Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:22 AM   #1  

Angry Christian Encouragers #167

If you would like encouragement during your weight loss journey or just to meet some really SUPER Christian folks that give support, encouragement, praise, etc... through good times and hard times you have come to the RIGHT place!!!

Pull up a chair and stay a while. WELCOME!!! Come join us!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:18 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry HOWDY

[COLOR=indigo]SHERRY~SHERRY so glad you are back and O.K.? sounds like you have had a very rough week-- so sorry for your friend and family. Congratulations on the success of your daughter She should be as proud as you are (to her it's probably " no big deal")-- just bring on the tips!! Get yourself back on track now girl-- it is your health that is of concern!!

[COLOR=orangered]Looks like we are gaining friends on this thread and losing others!! Our we that boring (speaking to the regulars? )

Still working on my new room-- close to getting the floor down so we can walk on it--without stepping through my kitchen ceiling.

The nephew has been bringing home Great reports in the science class he was struggling with-- behavior and grades-- the last month so I told him friday, if the paper I make him get signed every day is still positive, he could get a new CD or toy. WELL-- today I get, in the mail, a report that he is failing P.E. due to not dressing out, poor conduct, etc. AGHHHHH!! Now I have to figure a way to reward him as I promised on one and punish on another.

The step-d and I are doing so well together-- she even sent me an ecard birthday card today-- sweet of her (totally goes against her grain!)

Well gotta go-- my daughter's tennis match was rained out today so I can go out to eat with my wife if she wants for my birthday-- my son was in an accident today coming home from school-- no one hurt-- traffic stopped in front of him in the rain to look at an accident on the other side of the road-- he braked ( too quick?) I don't know-- he said he was under speed limit-- anyhow he did a 180 and got hit sideswiped by the car behind him-- I think the other person is at fault even though he slid-- anyhow my ex is calling her to tell her that my son's damage is less than 200 so because he feels resposible he is willing to pay for his if she pays for her minor damage-- and not run it through the insurance-- we shall see.

Checkin' out--Gary
Old 02-27-2003, 10:37 PM   #3  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary, Happy Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day! Except for that accident.......glad he wasn't hurt.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:41 AM   #4  

Hi, I was just checking my options on this site and it's great to see that there is a forum for christians. I only found these 3 mails. Does that mean this has just started or is there some button I'm not clicking? I'm just roaming around at the moment because I haven't started fighting the blub yet. I've got a work deadline April/May which will keep me running until then but after that I will have a lot of time and want to use it to get in shape. Just thought it wouldn't do any harm to get into the thinking beforehand.
Blessings
Bucer
Old 02-28-2003, 08:35 AM   #5  

Angry Friday

Good Morning EVERYONE!!!

So good to be back!!! I have been way off my eating plan the last few weeks but I'm doing what I can now to get back on track. I went to a friend's house yesterday that is doing LA weightloss and made her promise to make me accountable each day/week for what I'm eating and how much I'm losing. So, we agreed I would try to go every Monday or Tuesday and weigh in on her scales and she would stand firm. So being accountable should help me I hope.

HI Gary!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope it was a good day for you! I'm trying to take care of myself much better than I have been doing. I have a real busy Saturday but I hope Sunday will be quite and restful. With your nephew you have to take the good with the bad, I know it's frustrasting cause you get two steps ahead and one step back, etc. Boy, get that floor down so no one will fall into the kitchen!!! Glad your son wasn't hurt in the accident! Whew! Although he may be a little sore today. That's wonderful that you and your step dd have made up and things are better.

WELCOME to BUCER!!!!This thread has been going for years. But yesterday I started a new one #167. If you go to the bottom of your screen and look for #166, if you don't see it then click on page 2 and it should be there. And if you wish to continue to read our previous posts just repeat the process and click on the next page. But a big WELCOME to you and we hope you will stay around and post with us. We support and encourage each other in good times and bad. Hope you like us well enough to stay and post.

Michele~ It was good talking to you yesterday. Thanks my new friend.

Well, I guess I better hurry up and get ready for work. Fridays are always so very busy. We are planning a little birthday party tomorrow for our youngest - she turns 6 Tuesday. She lost a tooth last week and looks so cute now. AHHH!!!! Talk atcha ya'll later. Have a GOOD FRIDAY and a GOOD WEEKEND!!!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 08:48 AM   #6  
Quit counting at 45!

Happy Birthday Dear Gary Happy Birthday to you.
(Be glad you can't hear that!!) Hope it was a great one for you. Thanks for sharing your menu with us. I love hearing about the different things you make for your family.

mrshummer: WTG on finding support. It's so important to be accountable.

Bucer: Glad to have you join our group here. I hope you find the support you need like I have.

I survived the busy day and today will not be any better. I love being on the "front line" but it is a lot busier and I have to concentrate a lot more. My feet were killing me at the end of the day but DH is home for the weekend and he took me out for dinner last night. Then we just relaxed. Tonight I'm making spaghetti - an easy dish to prepare.

Thanks for your prayers. you are also in mine!
Old 02-28-2003, 10:19 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry TGIF

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE

Thank-you so much for the birthday wishes!! You are all so sweet. I had a normal birthday for a 49 yr.old. We will probably make next years a biggie but we don't do much on BD's around here unless it is for the little kids. Usually cards, a new T-shirt from one of the kid's colleges for dad and my wife ALWAYS knows what I want her to give me Now I owe her another back rub

MICHELE Thank-you, my son and the other lady were not hurt, thank God. A good lesson was learned by my son on hydroplaning~~minor damage on both cars. How are you healing? Still praying for you-- any 300's this week

BUCER Welcome!

SHERRY Thank-you~ Great idea on the "buddy" system~ we find it easy to lie to ourselves but much harder to others when we cheat on our efforts to kick that 'ol habit/habits we have. You take it easy on Sunday and refigure your new game plan. We should get most of the floor finished today~ the electrical took a little longer yesterday than we thought.

WILMA Hey girl get home and get those feet up!! You deserve an easy week-end !! After the last one with all the family.

HAve a great day- my brother is here so it is off to work!!

IN CHRIST- Gary
Old 02-28-2003, 12:02 PM   #8  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Smile Good News!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to let you know I heard from the DR.'s nurse this a.m. and the test results are all GOOD! No bad cells in any of the tissue, still waiting on the one on my foot, should know next week. But I am thrilled to know that hopefully this is all over! Thank you to all of you for your good thoughts and vibes and prayers! How happy am I!!! Praise God!!

Sherry, so happy I could be there for you! I'm happy to call you friend.

EZ-Bowling is over now so I have to find something else to occupy my time on Tues and Thurs. I plan to start bowling again after I get back to work and on my feet.

Start the job I'm excited about on Monday! Can't wait.

Today is a GREAT DAY!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 05:46 PM   #9  

Angry Hi gang!!

Welcome back Mrs. Hummer! You had us worried woman. Sorry to hear about all the bad things, but happy to hear your back on track.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! E.Z.
Sorry to here about your son's accident but praise the Lord He wasn't hurt. Cars can be replaced.
Yeah! for you too mitchy glad they came back negitive and pray the one near the foot does too! My pastor had 3 cat scans and an mri today which will tell if it has spread anymore. Please continue in prayer that they will be negitive.
Wilma I am with Gary- you deserve to be able to put your feet up!
Welcome Bucer! Hope you post often!
I hate to post quickly but am going as guest to some home party tonight. I am sure it will be fun, probably kitchen gadgets. But that is o.k. Hi to all I missed. I am working a double shift tom, home Sun. then back on Monday so Talk at ya Monday. Have a great Lords Day!
Old 03-01-2003, 11:20 AM   #10  

Angry Saturday morning

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!

How is everyone this morning? I am just waking up and babysitting this coffee. AHHH!!! : My throat is so sore and swollen, and I'm sure I have a sinusitis infection this morning. I know it probably happened due to the severely cold weather here the early part of the week and me going in and out of houses that were close to 90 degrees. My little old patients stay so cold and don't realize what they do to us younger folks. I can hardly breathe in those homes.

Sue~ Thx for the welcome back!!! I missed everyone here. Ya'll are the best. Hope your home party went well last night. Don't work too hard this weekend!! Check in when you can, but take care of yourself.

Michele~Yay!!! We are doing the happy dance for your results!!!! I am so very proud for you!!! We will keep praying about your foot. Hang in there!

Gary~ Glad you had a good 49th B'day. Today we will be having my little dd's 6th b'day party in Barbie theme, who else. And I sneaked out of doing some of what I was suppose to do today to rest a little more. I was soooo tired. And now I feel more rested even with the sore throat and sinus problem.

Wilma~ Take it easy and prob up those tootsies this weekend. Enjoy having dh home.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!! Thanks for all your support and encouragement. It's good to be back. I'm ready for spring, can you tell by my colors.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:30 AM   #11  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wow, you are full of happiness and energy today Sherry! You've inspired me to have a good day! How could I not, after your words and when I know God's love!...Happy Birthday to your DD! How cute, a Barbie theme!
Old 03-02-2003, 10:48 AM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

I'm ready for church. DH is in the shower so I thought I would take this time to talk with you. We still haven't found a home church but are looking. At least we can worship every sunday even if we don't know the people we worship with.

Gutchie: Congrats on the kids. They'll certainly keep you busy for a while. At least you won't be near food!!
You're doing great.

mrshummer: Make sure you get your rest too! Those patients need you well. Hope the birthday party was fun. I've never been able to do a little girl party with just 2 boys in the house. We did hockey and dinosaurs!!!

doitforme: Did you have fun at the home party? I enjoy going to them even if you have to buy stuff. You get to meet new people that way.

mitchypoo: Praise God for the positive answer to prayer. what a great feeling! No wonder you're dancing!!!!

Gary: You're the same age as my DH. Must have been a good year! Take care and don't work too hard!!

Sami and Zoe: Where are you my friends? I need you!!

Thanks all for the advice to put my feet up. I'm doing that. Yesterday DH and I went shopping for a bit. I bought some new shoes which should help my problem. Then we came home and vegged. We rented My Big Fat Greek Wedding and really enjoyed it. (Did you know the star is from Winnipeg where I am living now?) Today it's off to church and more relaxation. I should be really ready for work on Monday.

Thanks so much for being such a caring group. I need you all in my life and am glad you're here.

Old 03-02-2003, 11:13 AM   #13  

Happy Lord's Day to All!!!

How is everyone this wonderful morning that the Lord has given us? It's misting rain here and 44 degress but it's still beautiful to me. I have all my family here with me this morning and life is good. We had the birthday party for my Kaci yesterday and oh, it was so great!!! She had a total blast!!! She looked like a princess. She got little hi-heels with boa feathers on them, and a tiara with "diamond" earrings, a "diamond" necklace, Barbie dolls and cars, and makeup, makeup, makeup. All pretend makeup of course, complete with nails. I got pictures of her all "dressed up with makeup" It was fun!!!! She told us last night, that was the best birthday, she ever had.

Michele~ You make being your friend so easy!!! I continue to pray about your foot. Hollar at me anytime.

Where is everyone this weekend? And where are some of those MIA? Teaki? Sister Joanne? EVERYONE else? Well, post when you can. Have a good day!!!! I'll check in later.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:21 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry SUNDAY

Hi Ladies--

It is a beautiful day here~~ I can see snow on the mountains all around me (although none of them are closer than 30 miles). The wife and I went to church this morning to praise our Lord, then we went to see CHICAGO~~ I thought it was pretty good.

We spent most of the day yesterday with my ex watching my daughters tennis team~~ she did fair, won her singles but lost doubles in a match they probably should have won~~ it didn't cost the team anything though so that was good.

MICHELE FAR-OUT!!! as we used to say in the 70's!! on your great news If you can't bowl now how about taking up golf or tennis? Just a thought to help keep you moving. Good luck with that new job~~ I hope it all works out well for you.

SUE How was that party? My wife has had a few of the candle parties here for my nieces and a few Pampered Chef ones for her friends. I hope you had a great day off after that long Saturday-- how is the weather-- did my sunshine make it?

WILMA Didn't you love the Big Fat Greek Wedding? my wife and I sure did~~ not so sure quite yet on the new series. So me and your old man will hit the half a hundred mark next year huh! (((ouch)) I hope you find a church that is comfortable for you soon. We had our monthly new member brunch today-- it is always nice to see new faces-- especially young ones to keep the church growing. We are Lutheran, Missouri Synod, so we have a tradition? of being older. Many of our churches are dying out, thank God ours is still holding a steady growth after 35 years. Just to keep you up to date~~ last night's dinner~~ the wife bought an already cooked herbed rotisserie chicken which we cut up and put in warm flour tortillas with pinto beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream, onions, tomatoes and whatever else you want-- real easy and good

SHERRY Sounds like you had a great time with your little ones birthday-- I love my daughter being 19~~ but I sure do miss the Barbie and Brownies days!! I sure hope you are feeling better by now-- I have had a runny nose for a few days and feel BLAH-- but I am getting better.

JOANNE Good to see you posting again~~ life on that farm must really take up the time!!

SAMI I hope all is well with you and those wedding plans are coming along smoothly-- have those kids quit fighting yet?

Well I am going to go rest for awhile~~ going to the movies really kicked my butt

ENJOY THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE!! Gary
Old 03-03-2003, 09:28 AM   #15  

Hi everone,
Sorry that I haven't posted in several days.
Glad to see everyone posting again.
Welcome to our new member, Buger.
Mrshummer, I think the accountability of friends near you, and online are what makes the difference in staying on the weight loss plan succeed.
I am so excited, as I am going to start a ft home care job next Monday. My territory will be smaller, the hours will be better, and I should have time to study in the evenings in the fall when I return to school on line.
My eating 3 meals a day, and 2 snacks is working very well. I also do better when I leave the starches/and carbs alone, and concetrate on vegies/protein/ limited fruits.
Mrshummer, just what is the LA weight loss plan? I have seen several in this area. and just wondered.
God Bless, Claudette

Goals: 120
170/166/164 (have been stuck here awhile)
Weights: 3 lb/ 3xweek
Exercise: 20-30 minutes/day.
" I can do all things through Him that strengthen me" Phil 4:13
Closed Thread