Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 07:32 AM   #16  

Good morning ladies!

Essey: Hello to you! I worked at a YWCA abuse shelter several years ago and it is certainly interesting. You will find that many of these women still want to go back to the abuse. Our location was secret though spouses and boyfriends would find the building they could not get upstairs, but these women would see them downstairs and want to go talk to them! Amazing how the mind can be brainwashed. Good luck on you classes.

Carree: I quit my job in August because my boss's daughter worked (well actually DIDN'T work) for her and I would end up with someone elses work to do so that this other person could do the daughter's work. I got fed up and quit and found out that about 2 weeks later they fired them both. I just talked to someone that works there yesterday and the President has gotten booted along with two of his cousins that he had hired and the whole company was sold to the man that was the president when I started there. Brother!

Jana: Hope you had a great time with you daughter and her friends!

Kat: The lady I spoke of would pet you, then whack you one when you weren't looking!

Well, gotta go.

Donna
Old 03-09-2003, 08:30 AM   #17  
GmaTo8

Hi everyone,

CARREE!!!!!! So glad to hear from you! Sorry your boss is such a pain. I had a boss once that would kick the trash can and punch the walls when he was mad, which was all the time. My stomach would be in knots before I ever got to work. I got out of there as soon as I could. About 10 years later, the guy ate a bullet. Sad.

essey - don't you just love starting new classes?

Donna - The 2 birthday girls even ran the sweeper after the party. The only evidence that there was a party here is the bd cards on the piano.

Had a nice visit with and old friend from Florida yesterday. She and I have been buds for 35 years, and she is younger dd's Godmother. We looked at pictures and did a lot of gabbing since we had a lot to catch up on. She hadn't been here for 5 years. It is so nice to visit with someone who knew you "when".

Have a great Sunday ladies, and I'll see you later!
Jana
Old 03-09-2003, 08:59 PM   #18  
Fit and Feisty

Angry Back to Weight Watchers meetings!

This Wednesday evening I am getting my bippy back to attending WW meetings. I am going to sit in the front row (okay maybe next to front row) and I am going to go every single week! No matter how much I have heard it all before....no matter how boring I think it is......no matter that I practically fall asleep in meetings.....

If I know so darn much why am I so far over my goal?

ENOUGH ALREADY! READY....ALL TOGETHER NOW....WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE FAT ANOTHER SUMMER!

Have a great week!
Love,
carree
Old 03-10-2003, 06:24 AM   #19  
GmaTo8

Happy Monday morning, ladies!

Carree - you sound very determined to take the bull by the horns! Way to go, girlfriend! Will you share your meeting topics with us? All of us Jaded Ladies could use the in-put of the discussions.

Hi to everyone else...

DD and I went to the mall in a nearby town yesterday. She had some birthday money burning a hole in her pocket and I was up for it, so we braved the Sunday mall crowds. All I bought was a new summer purse and a nightie. She went into every appropriate store and came home with only $6 left, but really got some bargains. A Power Shopper in the making! Makes me kinda proud... lol.

TTFN,
Jana
Old 03-10-2003, 11:02 AM   #20  

Carree you can do it and with your incentive makes me want to try harder.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #21  

Morning, another week behind me! I lost 3.8 lbs last week!! I am really on cloud nine. I started walking last week. Yesterday I walked two miles in the morning and two miles in the afternoon. I've already walked a mile on the treadmill this morning. I AM DETERMINED TO DO THIS!!!

JANA, sounds like the party went off without a hitch!! How old was your daughter, I must have missed that post or either I forgot!! Which is possible. "I have some-timers" LOL

CARREE, good for you. Have you tried ww online? That is what I'm doing now. Just hang in there, take one day at a time, you can do it.

DONNA, I have always wanted to volunteer at the abuse shelter. I know how those ladies feel, I was one of them at one time. I know how their minds work. I know the fear of being alone, the fear of not making it and I know how it feels to hope beyond anything that that person will change. I was very fortunate, my ex-husband found another woman which made my leaving easier. But many women are not that fortunate and they risk their lives by leaving. Stats show that violence gets worse once the woman leaves. Leaving the abuser is the most frightening decision a woman can make.

My own daughter is in an abusive relationship now. I asked her and my granddaughters to come back home, but she has too much pride for that. Right now she is saving as much money as she can so that she can get her another place. She is currently pregnant with her third child and hoped beyond hope that this guy would change. I've involved his mother at one point and we have managed to constantly have someone coming in and out of her home. That way if the bruises are there we can act on it. He knows that I will call the police on him in a heartbeat. The physical abuse has seem to stopped but the verbal and mental hasn't. She has finally come to the conclusion she must leave, right now she is biding her time.

Well, I've seem to have ranted enough. I have a strong reaction to the subject.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Hi Essey and Kat.

Ruth

Last edited by short & sassy; 03-10-2003 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:22 PM   #22  

Hey ladies!

I revved up this am and got to work and finished cleaning the house, packed my books, separated and labeled my snacks and put together the dog's bag for the boarder. I am anxious to go, but it is so COLD there! I hope my dgs has a good time because that is the whole reason for going.

Ruth: You were indeed lucky. Most abusers are also stalkers. It is very difficult to understand what propels a man to violence against someone he loves or at least says he loves. I am sorry, but I cannot see love when you are slapping, punching, kicking or burning your spouse. The children are very needy also. Their mom cannot provide for them emotionally because she is drained of any emotions. It is a truly sad situation.

Jana: I am glad you all had a good time and Katie got to spend that money!

Caree: Do you feel you need the face to face support? Like Ruth said you can always join online if you don't feel you need the meetings etc. Not everyone does. You can do this I know you can! We are all in the same boat here!

Essey: Hope all is going well with you!

I am off ladies! Take care

Donna
Old 03-11-2003, 12:09 AM   #23  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Speaking of stalkers, I had one until just recently.
I met a new student/employee on campus last year and was patient enough to have a few short conversations with him (he's from Africa and speaks very little English)--evidenty a BIG mistake. I barely know the man...I've had a handful of very superficial conversations over the last 8 mo, and have actively discouraged him because even that minimal contact felt "off". I about fell off my chair a month ago when he informed me that he couldn't stop thinking about me, loved me, had loved me for a long time, and would be willing to wait for sex until I was ready. I'm thinking, "My God, I don't even want to have tea with you, let alone sex!" Not only that, the man is married with a new baby. At any rate, I'm glad that the little chat with the Dean and his boss seems to have taken the wind out of his sails.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:05 AM   #24  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Hi Essey - how's everything at your house?

Ruth - WAY TO GO on the 3.8 loss. You're doing so very well, and I'm proud of you!!! My dd is 16 now... not sure if I mentioned that. I am glad your dd is getting her ducks in a row, because I am pretty sure she will need to leave some day soon. I will keep her in my prayers that she gets the courage to do that. I know she has to be afraid of making it on her own, but things have a way of working out once the first step is taken. Is there room at your house temporarily until HUD could help her?

Donna - have a wonderful time with dd and dgs! Be sure and check in when you get back. The weather here in Indiana is supposed to warm up considerably this week.

Kat - Your stalker is the kind they make movies of! Keep an eye out for the creep, okay? How's everything going at the mental health floor?

I had a very unpleasant experience yesterday. One of the gals from my church Fellowship board just blew up at me, for no reason, and quit. I was shocked beyond belief and so hurt by her angry, unwarranted words. Then others from the church told me that she is unstable and very jealous of my position as head of the board. She was recently asked by the elders to step down as treasurer because she wasn't doing the job on time, and not correctly, either. My opinion is that what she needs most is prayers from all of us at church to get her through her problems. But I won't be calling her to ask her back. It will be hard to face her in our little congregation, but I will smile and be nice even though I may not feel that way on the inside. I am not used to handling angry, petty people. Any advice??

Well, ladies I have pulled out the clothes from last summer and the bad news is, they still fit. The good news is, at least they aren't too small. Always something to be thankful for!!

Have a good day, jaded ones!
Jana
Old 03-12-2003, 11:39 AM   #25  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Just a quick post as I streak through--its my son's birthday (14!) and I have a ton to do. The bad news: I was still fat when I woke up this morning. *grin* The good news: the scale read 118, not bad considering I had my birthday last week.

I'm sorry to hear about the blow-up at church. I was the recipeint of a similar blow-up at ours last summer, and its still akward when I run into her. I just try and keep my distance, and limit interactions to a general and safe good morning.

Off to run errands and get rid of some spring cleaning rubbish...

226/218/135
Old 03-12-2003, 11:41 AM   #26  
The Rockinghorse Gal

akward? *lol*
Old 03-13-2003, 07:22 AM   #27  
GmaTo8

good morning ladies!

I'm looking around, wondering where everyone ran off to...

Kat - Hope you had a great time with your son. Birthdays are so much fun! Although since mine is 9/11, it hasn't exactly been a barrell of laughs the past two years. BTW, thanks for the advice.

I will be helping out a family friend today, by watching her 4 y/o and 7 week old children while she goes with her sister to pick out wedding dresses for the sister. The baby basically just eats and sleeps but the 4 y/o is a gregarious handful. She likes to color and she likes Disney movies, so I'm set there, and since it should be a beautiful day, maybe we all could take a walk. It's been quite a while since I had a preschooler around for the day.

What's everyone else up to today?
Jana
Old 03-16-2003, 08:29 AM   #28  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Sunday morning, on my way off to church....see you all later on! Enjoy the weather. Its supposed to be 50 here today--the first time since last September!
Old 03-16-2003, 04:07 PM   #29  
The Rockinghorse Gal

It was beautiful outside...I even dug through 5 feet of snow to get to the laundry-tree and hung three loads.

Now I'm off the the peace-vigil, hoping to avert the prospect of another horrid war.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:37 PM   #30  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Kat - the weather here in Indiana was beautiful all weekend, and I really took advantage of it. How did the peace vigil go? The threat of war makes my stomach hurt.......

We hung baby swings for the little ones, and took pictures of their first time in them. Then I helped DH clean out a shed and worked in the yard. Today everyone came for Sunday dinner and then we went back outside for another afternoon of fresh air and sunshine. The men on the porch and the ladies over with the kids... some things never change!

Someone should start a #5 thread....

Talk to you later!
Jana
Closed Thread