Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #1  

Location: Glasgow, Scotland usually but Afghanistan at the mo

S/C/G: 294/238/168

Height: 5ft 7

Default Looking for some advice please..

Hi there everyone,

Hope all is going well...

My problem.. I believe I have eating healthy and I have been doing exercise 4-5 times a week - a mix of cardio and muscle stuff... However, I have lost 9 Pounds or so but that has been over two months now.. I have lost inches and feel better and more energy etc.. I know I should be happy and just keep going for it and the scales are not everything but I am hardly at the weight to be happy with toning...

Should I keep doing the same thing building lean muscle ? but not much sign of the scales changing ?

I tried a small experiment.... I never done any exercise for a week but eat the same way as I have been.. I lost 3 Pounds but did not feel as good about myself ?!

Help Please ??

Thank you x
GillW23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #2  
too big to fail

Are you counting calories? It is possible to still eat too much even if it is healthy food.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Sounds like an extremely reasonable loss of weight to me.

Not sure what the problem is? Keep it up and in four months you'll look like a completely different person.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #4  

Yeah Sorry noticed I had not mentioned calories - Yeah I am counting calories - taking in around 1200-1500 a Day.. more more down the 1200 side...

JohnP yeah maybe I am just been unrealistic Just the first week was all my weight loss then it never moved for the next 7.....until the week with no exercise. ?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

When you workout, you retain a lot of water. Initial drop in weight is usually a lot of water and then when the scale doesn't seem to move, you're actually losing fat but it doesn't show because you are retaining water...does that make any sense? I hope so! Keep up the great work! I'd say you should aim to eat 1500 calories a day and if you workout, maybe have about 1700 calories a day. Just my own opinion so I hope that doesn't offend you. Again, you're doing great and the scale isn't the best indicator of what's going on short term. I also suggest weighing only if it helps you. I actually took a little break from weighing when I noticed I was doing everything on plan but the scale wasn't moving. Go based on how you feel. Congrats on your great progress!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #6  

Thank you for the comments.. No that does not offend me in the slightest.. takes alot to do that haha

Yeah I understand about the water retaining side of things... I really do believe in you need to eat calories- maybe I should up the calories hmm...

I think the scales have to be thrown out or at least placed in somewhere am not tempted to stand on them and get upset over them even though I feel good inside haha messed up.

Thank you on the encouragement and advice.

Also, Congratulations on your Goal Well done!! Look Amazing
Old 04-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

It sounds like you're doing great! Keep it up and your consistency will pay off. Maybe make a game of swapping out certain food items or exercises until you are maximizing your bang for each buck (I love doing this, I'm competitive!).

I really think you're doing smashingly well, and patience will pay off. Keep it ups don't quit or cheat, and you WILL get to your goal. It takes time, sometimes a LOT of time (I've been doing this three and a half years straight, now ) but if you lose it in a way you can maintain and strengthen your body, you can't go wrong.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote