Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

I've been dieting for 2 weeks and both weekends, i overate too much I've been keeping it around 1800-1900 on weekdays, and i figured on weekends i'd allow myself to indulge a little bit. Well, both weekends i ended up eating around 3000 calories each day (or slightly over). Enough to negate all my hard work! This weekend, i'm going to try REALLY REALLY hard to not to overeat. My plan is to eat at around maintenance, which i roughly estimate at 2400...so i can fit in some treats...but not overeat. It's a three day weekend, too...so i will really get a nice vacation from "dieting"...but "not dieting" does NOT equal binging! i need to remember that!!!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #47  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Berry LOL, I so meant to tell you how he surprised us all when I wrote how you and he out did yourselves with the lovely gestures. He's in state this week, but leaves around 3.30 in the morning to go upstate. So I'm guessing right before he left he put out a lovely red display of gifts for all of us. My daughter collects red and black roses (carved wood, silk etc) and he used those as a backdrop. I didn't even notice right off because of her red vase. Then I saw two huge heart shaped chocolate boxes and started to drool. My little bag blended right in. So he surprised us all and you know what? I didn't get anything for him! OMG and I have no idea what to get and you know everywhere will be busy. Duh, I always drop the ball and it's stinking Tuesday. I can never function after therapy. Yikes, I have no ideas.

But that's how he did it. I'm not going to put them on until he gets home tonight. I feel he should see them first on my sexy ear lobes..;bwaaahhaaaa
Old 02-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
And yes, you do burn more calories pushing a stroller. Might want to look into stroller strides as a possible thing for exercise. http://www.strollerstrides.com/
Wow thats awesome! unfortunately i'm not in the US. Would love to do something like that tho, going to try and see if there is something similar here! thanks so much for posting that!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

I have never been to a store on Vday I do not think.. Least not a pharmacy. It was to funny… guys in there looking like deer in the headlights a little out of it trying to decide what to get … walking in and out of the store… the same guys multiple times. Who knew guys put that much thought in it *LOL* or are they really that confused.. Hmmmm

Diana~ which high fiber pancakes… I saw several recipes

Berry~ I love the lunch container that thing Is awesome !!

Mamakat~ if I had my own place and people to eat the stuff I would be a baking fiend … but it is no fun to make it for yourself. Especially when you aren’t eating that type of stuff. I enjoy getting out the giant bowls and mixing stuff by hand. It has been years since I have *pouts* Oh well… and why by hand … because I have a bad tendency to burn up mixers and you can’t break an arm as easy ( exhaust yes break no )

Wow… you really got a nice present.. I follow along the lines of the other ladies and when I was with men never got presents .. I live with my mom and I do not get her anything and she will do the same.. I got my dd a new sip cup in purple and a HUGE monkey stuffy which should help her with sleeping alone at night. That is her one complaint that there is nothing to snuggle with, although she has a bunny, I don’t know how many frogs and 2 mice in her bed ( all stuffies). She has a teddy that was large when she was smaller but now that she is bigger then it she has abandoned it. Poor teddy. Although she did dress it in some of her old clothes the other day *LOL* It now has Size 6 shirt on size 5 shorts and size 6 undies and a pair of fuzzy socks that do not stay on her feet. My mom saw it laying on the floor and about had a heart attach til she realized it was a teddy bear hahaha… Opps.

Surfergirl2~ Hmm … sounds like your hungry at 1800-1900.. Perhaps investigating what your eating could help.. Leaner proteins, complex carbs, and high fiber veggies can help make you feel full longer.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #50  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Things didn't go as planned for us tonight. We didn't have any major plans, though. We actually ended up eating at one of my favorite places, Jason's Deli. DH hates Jason's. He knew I wanted to go there last weekend, but didn't get a chance to go. He suggested that we go there instead of what we had planned originally. That's true love, I tell you! The calories for my meal were fine, but I had some ice cream, chocolate syrup, with crushed up graham crackers. Those calories took me over what I normally eat. I looked up the ingredients/allergens in my "dessert" and I didn't see anything that would cause a problem. Hopefully I am OK with that. The problem is that Saturday I had a higher calorie day, yesterday was over and today was over. Tomorrow I am 100% back on plan. I know I will have a gain tomorrow, so I will have to deal with it. We didn't have the wine tonight. DH has been sick with a cold for 2 weeks. He's still taking various cold meds. I don't want him to mix alcohol with the meds. We can have the wine another time.

Speaking of our DH's and the gifts they give us. Here's a little funny. Some of you may remember me buying NYDJ's a year ago. DH saw them and described me as being "smoking a$$ hot"! Ever since then, if I ask him about what I have on, he says that I am "smoking a$$ hot". I opened my Valentin's Card this morning. On the front it mentions about all the reasons he loves me (I'm smart, sweet, etc) On the inside it says "And your smokin' hot, too".

I thought this was so funny because this is something he has been saying and I'm sure he had to really look for something like that. I also liked the idea that he thought about it. He normally gets the lovey, emotional type cards. He never gets funny type cards. I thought it was cute for him to do something like that.

Itsmyturn That is very nice of you to help a coworker out. I hope the traffic wasn't too bad. Our plans got changed up a little. We still enjoyed our Valentine's, though.

Berry What an awesome lunch you made for your little one. Did he say anything else about his lunch. I wonder if the other kids said anything.

Mamakat Congrats on the .2 and the Emeralds! Post a picture when you get a chance! We want to see your new bling!

JoJoP Chocolate shortbread sounds delish!

Bonnie+J Congrats on the walk and for working your plan!

Christaface Great job on working on those things. You don't have to make all the changes at one time.

Surfergirl Hi

Qtkitty The pancakes are high protein. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2166940-post35.html

One of my favourite things is the High Protein Pancake recipe that shows up in many places around 3FC. Delicious and wonderfully healthy. Also so simple – about ½ cup of each of Rolled Oats, Egg Whites, Light Cottage cheese (all Magic Foods) – whir around in the blender and cook like any other pancake in a non-stick pan – top with fresh or stewed fruit. I like to make a quick fruit topping to keep in the fridge by combining, in a large dutch oven, a 600 gram bag of each of frozen rhubarb, frozen strawberries, and frozen blueberries (all Magic, too). After everything thaws, stir in about ½ cup of Splenda and simmer gently for about an hour. Also makes a great topping for fat free, unsweetened Yogurt which is, of course, another Magic Food.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 2150 Calories +

It's amazing how quickly things add up.

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (1410 Calories )
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
Steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories
ice cream 300 calories
chocolate syrup 200 calories
2 pkgs graham crackers 140 calories
Dark chocolate bar 170 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Bonus Abs
#10 SD Recovery Lower Body w/10's
#10 SD Xtreme Lower Body w/10's

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-14-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 183/163.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Good evening all!

I have done well on points today. I did a little Wii Fit this morning then this afternoon my older daughter and I walked a little over two miles. Thanks to our crazy weather we had a snow day yesterday and today all the snow was melted. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal except for the lack of sleep and a cough I can't shake. I was worried about being able to walk because my right knee is about the size of a grapefruit again. So, I had to drag out the sleeve for it that I had the pleasure of wearing for eight months last year. It took about a mile to get it to where it wasn't too painful to walk. Now I really need to be working on one of my classes. It is had for a procrastinator like me because there are no due dates.

It looks like everyone had a pretty nice V-day.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'7

Today was okay. Tonight I've eaten to fullness in a way I've been trying not to. Not as bad as I used to do- grazing over the stove after eating a full plate- but a little more is all. Over all not too shabby, though...

morning: same juice as yesterday- ginger/grapefruit/carrot

late morning: again, miso soup- I'm hooked- it's so good!

lunch: raw sweet pepper "boats"- one red pepper sliced in half, each half stuffed with a mash of 1/2 an avocado, 1 green onion, cilantro, half a shredded carrot (ate the other half in sticks), salt, pepper & paprika. One of my go-to easy lunches.

afternoon snack: discovered a new low cal cookbook of mine- The Happy Herbivore- has a recipe for a single brownie- amazing! So I had to try it. Baked one for my son's teacher to take to her warm, as well. Baked them in Pyrex mugs- they were perfect. Had that and a coffee with french vanilla soy creamer.

dinner: 3 slices of Tofurkey, about 1/4 cup mushroom gravy, maybe 3/4 cup "caulipots" (yummy 50/50 cauliflower & potato mash recipe from the cookbook Appetite For Reduction), and a small scoop of roasted carrots.

dessert: one large slice of the chocolate cake included with the Tofurkey feast.

I will probably have some herbal tea and be good for the night. We just got a hot water tap installed, and it is amazing. It's a little tap to the side of the main faucet that only pours near-boiling water, so you can just grab a tea bag and have virtually instant (apart from steeping time) tea without waiting for water to boil, or fill your French press and have coffee in 3 minutes, or make instant oatmeal or whatnot. I love it. I had been boiling water for my miso soup, but now I just whisk the hot water tap water with the miso paste, and it's made instantly
Old 02-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 375.6

Breakfast
Carrot cake Pancake 170
Sub Total 170

Lunch
Reeses Heart 350 ( bad move to go get meds … totally did it to myself )
Sub Total 350

Dinner
1.25 serving Stouffer’s Escalloped Chicken & Noodles 350
Strawberry Short Cake ( pound cake, fresh strawberries, and whip cream) 350
Polenta 75
1 heart shaped chocolate 55
Sub Total 830

Daily Total 1350

Water 48

This evening I could not taste anything .. The nice ripe what my mom says are flavorful strawberries tasted like cardboard… blah

Diana~ Speak to me more about these “magic foods” What are they?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #55  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey all! Feeling much better today. I got 9100 steps in today as I waled to and from my sons school today a couple times, cooked a lot, did yoga and was just busy today.

Unfortunately, calories were still high- 1900 for today (burn should be around 2200). At school today they had sundaes, so I had a small one andnthen we made cookies at home and of course, batter got sampled and before you know it, I'm 500 calories overe my goal for the day. Diana is right- it adds up fast.

DianaI agree with you that card took thought and so it meant a lot. If only guys understood that thoughtfulness goes a long ways! And he went to the restaurant he's not keen about? Sounds like a keeper!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Height: 5ft 7

Morning ladies!
Hope everyone is feeling good after yesterday! We dont really do valentines day, so no real opportunity to go off plan. I did get a gorgeous card and inside my husband had written a beautiful paragraph, and tbh it ment more to me than anything he could buy and its really spurred me on to keep getting myself healthy.
Havent got much going on today, planning on taking the kids to the playground this afternoon. Its not far, but its better than sitting on my butt all day, and it will be good for my 4 year old to get to run around and the baby will benefit from some fresh air.

Christaface, your menu sounds so good! and that tap sounds so handy! I drink alot of tea tho, so that would prob allow me to drink so much more. Might not be a good thing!

Diana, so sweet that your husband went to a restaurant he hates cos he knows you love it! your card sounds so sweet too! definite brownie points for him! Your meal sounds so good, bet those extra calories were worth it!

qtkitty, how did your dd do with sleeping by herself last night? did the monkey help at all?

erinrenae, how is the knee? sounds very painful hun, well done on still going for your walk!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #57  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Well, yesterday turned out, I don't wanna say bad, but not so good at least for one of us My poor baby got dumped the day before V-day and only told right before I pulled out to go to New Haven. I offered to not go so that we could go do something together, he said no. He said he was fine. But ugh, now I feel guilty because I was the only one he confided in. That of course makes me feel good. I'm on an emotional roller coaster and I wasn't even dumped He didn't even ask to stay home yesterday, which as we all know I would have allowed. DH says to take him out today. I'm thinking about taking him to friendly's and letting him pig out. Then he can have a belly ache and not even think of his heartache. DH is so mad for him. I guess he can relate to high school heartache. I, of course can't and do you know what DH said "Well you were overweight in high school". OMG, he didn't just say that. Such a guy I could have had "boyfriends" I just didn't want them. BLUCK I hated boys.

Anyway on a nicer side, my dd got roses from her little boyfriend! I walked in the door and saw her putting them in one of her vases (she has so many) and asked if he got them for her. She smiled all big and said "yup". I said that it was very nice of him and to make sure to keep them away from any area I'm in. She said they were handing out carnations at school, I flipped out thinking he got her one (carnations will kill me or put me in the hospital ). She said she knew better. Ooh, don't scare me. It's fun living with kids.

Christaface I have always wanted one of those taps. We discussed it once, but with my memory trouble and my kids, we just feared having water that hot around. But now the kids are older and I'm thinking we can get a sign that hangs over it that says hot, so I remember what the heck that spout even means. I love tea, but I hate waiting.

qtkitty I got dd a huge huggie dog for V-day, guess where it is now? LOL, I cuddle with it every night. I have stuffed toys and pillows all over my bed. DH get a tiny spot. I can't sleep without hugging my big goofy dog. And in the morning when I crawl out of my menagerie I always lean on one of my latest toys. It's a cute moose meant for dogs, but I fell in love with it at the store and ds got it for me for xmas. It makes this crazy sounds like it's laughing that you can hear throughout the house. DH has rolled on it a couple of time when he's asleep He does not like my moose! I still have my teddy from when I was 5.

erinrenae great exercise yesterday and with a bad knee. I hope the swelling has gone down. Keep up the great work.

Diana I have always disliked cards, mostly for the purpose of getting one that doesn't really fit me. I just get the feeling the person just grabbed a random card and said here. On the other hand, when I was younger and expected to give cards, I hated that there was no card that described my family hindsight that probably was a good thing. I don't think mom would have liked what I was thinking in a card. SO when I'm given a card that fits me, I know the person spent time and that is special. IT's also the cards I save. Other cards I toss in a day. Well, recycle. The thoughtful cards shows the person really knows you...and if you love comedy, it's great to get a funny card. I really hate long ones that rhyme because I have no rhythm and it take me forever to get it

ItsMyTurn I hope you have an easier day today. Yay, for getting it all in. Holy smokes woman, you are amazing!

DH is out til late tonight so I'm not sure when we can get a picture of my "bling" I never put in on yesterday Oh and I didn't get DH anything...what a good wife I am (NOT). I was thinking maybe cooking dinner on Saturday. UGH, just saying that out loud made me cringe. I have no idea what I can make but I have three days to figure it out. Dinner at the table with the whole family, me cooking and cleaning up after. That sounds nice right? SAY RIGHT OK, I gotta go get the kittens off to school.

Have a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #58  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today I am facing the effects of the carbs/sugar from yesterday. I woke up feeling good and have the desire to be back on track. Have a fantastic day, everyone!

Is anyone watching the premier of Survivor tonight? I heard that there is someone on there from our area.

Calories for yesterday: 2150 +
Weigh In: 148.2
Up: 1.2 pounds (I might even have a gain for tomorrow, too, since I had the carbs/sugar last night. I have come to know what to expect with these things. )
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #59  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Berry - that lunch for yesterday was so Martha Stewart! I went "awww, perfect" out loud and DH started asking questions - when he found out it was over a lunch he seemed uninterested again, Everything all Valentine's was perfect! I sure hope you are starting to kick your cold. These dang things are holding on for life... I am sleeping better and without the Benadryl now, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel Promise!

Qtkitty - I hope you are feeling better. Were you able to get help on what was best for what you had at the Pharmacy? It's funny that so many were in there for last minute gifts.

Diana - I haven't had high protein pancakes, but we all love the whole grain pancakes in our house if that helps. Glad you still had a good V-Day even with the change of plans

Mamakat - Sounds like the jewelery was a hit for you! I am so happy for you Being surprised in the morning must have been nice Sorry to hear about your son's break up - that's not good timing at all. As for you cooking... really?? If you do, we need pics of the meal!!!!

Bonnie - Heading to the playground sounds like a wonderful idea for sure! Hope you are able to get that in and all of you benefit from it

Ok, think I am all caught up with ya'll now Woohoo!
Today is back to normal at work so hoping to fit in more than just a walk today - actually want to finally get back to my strength training tonight. I know I will be sore tomorrow since it's been so dang long, but it would feel soooo good to do it Thank you all for your kind words too - you all rock! I made it through the traffic with minimal cussing (only when I would get cut off while traveling at speeds around 75-80... seriously... you are in that much of a hurry that you can't wait for MY car to get by you? You would rather risk your life and mine?? Stupid people!!!! The funny part is when there is a stand-still on the interstate not ONE person tried to cut in on me... makes no sense!!! Another day closer to my day off Friday and I am starting to look forward to it more! Hope you all have a fabulous day!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

Last night I ate a little potato chip toffee, a square of almond milk chocolate, and a couple of cocoa shortbread cookies -- I felt soooooo naughty after that! But my calories for yesterday were pretty low, and there was no difference on the scale today, so I think it wasn't *too* bad.

Odd thing: Ever since I started my diet mid January, I haven't seen any gain on the scale, only losses, BUT on the days when I don't have a loss, my weight was EXACTLY the same as the day before - always!...like, I'd step on the scale one day, and it would be 136.7, and I'd step on the scale the next day, and it would also be 136.7.....is that strange or what??
Closed Thread