Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 10:40 PM   #61  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

{{{HUGS}}} wildfire! I wish you didn't have to deal with a definate daughter! I will send some good energy your way...Keep the faith my friend!

I am around and I check everyones post, but nothing much to say. Today was a trip in the City. I think my to buy list is accomplished for my house. Now to tackle my to do list!!!! I am so happy to have patio chairs for my back yard.

I am doing great excersice wise. Now, eatting can improve but it is 100% better from this time last week! PROGRESS!

I tried to find some spring clothes today. What a laugh. It will have to wait till I am in Vegas. I will go w/ an empty suitcase if need be. I am dog sitting for my dad and tonight is the first night of 10. My cat refuses to come down my BIG tree. I hope I don't have to go get a ladder come morning. Yes...she will stay up there all night if she won't budge. I am too tired to drive.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:15 PM   #62  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Did nothing today but shop for beads, go to Curves and learn square stitch (beading, again)! Tomorrow must write as covering festival on Saturday! Was three pounds down on scale (mine) but ate 2720 calories, so ...

Wildfire: What a bad, bad time you are having with DD ... and so glad you found her. Probably staying with cousin is a great idea.

Speaking of which, I'm assuming everyone has seen the news ... Elizabeth Smart being found safe and hopefully sound? It is a strange story with lots of questions left unanswered, but what matters is she's ok.

Re Curves: I really do like it. Can see Punkin's point about the outdated science, but it was fun today and I ignored all rules about not doing aerobics on the aerobics platform (it's actually a recovery platform they told me and I was supposed to recover but I did walkaerobics type stuff on it and jogged in place a lot, as did most everybody). But there was a good mix of ages and the instructor was fun and motivating.

Kaylets: Good luck on your interview! My only comment might be to think carefully whether you'll mind a commute of over an hour ... I speak from painful experience of such!! But it'll probably be great ... hope you get it if you decide you want it!

What is BJ's?

I don't worry too much about the future anymore ... so many bad things have happened in my life that I'm just so over it ... something like the old joke: "They said, 'Cheer up, kid, things could be worse, so I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse!'"

What will happen will happen, we can only control our reactions to events, not the events themselves ... well, actually, we can control events to some extent ... anyhow, I digress ... what we need to do is stay strong and get fit because we can't help ourselves or anyone else if we don't do that!

Arabella: That date shake looks 500 percent healthier than the ones at Dateland, Arizona!!! I'm going to get the stuff tomorrow and try it in my smoothie machine! Thanks! BTW, thou canst focus energy at Amrantha any ol' time ... is that like reiki? I'm really rethinking the two five hour seminars I signed up for ... I'm wondering if I can make that kind of time commitment right now or if it'll be worth it to do so.

Eydie: It must be hard being a chef and not eating everything in sight! You are stalwart and an inspiration ... can you just take tiny, tiny bites? Dunno about that spitting out ... could lead to trouble!

Wsw: Sometimes it's good to have a high food day ... have you ever tried any of the wendy-like plans? Keeps the metabolism humming along!!!

Ceara, Dollar, Scooby: and anyone else unmentioned also:

SPRING BUNNIES AND ROISTERERS OF ALL STRIPES AND MANIFESTATIONS, LISTEN UP, WE ARE GONNA DO THIS SPRING CHALLENGE UP IN FINE STYLE!!! WE ARE GONNA MEET ALL OF OUR GOALS AND ALONG THE WAY HAVE SOME FUN, GET NEW JOBS (IF WE WANT 'EM)! WE ARE GONNA BE FIT AND AND READY FOR ANYTHING THE WORLD HAS TO THROW OUR WAY!!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to shout! YES, YOU DID, AMARANTHA!!!

Well, yes I did.

Ok, let's do this thing.

Will we succeed?

YOU BET!

Avanti!
Old 03-13-2003, 06:30 AM   #63  

Smile Terrific Thursday!

Hello all!

Running late this am-- Misplaced my glasses, at least I know exactly where the "spare" pair are.

Yes, Empress, this is exacttly my point about the commute but I don't want to be wondering later..........

Today's thought is:"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential"- Sir Winston Churchill

To today's best choices!!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:59 AM   #64  
Momma Frog

Good Morning all!!!

Sorry I haven't checked the boards in a while. I've been so busy with work and with the wedding! Saturday is our 1 year engagement anniversary. We've actually been together 4 years.
I still have so much to do for this wedding!! I didn't realize how much work I was in for!

I'm happy to report that since the first part of february, I've lost 15lbs!!! And I'd like to welcome a new member to my family!! My new scale!!!!!!!! It's so much better than the old scale. As of yesterday it said 219 as opposed to my old scale which had me stuck at 224 for weeks. I was thinking, I couldn't possibly weigh the same, none of my pants fit anymore. They are all falling off of me. I'll get an "official" weight to you guys tommorow.

I have an appointment this evening to get my hair "fixed" from the color fiasco a week or so ago. It just keeps getting worse. Dark brown here I come!!!

Have a good day!
Old 03-13-2003, 09:06 AM   #65  
deleted2

Wildfire, how are you holding up? You must've been beside yourself and felt the full range of emotions. Must've been so scary, and then you probably wanted to throttle her! I can't imagine....We're here for you--let us know what's happening.

Flower, what sort of workouts are you doing?

Amarantha, 3 pounds gone! Excellent! Elizabeth Smart's return is miraculous. I saw an interview with her father a few minutes ago and the sweet man couldn't stop smiling!

Oh, and what's this about having the occasional high-calorie day? What's the logic behind that? [sounds good to me!]

Kaylets, anything new about the job or job offers? You're a hot commodity, girl!

Frogger, 15 pounds!!! You are the queen! What are you doing to have such a dramatic weight loss? Reveal all!

Have a great day, everybody. I have the day off and this is going to be 'spa day' for me. Healthy food [back to measuring and weighing], lots of working out, a home facial and for the love of all sacred, a manicure--before these cuticles wrap around my entire body! But now, that 1/2 hour bellydancing video! Time to think slithery thoughts.....

Old 03-13-2003, 09:59 AM   #66  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Marching onward.

High calorie day, did I hear? Well, I took care of that one yesterday. I'd been doing great, but then it all fell apart in the aft. Don't quite know why, fighting a depression, but -- go figure -- the binge didn't fix it!

Also, I noticed yesterday that I seemed to be making progress. Is this self-sabotage again??? This whole thing is so complex!

So, today I vow to do those things that work (healthy food, exercise, me time , etc.) and get through this. I've already done yoga and tai chi, will go for a walk after lunch.

Wildfire, how terrible that must have been for you! Oh, the stuff with our kids is the absolute worst isn't it? Sounds like you're coping well. Remember to breathe!

Eydie, your spa day sounds wonderful! I think I should plan one of those for myself sometime soon. A spa afternoon in any case!

Frogger, WTG on the 15 pounds You're going to be a beautiful bride -- and so soon!

Amarantha, 3 pounds gone! Fantastico! I admire your counting the calories on the higher calorie days. I usually just let it all slide.

Punkin, have a great (and safe) trip if I don't see you again before you go!

Ah, let's just take this day and do the best we can with it. Love to all!
Old 03-13-2003, 12:08 PM   #67  
you can call me flower

Hi all. I am really trying to stay away from bread and sugar at breakfast tim e. I eat a bowl of cereal and I am twice as hungry an hour later as I was before I ate it. So today was turkey keilbasa w/ veggies stirfried. Yummy! Sure beats a slurpee and banana bread-my favorite.

As for working out. Walking has been the majority lately. I am walking my dads 100 lb dog this week. What a workout!!!! I am walking normally btwn 20-100 minutes. I am doing situps, small weights and a lot of stair climbing. I have stairs and go up and down over and over if I can't get to leave the house. Silly but it is making a difference. I asked Chris to put my stationary bike put back together today. My gym will have to wait till more is unpacked in t he house. It will stay in the garage but there is so many boxes still in there!
Old 03-13-2003, 01:28 PM   #68  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone and happy Faux Friday!

Yes, it's not *really* Friday, but it 'tis for me since I'll be 1/4 the way to CA by this time tomarrow!

Quite the week for shopping for me - it's made me feel pretty good about myself. First the jacket and slacks - the jacket was too big and I had to sprint outta the dressing room for a size smaller (slacks fit first try) then yesterday I bought a black blouse and black bra. Now, bra shopping is normally hellish - I grabbed the blouse and 3 different bras in different styles to try - can you believe they ALL fit???? I just had to pick the most comfy... I'll be going back to buy 3 more when I get home! Oh, and the blouse fit first try too! Amazing.

Got an email from "my guy" this morning wishing me luck in my meeting in L.A. next week and saying he had no doubts I'd do great. Very sweet...

MissWashu - No, other than my short visit with my Dad in Yuma on Sunday & Monday, it's a business trip, then home. S'okay though because a few weeks after I'm home I'm getting "invaded" by my CA friends who're coming up to stay for a loooong weekend with me!

WSW - Yes, the exercise does count for something! The eating will come around...

Wildfire - OMG! I'm so sorry about your daughter. It probably is a good thing she's going to stay out of the house for awhile.

Kaylets - I was just going to say, that if your current work situation is that bad, then yes, you probably wouldn't mind the drive! I commuted to SF for 4 years. Leaving for work at 6:20am and getting home around 6:45pm. It was hellish, but it was better than where I had been - and something better did eventually come along so that I didn't have to commute anymore. Nothing's forever.

I agree too that stress is a fear of the future. Not knowing what's in store is one of the things that always freaked me out - but like Amarantha, I've (with faith too) learned that what's meant to be, is what's gonna happen and try not to, well, stress. I used to be so bad I'd make myself physically sick. Thankfully, I seem to really embrace my changed beliefs, because normally the thought of flying and this huge meeting would have me running for the bathroom.

Flower - Is the kitty still in the tree?

Amarantha - Yes, I actually gasped out loud when I read on Yahoo news about Elizabeth Smart. I thought for sure they'd find her bones years from now or something. What a true miracle that she was found in the way she was. Again, what's meant to happen - does.

Frogger - Awsome scale! Congrats on the loss too! I bet it does feel like the wedding date is zooming up on you. It seems like the closer you get to an event, the faster time goes!

That's all from me for now. Take care all and if I'm not back today, I'll "see" you all next Thursday!

Terri
( of United Airlines, big boss o' the business meeting, and primary driver of new car to CA)
Old 03-13-2003, 02:50 PM   #69  

Angry

Hello all!
It's only been 3 days since I last posted here and it's painfully obvious that I need to post more often! LOL I am going on vacation next week-will be away from a computer for 5 days--withdrawal and YIKES! LOL

Hey to all of you: I read so much, all my information is muddled, but glad to see everyone is hanging in there and making progress.
Kaylets WOW! I am SOOOO happy for you-you made it into the 160's!!! that is PHENOMINAL! I have my first goal as OUT of the 200's! I can't WAIT for that!!

I have still been eating out with co-workers, but I have them going to better places (like Wendy's and Subway)-I am learning that I'm not the only one who is wanting or needing better eating habits! I also have been bringing more food with me to work--for 'snacking' I am finding that I am actually eating a lot (meaning frequently) yet I still keep losing. I think this must be a "key" for me! I'm glad I've found yet another tidbit that works for me-maybe it will for someone else, too.

I am proud to say I lost another pound as of today (my weigh day is Thursday for some unknown reason)...I have been eating lots of veggies/fruits and still drinking lots of water. I have begun (just the last few days) using weights for my upper body and working on crunches. I still do the cardio, but am incorporating weights now.
I have increased my fiber and am enjoying how "full" I seem to stay, although my calorie amount is not horrendous. I feel good about my progress so far. I know it's slow-going, but when I read all of your posts, they are so inspiring that it helps keep me motivated and reaching for my personal goals!

I do have to say to Eydie....belly dancing sounds FUN -what a different way to get some cool exercise! FUN

Happy Thursday to each of you! We are "this close" to Friday!!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:21 PM   #70  
you can call me flower

Kittie came down out of the tree several times only to get spooked and go back up. She is outside hiding somewhere. I wish she'd come out so I could bring her in the garage at least. She would be safe, warm and comfy. She's probably napping in a nearby shed. At least I know she knows how to get away from dogs and get down trees. She is an indoor/outdoor cat since day one. I am not worried about her.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:14 PM   #71  
Is it Friday yet?

Oh good Flower, glad she's self sufficient enough to take care... My 16 pound Maine Coon is an indoor/outdoor too and I don't worry about her either (at 16 pounds, what's gonna mess with her?).

Ha, indoor/outdoor, sounds like carpeting, not cats!

Hottie - Yea, we're a chatty bunch! I'm with you on the withdrawl - I'll be gone 'til Thursday of next week and I'm already dreading it... although I know on Thursday I'll have lots of time to sit and read!
Congrats on shifting the food places with your co-workers too!

I'm outta here - the power's already gone off twice because of the wind!

See you all next week!

Terri
Old 03-13-2003, 06:53 PM   #72  
wsw

hi ladies! today has been better for me with the food; still not quite where i was recently, but definitely going in the right direction. i went back to writing down what i ate today. eydie- your 'spa day' sounds very relaxing and pleasant. i hope you enjoyed it. i had a partial one myself. i received a gift certificate for the day spa near me (for a birthday present last week) and i used part of it up on a manicure this afternoon. it was great!) i had the "spa manicure" with extra lotions and hand, arm massaging and this neat peppermint mask which felt so good on these poor dry hands of mine. i felt so pampered--it was wonderful! i have enough left on the gift certificate to have 2 more manicures and i've already made an appt. for next week. i feel so decadent!

punkinseed-hope you have (or had-by the time you may be reading this) a good trip! hottie, amarantha, and frogger-congrats on the lbs. lost! wildfire-that must be/have been so stressful worrying about your daughter. so glad she's safe, at least. kaylets-sounds pretty smart to keep all your options open regarding job offers. good luck with the interview and whatever you decide to do. flower-glad to hear the exercise is going well. hi to ceara, dollar, scooby, arabella, and everyone else. hope you all have a good evening. i do read all your posts and enjoy knowing how you are all doing. if i don't respond to each of you individually very often, it is only because i sometimes have trouble with blurred vision and some typing problems (manual dexterity not so good at times) due to ms. i want you to know though that i am thinking of each of you and wishing you all the best-always. take care.

wsw
Old 03-13-2003, 07:54 PM   #73  

Good evening all, Im still playing catch up here trying to get back in touch with you all. So I have decided what my goal for the challenge will be, I had a bit of a set back this week I went up 1.2 I was a little disappointed, I have decided that I would like to get to the 92lb mark by the end of this challengeso that means I have to lose 6lbs I think I can do that. I go back to the doctor the 25th of this month and Im really hoping he will take me off my blood pressure pilss altogether. Im down to 20 mg of the meds he has been taking them down 10mg at a time but Im hoping to convince him to let me stop all together we have been working on this since Sept.

I really hope that I make this challenge I seem to have fallen just a tad short on the others but I will give it a good trying. Im starting a get fit class on the 24 it is only once a week but I should be able to do the work out at home as well. nce the weather improves i will be able to get back to my walking, I have been using an air walker during the winter but I haven't been on it for the last 3 weeks because I was so knocked off my feet from the cold I have had all this time and I didn't want to miss any work so the exercise was on the back burner which is too bad because I had worked myself into a nice little routine. Well I have to run because I need to clean the humidifer for my grandson for bed i'll be back soon.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:01 PM   #74  

Smile Terrific Thursday!!

Hello all!

Well, go figure! The "Big phone call" was to a general Human Resource mailbox. I wonder if I misunderstood my voicemail, perhaps they were asking me to call to arrange a phone interview.
I thought about calling from my car by cell phone but wasnt sure how long they needed so tried from my desk when most of the dept went to the cafe for breakfast snack. I asked for the woman who called me but was immeaditately put into the general HR voice mail. So I told them I was interested but had no privacy at my desk and that I hoped they call me at home . So we'll see.

DH and I were able to meet for supper, me on the way home from work, he was on the way bowling. We both had Home Style Tofu. He likes his firey hot and spicy- not I . I wanted something different than the usual "Buddhist Delight".

DH says I looked exhausted and I think part of it is the rain making my sinuses swollen. But there's no point in forcing myself to stay up so I'm going to run some dishes thru the dishwasher and call it a night.

Take care all-- Punkin-- We miss you already!!
Old 03-13-2003, 08:44 PM   #75  

Wildfire - stay strong. How difficult it must be. Hope dd's self destructive stage ends quickly and that cousin is able to help her sort out some thinking while she's thee.

Safe trip, Punkin - we'll miss you.

Kaylets, figuring out all these job moves IS exhausting. Hope you get lots of rest. Would hate long commute myself but as P. said, nothing's forever.

Also congrats to those who had the weight loss payoff this week. I'm still all over the place and am (I hope) stay off scale for a while. I peeked the day before weigh in and was 213 and feeling good. Weigh in day I was 215.8 again and this morning 214. So I think I'm going to use the Pants-o-meter for a few days or until I lose enough to stop this scale silliness. Bought a new outfit this afternoon and pants size turned out to be a great improvement. Also, through a series of store sales, coupons, and a buy 12, get one free card, I got both (Dunner) for 21.60. I figured out I need three things yet to be sort of set for spring and well into summer so I'll just concentrate on those over the next weeks. this was an "extra"

Anyway, again I'm far behind on reading posts (and I don't think I was away very long). So to all unmentioned yet, have a good one and at least I'll be reading all if not responding individually right now.
Closed Thread