Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/283/190

Height: 5'8"

Default What do you do when you're bored and lack motivation?

Just wondering what everyone else does when they aren't busy and have a lazy day. Weekends are the worst for me because I tend to stay home and get little exercise, which makes me lose motivation to get out and do anything. I'm sticking to my diet, but it gets difficult when I'm bored. What does everyone else do to keep themselves busy and on track?
Luv2Sing777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I have a garden. I get out there and I'll be out there for a while, this way I'm not bored. If I feel hungry I'll just go outside and forget about it. I'm a bored eater. That's where my weight came on. So I've learned to chew gum when I really can't handle it. Find something to keep you busy. Hobbies?

Last edited by KatieAlyse; 03-24-2012 at 10:02 PM.
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #3  

I come on here!! And here I am!! lol I go to each board and read. I find that it keeps me motivated, because most of the posts are about weightloss, dieting, exercise ect. And when I'm done, usually a lot of time has gone by.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #4  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
I come on here!! And here I am!! lol I go to each board and read. I find that it keeps me motivated, because most of the posts are about weightloss, dieting, exercise ect. And when I'm done, usually a lot of time has gone by.
Me too! I especially like to read the success stories with the before and after pictures. Un-freaking believable. Such great inspiration! Almost each one says "If I can do it, so can you", and I believe them. We just can't give up.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/196/160

Height: 5'5''

Well I have kids so I am never bored lol, what I am always busy with tho is cleaning, cleaning is exercise too. I make sure the house is clean always and in order to do that it takes alot so Im always cleaning, or chasing kids. But when I just want to chill and be lazy I go on the computer and research.
Earth Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

I'm like GlamourGirl827 and Serenity100. I come here. I love going through the goal page and even tho I have read a good portion of them multiple times, I never get bored.

If i'm feeling lazy during the day I go for a run around the lake near my house.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
Me too! I especially like to read the success stories with the before and after pictures. Un-freaking believable. Such great inspiration! Almost each one says "If I can do it, so can you", and I believe them. We just can't give up.
Me 3.
erh12275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

I work out and catch up on errands on Saturday, so that keeps me busy.

Sunday's are intentionally lazy days. I will do my weight lifting and ab crunches, but otherwise I try to relax and rest up. I think it's important to have a lazy day every once in a while. I still follow my diet, but I just don't do much else but relax. I do enough during the week.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/283/190

Thanks everyone for posting!

I guess I just need to keep myself busy, though I realize it doesn't hurt to take a break once and a while. I guess I'm just anxious and tend to want to be always doing something, or else the weight might not come off.

I've been reading lots of stories on here, and that really been helping, so thanks!
Luv2Sing777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 171/142/140

Height: 5'3"

I will also come here for motivation!
BUT another thing that has helped me tremendously is
I also have a weight loss buddy.

We are just a couple of soccer moms who want to do better. She does WW, and I calorie count. Its nice having someone to help you when you feel down, lazy and weak. We often text one another during the day with what we have eaten, she tells me her points and I tell her my calories. Funny thing is, we've discovered that her points total is very similar to my daily calorie total. So we are coming at it from separate directions, but our net is the same! She helps me more that she realizes!
Jonjaxmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #11  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I clean a lot & spend time yelling at my husband.

I know what you mean about "weekends" tho - the routine is SO very different from my Mon-Fri 9-5 days.

Actually, I *do* clean a lot. In fact, I was cleaning so much yesterday, that it was 3:30 before I realized that I hadn't had any lunch!

And during the spring/summer/early fall I LOVE to swim & beach & bike & etc, so I'm outside a lot. There's something about 90+ degree weather that makes me not want to eat so much. Maybe because it's so ding-dang hot that I drink extra amounts of water so that stalls my hunger level more often? Humph, makes sense I reckon!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote