Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See thicker

Height: 5'9

Unhappy Overwhelmed

Hi! My name is Mariana and I'm from Mexico, I've been obese since I was 6 years old.
I've began this weight lost since last year and really commited myself to lose weight since this year.
I've lost so far almost 40 lbs and still have more to lose.
I'm scared, don't really know why , I found a school t-shirt while doing some cleaning and decided to try it on...
It fits and when I realize that I began to cry.
I can belive I've come this far, I don't remember what is to be thin, and when I look in the mirror sometimes I don't recognize that person.
I've been having a lot of mixed emotions and I don't know how to deal with them.
My whole life is changing and I'm only halfway, I can't even think what is going to be like when I reach my goal.
Sometimes I want to give up and live my life the way I already know but I don't want to do that, to be back to the person I used to be.
friaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Change is scary. Not changing is even more scary when your health is on the line. It's ok to be scared, but you just gotta keep going. You're doing so amazingly!!! Keep it up!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #3  
threenorns

that's the part of weight loss they don't tell you in the fancy infomercials, is it?

it's the same reason i twice decided to regain all the weight i'd lost - i couldn't handle the social pressure.

what you need is a really great support system. friends who are the size you want to be - hang around with them, talk with them, observe them. ask them questions - "what do you do when a guy gets obnoxious?" "how do you know if something is going to look good on you?" "what's the best way to show off my small waist and minimize my hips?" etc.

it's not just your body that is changing - you have to change inside your skull, too. give it a good vacuuming to get rid of all the old habits and negative ideas.

Last edited by threenorns; 04-06-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You are doing so great, but I can understand how scary it can be....since you don't know what to expect. Also, sometimes it's hard to see the change or see what you really look like because our minds play tricks on us. I'd highly recommend taking pictures every few weeks or once a month and comparing. I think that helps people feel like this is more real, if that makes sense. I hope you will start to love where this is all headed soon .
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

You've been given great advice! Change IS scary, and as I'm coming up on my lowest adult weight it is really hitting me how much I've changed and how far I've come, but a little anxiety has come with it. For me, powering through it with focusing on my goals and KNOWING how much I want to be at my goal and not be bogged down by my emotions, has been very helpful. But there has been a lot of goal setting, focusing, and mental checks.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #6  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I've had troubles dealing with some of the changes too. Even some of the positive changes have been tough..... Which is weird. You'd think positive changes would not lead to negative reactions! Not always, I guess. Change is hard. This is good change, though, so much easier to adapt. Threenorms gives great advice! You'll be fine!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote