Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #76  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Had a bowl of organic wheat squares with almond milk: 119

BUT my momma is taking me to Mickey d's for breakfast so...let's see how that goes..
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #77  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Berry - a power walk works too! Great job getting in an awesome workout! You are doing so wonderfully!!!!! I look at where you were even when I joined this thread and your progress is absolutely amazing!!!!

Katie - that totally happens to me! TOM is not friendly visitor to our weight loss endeavors. Before I hit plateau though... as long as I kept pushing my workouts and such, I would hold steady during TOM and then once I lost water weight, I would experience a whoosh. The body will know if you are holding it to plan or not - weird right? Just thought I would share

Diana - I haven't had issues since my youngest was 3. I had a bad strep infection, they couldn't determine the strain and I ended up inpatient in hospital. Dr at that time said tonsils would have to come out cause I was an "at risk" person for a repeat. Due to insurance reasons, that was not done at the time and never had a problem again... til now. I left work early again yesterday once the sweats and shakes started and I have called out completely today - no need to keep trying my hand at that. I work phones and computer work, but field 1400+ calls/day... not easy on my throat at all and think it may be why I can't get over the hump? I did workout last night though. You would think it would make me feel worse or be pushing too hard, but I have to tell you... I felt BETTER after :O I did plug in a dvd and keep it in the house so I didn't have to worry about the elements effecting the tonsils/possible fever - also, if I felt weak or whatever I could stop and be smart. But not sure if it was the endorphins or what... it felt great

I discovered a muscle set with Tae Bo that is not getting worked with my walking/running, tennis, or gym.... ouch Which means that will be added to my workouts for mixing things up. I truly want to make sure I am doing all I can to equal out all the muscles Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Kassie-Sounds like a yummy and healthy breakfast. If you are going to a fast food place it might be helpful to think about what you will order before you get there. Check out sites to find nutritional info or even just google healthiest food to eat at that MCD place. I find for me it is better to plan ahead what I will get and allow it into my points or calories, but I count points, and then I won't go over or regret my choice. Good luck and be sure to report back.

My goal now is to get some walking in between today and this weekend as I have no planned exercise. And to stay within points, I WI Sundays. I find weekends challenging overall. I just want to go wild at times.

Have a good morning everyone.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I have probably asked this before:

Does anyone here use a food scale? Any particular recommendations? Please post a link to the specific model. I don't see reviews, but here's some at BBB:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/Sear...str=food+scale

Another question:

Does anyone here use a small food processor? I don't need anything big, but was thinking about getting a small one.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/styl...nt=0&ipp=1000&

Here's a small one I was looking at, but what the difference between a food processor and a food chopper?

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...538555&RN=435&
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #80  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

My food scale is really old, but it's by Salter and they are highly recommended. I use it mainly for baking though, so it's for large capacity too.

And I have a food processor by cuisinart. again, really old - like 16 years old, but it's done well for me. I use it a lot. I grind nuts in it, make peanut butter, make salsa, chop onions, make pesto sauce, etc. The new cuisinarts have a large bowl and small bowl for different size jobs. WHen this one dies, I'll get a bigger and better model, but this one, though yellowed, shows no sign of dying.

I used to have a tiny cuisinart food processor for things like garlic, but I hated it. IT was a lot to clean and store for such a small capacity. Instead, I got a food chopper that you whack on top to manually chop- mine is from pampered chef, but they sell them all over the place. The food chopper I use for garlic, herbs, shallots, but it would be inconvenient or even impossible for onions unless you already cut them fairly small and just want to mince to make smaller.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Itsmyturn thanks! I really hope I see the woosh about a week from now! Its really depressing when you only lose 2 lbs in 3 weeks!

Diana The scale I use is from when I was doing LA Weight Loss and I love it. It has a box that sits on top of it so you can weight just about anything! As far as small food processors go, we have a Magic Bullet. Great for smoothies in the summer and great for chopping up small stuff. Don't have a link for either of them but you can probably find the scale on Ebay and google the Magic Bullet.
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #82  

Cutest thing today! I got back from my walk, if you haven't seen my newest post titled Woohoo!!! I cut my mile by 3 mins this morning from the first time I went walking a few weeks ago, being so excited I called my parents and told them. When I got off the phone my 3 year old daughter, Clara, started running around the kitchen, dining room and living room. When she was asked what she was doing she said, "I have to exercise!!!". Looks like I'm doing something for myself and her!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #83  
Trying to live below 200

Kassiebby How did it go at Mickey D's?

Itsmyturn Are you feeling better? I hope so, since the weekend is here. Feel better and enjoy your weekend! I normally workout even if I feel bad. It always makes me feel better. Especially some good cardio.

Pluckypear Did you get your walk in? Keep your focus this weekend. You can do it.

Berry Thanks for the info. I looked at BBB tonight but didn't buy anything. My solution to indecision is to do nothing.

KatieAlyse I saw the Magic Bullet at BBB tonight. I still don't know what I want. My money is safe for now. Great job on being a good example for your DD.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #84  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1460 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (690 calories)
Zuppa Toscana 200 calories
Venetian apricot chicken 400 calories
1/2 dark chocolate bar 90 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Bonus Abs
TF Fire 55EZ w/weighted gloves
Old 03-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #85  

Well TOM got the best of me tonight. Ordered pizza but I got the spinach artisan pizza from Dominos and it was only 150 per slice and I had it in the budget so I had 3 pieces. Pretty good too.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

I want to purchase a digital food scale. It would be good for me to learn what 3 ounces of chicken is for example.

I used the rest of my weeklies so must stay within points tomorrow as it is the last day before weigh in.

I am going to the farmer's market for some fresh fish and to see if any greens are up early with this warm weather or at least to meet the farmers and get some of their root veg from storage. Maybe there will be some greenhouse stuff.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #87  

Oh, this might be the perfect thread to join if you all don't mind someone only needing to loose 10lbs.

To qualify I'm new on this forum and looking for somewhere to be accountable and give/receive support. i do exercise quite a bit, and have maintained a relatively low weight.. However, I am in recovery since '91 from a very serious bulimia with extreme binging and have struggled with food since age 16.

Recovery has been about spiritual and psychological balance and keeping a good eye on the food. As of lately the weight has been creeping on a bit and it would be very helpful to have a place to be accountable with it.

Is this a good thread to join, does anyone have other thread suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by kathydee; 03-23-2012 at 11:28 PM.
kathydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

I think it was officially pizza day for me *lol8

Morning Weight 371.0

Breakfast
Lemon Greek Yogurt 140
Pear 100
Sub Total 240

Lunch
Uno’s Tomato and Cheese Deep Dish Lunch Special( Tossed Salad 1/2Tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette and Tomato and Cheese Deep Dish ) 1740 (Ugh how does this figure .. But when I looked it up that’s what it is … anyone got any ideas? Well other then not to get pizza from uno‘s anymore…. Their goat cheese and veg wrap is good I should stick with that from now on *lol* )
Sub Total 1740

Dinner
Hamburger Pizza 600
Look to the bottom 320
Sub Total

Daily Total

Water 72 plus 2 24 oz containers with the 12 oz cherry Pepsi’s full ice ( 320c)

I woke up with a store ear and my tonsil on that side hurting. I do not feel hurt or anything anywhere else but there. Ugh

Tomorrow is family hair cutting day *lol* … My mom is getting her hair done ( you know the whole color cut and what ever else there is ) so every other time she takes my dd and she gets her hair cut .. Well every other time my dd gets hers done I get mine done any other time I pick up dd from the parlor and we leave my mom to finish her hair since dd can get her hair cut while the beautician is waiting on my mom’s hair to do its thing. … I am trying to decide between just getting a trim and letting it grow out again or getting it chopped and going for a new style … Herm *lol* )
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #89  

Opps double posted

Last edited by qtkitty; 03-24-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #90  

kathydee~ a couple pounds or hundreds .. the fat can be stuborn .. your very welcome here