Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:238 CW:224.6 GW:120

Height: 4' 11"

Default When you walk or drive by fast food and smell it!

I'm a junior in college. And good lord we have everything you can think of eating! Chick Fil A, Papa Johns, Coyote Jacks, Asian Express, Sushi Bar, Qudoba, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Etc.
So I'm walking to class. And I smell it... Starbucks.... I can just walk in, get my caramel macchiato and zoom to class.... I never think about cravings, and then I smell them! And it's horrible! So what do you guys do to fight cravings that you can literally smell?!

Last edited by AlyN; 03-15-2012 at 01:55 PM.
AlyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #2  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

I guess there will come a time when those aromas don't do in your diet. I can't stomach the smell of the burger joints or fried chicken places. Literally, makes me feel a bit ill. Coffee? Yes, but I can get a flavored with skim, or a nonfat latte and I'm good to go. I feel ya tho. You have to just keep walking on by--and never be hungry when you do.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Smell something else? Perfume? Essential oils? Mint? Something you can carry in purse?

And keep trying to clean up your diet. I found that once I am eating clean what used to smell yummy fast food smells greasy ick.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyN View Post
Starbucks ... I can just walk in, get my caramel macchiato and zoom to class.... I never think about cravings
If you're serious about losing weight you should consider never having one of these again or at least severely limiting them. Over 200 calories and loaded with sugar...

As for the smell it is certainly an issue for most people ... so just try to limit your exposure. If you plan ahead you can bring your own food and never have to get near that stuff.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote