lifesaver for times you can't be certain of what you are eating and you have sensitivities, but I can understand not wanting to rely on it either - because it can't STOP a reaction, right? Just lessen it?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
diana3271 So why were you afraid to take this supplement? is it known to have bad side effects? Sounds like a lifesaver for times you can't be certain of what you are eating and you have sensitivities, but I can understand not wanting to rely on it either - because it can't STOP a reaction, right? Just lessen it?
Berry I have read that this supplement is more widely used in Europe. I think it is only available recently in the US. The reviews are very mixed. It seems it either gets a 5 star rating or 1.

http://histame.com/
http://www.iherb.com/Naturally-Vitam...Capsules/38748

This is the one that I bought. It has the same active ingredient.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU708/ItemDetail

I am literally terrified to take or eat anything new. That's the reason for my concern.

I had a chocolate dessert Sunday. Anything chocolate has at least soy lecithin in it. I know there had to be some other soy in the foods that I ate. I am truly amazed that I didn't react. I'm not sure if it completely stops the reaction or just lessens it. I don't seem to have reacted this time at all. I wouldn't go and eat peanut butter, something made with soy flour, etc. I would only use it in a situation like I did on Sunday. Also, I would still try to avoid the foods that I am suspicious of.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #80  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - I am glad you have the supplement option.. fingers crossed it works for you, you have dealt with this for too long. My son said he was very sore in abdomen after our Bootcamp Extreme Abs last time, and after Tae Bo Cardio, it revived the pain

Berry - I am happy that he is keeping at it. I keep hearing him say he wants some definition (he is slender, but no muscle tone to speak of) and already he is showing some definition... now hoping it's enough to keep him going

Tonight my DS and I did a new Tae Bo and I used weighted gloves. We both burned with arms, legs, and core... gonna feel that big time tomorrow. After the workout, he and I both took the dog on his nightly walk so my DH didn't have to worry about doing it before he went to work tonight - it was a great cool down for us..neither of us put on a jacket cause we were sooooo hot still, Finally got my shower in and it's late here... since the alarm goes off so early, it's off to bed for me Have a great night all!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #81  

HI everybody

Doing okay so far today --

Breakfast -- porridge
lunch -- salmon and salad roll
snack banana
dinner fish and roast vegies
snack - youghurt

Met a friend this morning and we went for a walk on the beach for an hour. It was a beautiful morning so started off the day on the right note

The Comedy Festival is on here in Melbourne at the moment so might go out and catch something tonight.
Today is the last day of my two week holiday so am trying to make the most of it.

Kassiebby - well done you on the weight loss
MRSS2010 -- hope YOU enjoyed your walk as much as I didn
ItsMyTurn -- Thank you -- and I love the idea of Boot Camp -- might give it a go sometime
Miraibai50 -- hang in there
Mamakat -- Yeah -- Sorry about the ring. It DOES feel awful when that sort of thing happens

Larry -- If you are doing all the right things it should come off soon hey

qtkitty -- HOpe you are feeling better soon

All the best everybody --
Old 04-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #82  

Height: 5'4"

Evening all,

Just a quick check in. Still busy with the house guest.

He likes to eat so it's a bit of a bad influence - ate more frozen mangos than I needed to both last night and tonight.

Bkfast was good
1/2 C granola with a few tbs low fat yogurt
some fresh cantaloupe
1 soft boiled egg for protein

Lunch
1 turkey, whole wheat bread, tomato sandwich

Snack before working out
mango smoothie/lowfat yogurt/milk

Dinner
Chef salad, no bacon, only vinegar dressing
a beer for carbs

Snack like 1 C frozen mango

1 diet 7-up

Exercise
long dive - kicked 1/2 a mile underwater
3km jog

Last edited by kathydee; 04-13-2012 at 01:48 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #83  

Height: 5'4"

duplicate post

Last edited by kathydee; 04-13-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #84  

Hi

What do DH and DS stand for?

Just askin
Old 04-13-2012, 02:21 AM   #85  

S/C/G: HW 288, S 274.8/C 273.8/G 200

Height: 5' 8"

I'm new to the forum, and just wanted to say I ate 1560 calories today and then went to the gym and did about 2 miles on the elliptical. Says I burned 400 calories! I also have begun taking my multivitamin, a B-complex, and flaxseed oil again

Off to a good start and just wanted to share

Last edited by nanook380; 04-13-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:46 AM   #86  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! Have a great one!

I had to get up a little earlier this morning. I need to get some things done before I can start the weekend.

It looks like, according to my calendar, that TTOM will be starting any day now.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 146.6
No Change

nanook380 Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

CyberCrystal Dear Husband and Dear Son. DD is Dear Daughter, etc. Here's the list they have on 3FC's http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/freq...-acronyms.html

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-13-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #87  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Cyber - Diana beat me to answering your question... quick-draw McGraw over there!

Diana - Good morning! Hope you are able to get everything done that you are trying to accomplish

Happy Friday all!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #88  

Thanks Diana

I had a look at all the acronyms.

Not doing to well tonight... wanting to snack. Have a house guest who wanted a platter of cheese and dip ( my favourite things )
Have had some but am vowing to leave it at that. NO more

Good night all
Old 04-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #89  
Melissa

Well, head feels better today so lets hope it was a one day thing with that muscle fatigue. Instead of bodystep today (where they do ab work), I'm going to do c25K. I think I strain my neck doing abs, so another day away from those might be good and I should have done c25k yesterday so this will keep me on track with that.

Scale is .2 over my all time low. I have 3-4 more days until TTOM so I 'might' see a new all time low for a millisecond this month, but basically, as I thought, this month was a repeat of last month with a 6 pound bounce around ovulation. Grrr.... Oh well. I can't complain too much. I've had very little repeat months and lesson learned - simple carbs are EVIL!

ETA: forget what I said about no headache. I moved my head and instantly started to get a headache - same darn strain I had this past fall. Wish I knew what I did to cause it so I wouldn't do it again!!! Just took ibuprofen.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-13-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 245/229/160

Height: 5'3"

I am new here - have been feeling extremely discouraged lately (weeks/months) and have been eating nothing but junk food and sitting around doing nothing. Hubby needs to drop about 20 pounds and I need to drop at LEAST 40 or 50 before I'll feel good again... knee has been bothering me... On the scale this morning I weighed in at 241.8 (This is three pounds lighter than my absolute heaviest)

I'm only 28... my knee should not be bothering me! :P

So... I am the only one holding me back from being healthy... and it is almost always a mental block. When I cut out sugar and snacky food entirely for two weeks I lost 13 pounds, and it wasn't hard. I just have to knock off this crap.

Okay well - wish me luck!

Last edited by ExtraordinaryAtheist; 04-13-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Closed Thread