Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #1  
Warrior Princess

Default frustrated

Haven't done any significant exercise since Saturday night and binged on crap all day today from food brought into work for V-Day. I'm so disappointed in my lack of will power today. I usually binge once a month (hormonal) so I won't beat myself up too bad but for crying out loud I just want to lose 12-15 pounds! There's people that lose hundreds, I have no valid excuse.

Am I crazy to think losing 10p is harder than losing 30+? I have lost 35p like nothing but the last 10-15p I have been carrying around the last 10 years has been a total PITA! Ugh!

Sorry, just need to vent. I can't stand to look at myself naked and feel envious of those that are getting somewhere. I feel stuck in neutral.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:27 AM   #2  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

today is a new day - get your penguin moving, you can do it.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #3  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

S/C/G: 291/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I usually take my weight loss 5lb to 10lb at a time, if I look at the whole picture I get really overwhelmed. Even still though getting through 10lb is tough! I just keep trucking along though and it adds up over time. TBH I wish I would have done this last year, and be sitting at maintenance now-but I am proud of myself for at least being lighter then what I was last week, even if it is only by 1lb at a time.

Dont beat yourself up to bad for over eating. One day isn't going to kill you. I had a binge weekend 2 weeks ago. Ended up putting on 3lb extra due to water weight because of way to much salt and not near as much water as I usually drink. Took me 5 days for my body to release the extra water weight. I was totally discouraged but I kept going and it came off. We all stumble from time to time. But like Kitcherella said, today is a new day! You can do it.
CocoTruffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #4  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

I completely understand, I always beat myself up when I "fall off" the wagon - last night I skipped my class and went to an awesome huge dinner after a bad day at work. I woke up feeling fat and awful - I'm also trying to get off that LAST 10 lbs [ugh] but today is a new day, all I can do is make sure I get my booty to workout class tonight and back on track. Good luck, I know that the last 10 are so hard but you are lucky to only have 10 instead of 100.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #5  
is chubby

Just eat a bit less for a few days? Not a lot less... like 50 calories less?
It's what my thin acquaintances do after they binge, they just don't eat as much the next days. I try to learn that behavior for those inevitable days like christmas etc. It actually works fine if you don't overdo it.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #6  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Stop your negative talk. Yeah ok you binged, hey we all do that! The key is to not be so hard on yourself and get back on track. How did you feel after you ate off plan? Not too good I bet? Get back on track and remember how awful it made you feel and say it's not worth it.You have a choice every time, just choose to make better choices and that you can do this, and keep going. Forgive yourself, and get back on plan. You can do it, you really can!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #7  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

no, you're not crazy at all! the closer you get to your goal weight, the harder it is to lose. so if someone starts out and they only need to lose 10 lbs, it's a lot slower than when i started out wanting to lose 10+ lbs. that 10 pounds flew off in less than a month!

just power through it, doll. a slip up now and then happens; it's what you do afterward that's important.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #8  

Don't be too hard on yourself, we all have moments like these. Don't be discouraged, I'm sure you're just going through a rough time, but things will get better. I understand why it seems harder to lose 10p than it felt losing 30, but you seem motivated enough to succeed. This is just a temporary setback, I could barely resist temptations on Vday, my best friend wanted to go out for drinks, but I said no and asked her to come over for a chick flick instead.

You should just try and exercise more these days to make up for the slacking, that's what I usually do when I have my lazy days, work harder afterwards and the guilt goes away.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote