Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #16  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm the same age as you.

I know how it feels to look around and see everyone our age have tight bodies, looking great in bikinis and all that and wishing that we could have had that. It sucks.

I lost a bunch of weight after being obese just about all my life, especially after reaching my highest weight in high school (which is probably around your size or larger when you consider our height difference). I had horrid stretch marks on my stomach and back and quite a few on my arms.

I still have those stretch marks. I also have some loose skin and while I wish I had that tight stomach that other 24 year old women do, I'm in great shape and I feel and look better than I ever did in my life.

The way I see it is this: Not many people make a completely turnaround like this, so if I bear some battle scars as a result of my transformation then so be it. I'm wearing a bikini this summer and while I'll be wary of bending over (my skin just hangs there when I do, LOL, oh well..) I certainly don't care if anyone judges me or even says something.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #17  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

That's a great attitude about it and exactly correct - yes, I am 25 and spent the last ten years gaining weight and being obese, in addition to my three pregnancies the last five years! My body is going to show that, as much as it shows the hard work I've spent losing this weight! In some ways I am so grateful I have gone through this struggle young, where I have my children's lives to be healthy for and many years ahead of me with workable strategies for maintaining my weight. My more slender, tight-bodied friends who haven't really ever dealt with their figures until the first baby or when they hit the middle aged spread? They have an uphill battle in terms of learning those behaviors I have figured out at an earlier age. It's all a trade off, but very few women spend their lives with absolutely no weight struggles. Whether it is now or later, the important thing is that we learn from our challenges and move forward with more knowledge to use and share for our betterment and those around us, too

I might not be skinny and quintessentially 'hot', and the stretchmarks and loose skin is part of the territory, but I AM strong, smart, and definitely sexy, even with the battle scars. Embracing the imperfections has given me immense peace over the weight loss journey and moving forward. I am so amazed at what I have been able to do - lose MASSIVE amounts of weight and keep it off through life's turbulence - and how much I have grown in the process. If some wrinkly belly skin is the worst I suffer, I have only gained my life and health in the end
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #18  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
If some wrinkly belly skin is the worst I suffer, I have only gained my life and health in the end

Amen!!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I wish I could understand the desire to wear a bikini. It's a generational thing, I know. But to look good in a bikini, you have to be almost perfect. And less than perfect can look absolutely stunning in a one piece or a tankini. STUNNING.

That said, I think things will be better than you think right now. I am old enough to be your mom's older sister and was over 250 for more than 20 years. I didn't yo-yo, but carried a lot of weight for a lot of years. After losing 90 pounds, I have some saggy skin and would look dreadful in a bikini. But I don't look too bad in a tank top and shorts, even at 61, so don't give up on it. As everyone else said, it's better than staying heavy. That doesn't look good in any bathing suit.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #20  
too big to fail

I know that even if I do lose all my extra weight I'll never be able to show it off at a pool party. I'm a conservative religious person so I don't want to. I am unmarried, however, and I worry that on my wedding night my husband will see what a mess my skin is. Even so, I am doing this for my health and so that I can one day safely carry a child. With every pound I lose walking becomes easier and I feel better. It's best to think about those things rather than looking hot- those superficial things will fade as you age anyway.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #21  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I am covered in stretch marks, everywhere except my belly, ironically. I have a few big ones there, but not all over.

I do, however, have them like a roadmap covering every centimeter of my hips, thighs, inner thighs and even on my calves! A few on my boobs, too, but not very noticeable.

They do fade over time, and although they won't go away, you can look and feel firmer by losing weight and toning up. I also like Jergens daily lotion with a slight tanner in it. I think it helps me even out the color difference between my skin and the scars.

I am wearing a bikini. heck, even just wearing shorts is going to put 90% of my stretchmarks on display, but they honestly just blend it.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote