Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Default Gym confessions

I hate to admit it, but I love that my gym is emptying out. The madness of the 1st of the year with resolutions made it impossible to get a machine at times, especially in the evenings.

On the bright side, there are a few people I notice there everyday around the same time as I am. And I love looking for progress with any of them because it keeps me motivated

So Because of this I thought we could start a gym confessions board. Here's the rest of mine

1) I use attractive men I regularly see at the gym as motivation to keep going when I feel like slacking off.

2)I choose machines next to people that are working extremely hard because it helps me push myself.

3) I secretly dislike the tiny petite girls that wear only sports bra's and barely touch the equipment

4) I love seeing heavier people work hard at the gym, and I feel so proud that they're committing to this

5) I secretly love to sweat. I love that feeling during and after exercising where i'm completely soaked.

6) I hate watching the men check out TINY women at my gym, but secretly wish I was one of the people they we're looking at

7) I won't go to the gym without a shower. The gym is something I do right after I wake up, so I'll end up showering and getting ready, only to sweat and become stinky...and then i'll take another shower

What are some of yours?

Last edited by baker23; 03-03-2012 at 06:26 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I think it's good that you are so honest!

I wish I could say things were freeing up in the gym near me, but they are not, but then, I never saw that they got a surge at the beginning of the new year either. It might be differeent because it's a community association that runs the gyms and if you join, you join all gyms and community pools and with premiere membership for a wee bit more, you get free classes and you can sign up for classes in advance so there is no mad rush to find a spot.

Anyway, my confessions.

1. I like seeing that I can now work harder than some of the other women in the classes I go to p. when I started, I was by far the worst in class.

2. I get some secret satisfaction that in the weights class that in almost every muscle group I can lift more than my husband (low weights, high number of reps).

3. It felt great today to see in the class of 30 that I and another girl had the most weight on our bars for some muscle groups (I have a ways to go for some other muscle groups). When I started, I had the least.

4. I like it when guys check me out. Makes me realize that I'm more fit and not so ancient yet that guys can't find me attractive.

5. I secretly would love to be an instructor for the classes, but seriously don't have the coordination, but dream I did!

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #3  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

1. I MUST put the towel I'm given during my work out over the calorie monitor

2. I usually get a cup of tea after my work out, hot or not

3. During the warmer seasons, I always reward my work out with a jump into the gym's pool

4. I text my friends about what I've lost when I do weigh myself.

5. This isn't at the gym, but I watch weight loss shows, like the biggest loser and Made and stuff to keep me going

6. I upsets me to see the skinny people get on the scale and then get mad when they weigh 110 and they are 5'10...
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #4  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
1) I use attractive men I regularly see at the gym as motivation to keep going when I feel like slacking off.
Ditto!!! Though I'd NEVER confess that one to my husband.

2) I mouth the words to the songs on my ipod as I'm working out. Noticeably, and without shame. Sometimes with my eyes closed if I'm on a piece of equipment where I don't need to balance so much (stationary bike, eliptical). I'm sure people at the gym think I'm crazy.

3) I mentally count down the minutes, or percentages of time, during my cardio workouts to get me through them. '60% done, only 40% to go', etc.

4) I pay attention to what the people near me are doing on their equipment - their speed, incline/resistance, etc. Wishing I could run as fast as her, or as naturally as him.

5) I'm ALWAYS worried I smell when there is someone on the piece of equipment right next to mine. I don't think I do (even though I sweat like crazy), but I'm paranoid about it and find it very distracting. I never get on a piece of equipment next to someone unless it's pretty full and I don't have a choice.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
2) I mouth the words to the songs on my ipod as I'm working out. Noticeably, and without shame. Sometimes with my eyes closed if I'm on a piece of equipment where I don't need to balance so much (stationary bike, eliptical).
OMG I do this too. Glad to see I'm not alone.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #6  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

I stare at the hot guys.

It's the only reason I go to the gym. I would just work out at home, but if I go on weekends with my husband then not only do I get to watch him work out, but I have a whole room full of good looking men It's pretty much a dream come true.
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

berryblondeboys- That sounds amazing. I just do planet fitness so I don't have access to any classes there...

Quote:
I mouth the words to the songs on my ipod as I'm working out. Noticeably, and without shame. Sometimes with my eyes closed if I'm on a piece of equipment where I don't need to balance so much (stationary bike, eliptical).

GAHHHH I do this too =D...I don't even care if people notice and i'm sure they do

Last edited by baker23; 03-03-2012 at 08:53 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I HATE HATE it when people go on the machine next to me when there are plenty of empty ones everywhere else. I have actually moved machines (probably too dramatically) when people take one right next to me and there are empty ones all over the place. I understand when it is busy... but if I'm the only one working out in a row of 10 and someone takes the one right next to me... makes me rage a little.
I have also moved machines when perfume gone wild decides to work out next to me... I can't gag and run at the same time.

1 I don't care how I look when I go to the gym. I throw my hair up and put on whatever is clean... I'm there to get sweaty and gross anyway.

2 I run to Army Cadences ... and I mouth them and when they clap I keep the beat tapping my fingers to my palms.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #9  
IR/PCOS

S/C/G: 187lbs/ticker/143

Height: 5' 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsgurl0531 View Post
I HATE HATE it when people go on the machine next to me when there are plenty of empty ones everywhere else. I have actually moved machines (probably too dramatically) when people take one right next to me and there are empty ones all over the place. I understand when it is busy... but if I'm the only one working out in a row of 10 and someone takes the one right next to me... makes me rage a little.
Oh my gosh, YES! This drives me insane. I like space.

Some weird things I do:

- I always use this one treadmill and always do my weights in the same area of the gym. And, as irrational as this sounds, I always HATE it when people are either using my treadmill. It puts me in a ****, and my routine just goes haywire (OCD, much? )

- I listen to really corny music when I run on the treadmill, and I listen to it loud (yes, I'm one of those). It's the only thing that will keep my going.
Meeel4121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #10  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

I love this thread! I'd totally be motivated by hot men at the gym, but alas, I work out at home. No hot men, but also no excuses (and I can wear just shorts and my sports bra--something I would NEVER do in public!
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #11  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

When I'm on the treadmill, I pretend I'm being chased buy something...a bear...a tiger...etc. XD
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #12  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Haha fun thread

1) I love it that people think I'm nuts for lifting so much. I also love that apparently they think I lift my body weight (not quite, lol)

2) I love it that I lift heavier than anyone else at the gym

3) I think it's awesome that I've inspired some of the other women at my gym to lift heavier!

4) I secretly hate people who lift the little 3lb pink weights and won't go any higher week after week and then complain about the classes doing nothing for them

5) I use everyone's discouraging comments as motivation to do even more. I rationalize this by saying that they're jealous.

6) I love getting compliments.

7) I hate it when someone is too close to me during the group fitness classes. It throws me off.

8) I hate the people who show up late to the classes...it throws the class off! Come on time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeel4121 View Post
- I always use this one treadmill and always do my weights in the same area of the gym. And, as irrational as this sounds, I always HATE it when people are either using my treadmill. It puts me in a ****, and my routine just goes haywire (OCD, much? )
I'm the same way! I have a certain spot I like to be in for all of the classes I go to at the gym when someone else is there it drives me nuts!! I also won't move if people ask because it throws off my routine. I always get to the gym early so I can get my spot, haha!

It's a certain spot in the back...I've been in that spot for nearly 8 years. I'm not about to change it up now!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #13  

Height: 5'2"

not really a confession, but i haaate when people overwork machines. a while back there was this guy who was doing the elliptical like, off the charts. those things are only meant to go so fast. and ya wonder why every other machine is creaky and ready to fall apart. UGH. i just wanted to yell at him, to just get on a treadmill if you want to go faster.

i also saw someone doing dips on the arms of one of the treadmills. why? its not meant for that. go to the weight floor for that.
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassiebby1124 View Post
6. I upsets me to see the skinny people get on the scale and then get mad when they weigh 110 and they are 5'10...
I liked this one Kassie Baby! I was watching Live With Kelly and Kelly Ripa made the comment that she hates to get on the scale! Is she afraid she shot up to 100 lbs???????? LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-04-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #15  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
I liked this one Kassie Baby! I was watching Live With Kelly and Kelly Ripa made the comment that she hates to get on the scale! Is she afraid she shot up to 100 lbs???????? LOL
LOL that's like a friend of mine. About the same height as me and she freaks out if she hits triple digits on the scale!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote