Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 10:05 PM   #61  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink SUNDAY NIGHT

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT SUNDAY

My , rest of the day, was pretty easy. A little grocery shopping, a little laundry, and alot of t.v. I feel guilty now

SAMI sorry about the rough weather on your trip. At least your daughter didn't come away without at least one win. I know what you mean about being more aggressive-- that is sooo my daughters problem-- on the other hand, it is what makes her such a sweetie-pie (do 'ya think God knows what He's doing with them?) I hope the week is easy for you in the wedding planning dept!!

SHERRY-- So your daughter will be working and not around much for spring break huh/ get used to it!! just ask the other gals-- once your kids get boy/girl friends/jobs---WE ARE CHOPPED LIVER (in the spending time department) Glad to see you lost a few-- good for you, I know it has been tough the last couple of weeks for you. Oh yea, as far as the fried tortilla strips, it's just like little decorations on top, something crunchy in the soup-- actually 1 tortilla covers about 4 bowls of soup-- so I am o.k. ( o.k. I'm not-- however it still wasn't too much fried food )

MICHELE Hey girl you can come over to my house anytime for supper-- actually for Monday night I have already bought the stuff for cheese enchiladas-- shall I put on a couple more? it is no problem..I know that you know the area I live in, just a few hundred south from your folks if I remember correctly. You sure have had an eventfull week with all your "things to do"I like that!!

CLAUDETTE I hope you find the right course for you in the books you are reading. I like your scripture too--- it is the one my son had (my daughters is different) on his letterman jacket when he was in high school-- a public high school-- he was always having people ask him about it!!

Well the wife made tri-tip on the bar-b-q tonight, with rolls, asparagus and sweet-potatoes-- yummy for me--easy for her-- a good deal for all.

See ya later--HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 08:49 AM   #62  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning Everyone!!

It's a clear, sunny day here in Manitoba but its still CCOOOLLDD!!
It's supposed to warming up by the weekend. I'll look forward to it. Tonight we're going to get groceries and I'm going to stock up on chicken breasts and veggies. It's the easiest thing to prepare after work and it doesn't take long. Today I'm putting pork chops in the slow cooker with barbeque sauce. We'll see how it turns out!

Gary: My oldest son has a weight problem and he is trying to work on it. He asked me yesterday why all the fattening stuff tastes so good! I totally identify with him. I told him that he can still eat it but in moderation. I pray he's successful.
The temptation to eat that kind of food is really strong.

Sami: I think the weather is really wierd everywhere. Even the mild areas of Canada are being hit with snow and cold weather. I just hope spring comes soon.

mrshummer: WTG on that extra weight loss. That's gotta feel great. I sure hope I can tell you the same thing next Sunday!! Keep it up!

Michele: It sounds like you had an awesome day. We need to be fed spiritually more than physically! It also sounds like you're prepared for your week by doing that planning Gary was talking about.

Claudette: WTG on the 1 lb. loss. Doesn't it feel great??

Well, gotta go get ready for work and get those chop in the cooker. Have a super on program day!!
Old 03-10-2003, 10:06 AM   #63  

Angry Hi!

I got caught up on the reading and then tried to post ot wouldn't let me again. Now I have to run to work but will post later, maybe I will have some good news about pastor by then. Congrats to all the loosers out there! Way to go! post again later, have an awesome day! P.S. Gary your sunshine is here still, I have no intentions of sending it back for a while yet, its suppose to get to 45 today yeah!!! See ya later!
Old 03-11-2003, 06:54 AM   #64  

Blessing this morning! I have to be quick because I am heading out for work. I am really tired! This is the week when my night meds double and I am having trouble waking up! Looks like everyone is doing well and EZ I am hungry after reading your post! Wilma I think you are right about the weather we have had very mild winter for the past the 5 yrs. The long winter kills us because we are total electric and this year with the colder than normal temps is costing us a bundle! And then you add the fact that gas is 179 a gallon it is killing me! How much is gas in you area everyone? I have heard Indiana is the highest. Sherry your DD name is spelled like my Kelli's! All my girls end in I. (Great minds think alike)

Praying that you have an OP day. I will try to post more latter but it a war with dd to get a turn,
Sami
Old 03-11-2003, 08:01 AM   #65  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gas was $1.59 last time I looked but I've seen it up to 1.79 the week before that. My poor mother in CA has paid $2.19 a gallon. She said they are talking on the news about summer and winter gas? She thinks it's a bunch of hooey.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:30 AM   #66  

Angry Tuesday

Good Morning CEers!!!!!

How are you all this morning? I'm doing pretty well, did have a very stressful day yesterday with patients, dd, and friends. I did eat a few girl scout cookies but managed to limit it and feel good that I didn't eat the whole package. We went over to some friends' house last night and had supper. And even though she doesn't cook lowfat, I ate small portion. It's amazing when I'm really trying I can eat very small amounts and be full at the end of the meal. Too bad I don't "listen" all the time.

Michele~ I hope you have rested by now and that the weather is improving. Gas here is staying about $1.59 but I've heard other parts of the country aren't that low. I pray it doesn't go much higher. I may have to bring out the horse and buggy. Or even cheaper, begin walking.

Sami~ Yes, the high gas prices are effecting us all. I named my dd Kelli with an i so she wouldn't be thought to be a boy and the little dd is Kaci. I spelled her name that way to instead of Casey, to prevent the same problem. It didn't work, people still get there names mixed up. Most folks spell Kelli's name Kelley. Hope you have gotten some rest. My heart goes out to you with the meds and trying to work hard, and feeling like you're drugged. I totally understand. But hand in there. My prayers are with you. Come here for a little strength but look up for the REAL strength. But we are always here for you.

Sue~ Sorry you are having trouble posting. It does that to me every now and then. Mostly, I just spend 30 minutes composing a post only to be lost to cyberland forever!

Wilma~ Yeah, I really like the chicken and veggies!! If it wasn't for the "other" members of my family I would probably eat that all the time. My dh tolerates chicken about 2xweek, but I have gotten him so he eats baked breaded catfish that tastes kinda fried but is much much healthier. That will be what we are having tonight. Of course, my oldest dh is allergic to it. So, it sometimes, gets crazy. Hope you warm up soon.

Gary~ Yes, I know I need to get used to my dh being gone. It's very hard for me, cause I am very family oriented and like to have my family here at home with me. Unlike most women, I love having my dh here and after a long day, just being near him can take ease some of my stresses for the day. I hope your wife feels the same way about you, Gary.

Claudette~ Congratulations on the loss!!!! You go girl!!!

Well, I best, get a move on. I have to go see a few patients today. And I'm going to go pickup my oldest dd and she is coming home till Wednesday evening when she has to go back to work. But she's off today. So . . . . . . . .mom and little dd and dad too miss her. Ya'll have a GREAT OP day!!!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:34 AM   #67  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Count Your Blessings!

Up here in Canada gas prices are ridiculous. We pay 80.9 a litre which would come to approx. 3.22 a gallon.

I had a good day yesterday with the exception of a small piece of cake and a revel. (I've been doing worse.) I guess I need to give up sugar again if I want to see this weight gone. If I keep myself busy I don't eat so I need to find another project now that the quilt is finished.

I better get going to work. It promises to be a great day!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-11-2003, 09:06 AM   #68  

Angry Hi Ya!

I am such a happy girl today! God is so good!!! Pastor's tests all came back negitive for further melanoma. He is going to start injections of some type of chemotherapy. If again insurance approves it. He has been released from Dartmouth to Glens falls for follow up at least at this point. This is never heard of, He is in stage 4 metastatic melanoma. You just don't normally survive. His own Dr. at Dartmouth. never expected this. So please continue keeping him in your prayers. Thanks so much!!
I have an opportunity to go on vacation for the rest of the week to Lee Mass. to a friend's condo and it won't cost anything so me and 3 other friends are leaving this afternoon. So, I gotta go pack, but wanted to let you guys know how Pastor made out, as it was such a big answer to prayer. I discovered a wonderful answer to any one who craves choc. that cares to know Russell Stover puts out a sugar-free choc. you can have 5 nuggets for 190 cal. so one is only about 40 cal. not to bad and tastes like a real choc. bar. I pray you all have an awesome week. I will e-mail you all on Monday. See ya! P.S. Gas about $1.80 a gal.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:31 PM   #69  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sue, that is wonderful news about your Pastor. Praise God!

How nice for you to be able to spend time with your friends and take a vacation. Hope you have a wonderful time!

Wilma, what is a revel?
Old 03-11-2003, 09:04 PM   #70  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs up TRY-TRY-AGAIN

Hi Ladies, I tried to post a long one an hour ago--HOWEVER--ARGHHHH--I hit the space bar and somehow lost it!!

WILMA-- I know the fast food situation with your son by heart-- after my divorce, taking my kids to their sports, dance, scouts, church, etc. and working--I found fast food to be quite a comfort and habit forming. I didn't plan ahead like I could have. I really didn't know how bad it was for you-- plus at the time I was 35 yrs. old, and 6' 155 pounds-- so calories wasn't a problem. My metabolism certainly changed in the next few years and I "BLOSSOMED" to 165 then after my marraige I "BALLOONED" to 198-- however, through exercise and diet I got back down to163-- then I worked up to 173-- which is where I seem to be stuck for the present anyway.

Gotta go eat-- wife calling-- will return later, Gary
Old 03-11-2003, 10:31 PM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry BACK

DINNER OVER Had chicken breasts with teriaki, brown rice and peas in the pods with sour dough rolls.

Wilma, great with the chicken breasts and veggies.

SUE I am glad you finally have sunshine. I am happy you get a little vacation but will miss your posting. I am so glad your pastor is doing well at the present. There is a gentleman that has been on our prayer list at church for 8 years, he is not a member and I don't know him personally, however he is a dear friend of friends of mine--Anyway, 8 years ago he was diagnosed with a rare form of stomach cancer-- he was given months to live-- he was put on our prayer list by my friends and we have prayed every week for him-- he is now cancer free and the city of Hope is giving him some type of achievement award for his hard work to try and bring knowledge and funding to the disease-- Praise God.

SAMI I am sorry you are so tired. Maybe when the weather warms up to spring for you it will be easier. You have so much to look forward to this summer with the wedding and all-- I know it will be a great spring and summer for you-- I promise!!!

SHERRY Our house has purchased over 12 boxes of girl scout cookies so far-- 2 for me yesterday-- I have not had one-- I am not a sweet eater generally.I thought it was your DD that was going to be gone over the spring break working-- I didn't realize it was your husband-- of course my wife wants me around--WHO ELSE WOULD SHE YELL AT? --Just kidding-- she really loves me~right?.... Oh well, she's stuck!!!

MICHELE What is going on girl? Are you slowing down?

ZOE How are you?

GAS IN CALIFORNIA IS COSTING ME $2.19 a gallon-- I am not too far from Michele's parents-- WILMA wins-- sorry SAMI-- you guys are not even close!!

SEE YA TOMORROW-- Love Gary

VISITING WITH MY DAUGHTER (boyfriend must be busy )

IN CHRIST------
Old 03-11-2003, 11:46 PM   #72  
Quit counting at 45!

Default I can't sleep!

DH went to bed early. He has to leave at 4:00 a.m. I thought I would come and chat for a couple of minutes.

The weather is warming up. There is hope that spring is coming.

Tonight's menu was Sweet and Sour meatballs, rice and corn. I also had a revel again. (They're almost gone!) Michele: Revels are (don't listen Gary!!) are small bars of ice cream on a stick with a thin layer of chocolate coating. I love the chocolate on them and this being my special week I'm craving it.

Sue: I'm so happy for your pastor. What an answer to prayer!!!

I see I'm the winner of the gas prices. This is one I wouldn't have wanted to win. It costs so much up here to run a vehicle. You have to start your vehicle and let it run a while before you can drive in in cold weather and that eats up more of the liquid gold. We have always envied our neighbours to the south their gas prices and it sounds like its even less expensive the farther south you go.

Good night!!
Old 03-12-2003, 07:29 AM   #73  

Blessing this morning! I just have a few minutes. I am so happy to see that God has heard our prayers Sue and your Pastor is doing so well! If you remember the person I told you about who has cancer of the heart they only gave him a couple of weeks at the most. That was in Oct and he is still hanging in there. He was at church Two weeks ago and looks pretty bad but everyday is a blessing. Wow Wilma over 3.00 for gas. I pray that our country can resolve this. Before 9-11 I could find gas for .96! Please keep my DD's in your prayers. They fight all the time. The bigest problem is both are hard headed and it is there way or no way!
I got to run!
Have an OP day!
Sami
Old 03-12-2003, 08:28 AM   #74  

Angry Wednesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

I hope this finds each and every one of you feeling well and eating OP. It's going to be a glorious spring day here in Texas today. We are suppose to hit the high in the 80's with sun this morning and showers this afternoon. Wow!!! Since we are having so much warmth and sun, I'm sending you ladies up north a little extra sunshine and warmth.

I have been doing super on the WOE. Last night we had baked breaded fish and chicken, sweet potatoes, okra, peaches and peaches, etc.. Yes GARY I meant dd NOT dh when I was talking about getting used to her being gone. But I was talking about I just feel better totally when my dh is home with me. I went and got Kelli yesterday and we spent the day together. We went to Walmart and she had her nails redone and she bought her a few more pants for work or school. It is great to have her home! I have to take her back Thursday.

Well, sorry, I don't have time this morning to address everyone individually. Sue We are praising God for answered prayers though!!!!

[b]Hope EVERYONE has a WONDERFUL day and remains focused on what God wants us to do and eat. Talk atcha later!!
Old 03-13-2003, 03:12 AM   #75  

Height: 5'8.5"

Just thought I would post this... in case anyone is interested. The church I used to attend... Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale... has a GREAT Bible study series which can be listened to for free on the church's website -- called "Slaying the Goliaths in Your Life." This has been tremendously helpful to me in dealing with issues of proper eating, etc. You can find it at

http://www.calvaryftl.org/topical/index.cfm

-- scroll down close to the bottom of the page.

Sue
Closed Thread