Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 2/5/12

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Hello Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great week!
  • Good Morning Everyone,
    OK, the scale dropped the one pound I gained the other day so I'm right back to the weekly weigh in. If it doesn't got down by Monday, it will be three weeks the same weigh in weight. Blah, I thought I'd see a change with the new exercise, well maybe I have!

And the change is beautiful...it's not weight related at all. After busting my hump and overworking every muscle I own, the living room is livable. Last night we ate dinner watching stand up on Netflix. ALL OF US. Yep, DD was on her bed, and the men and I on the couch. We haven't sat in the living room as a family, other than Christmas, since the kids were wee things. My DS, who is anti social, just like me, stayed downstairs with me from the moment he came home from school. My DD was not mad at all. She was kind of thankful, it was now all in order. She didn't even flip when she saw I had tossed a lot of stuff. Amazing.

The three us played Wii sports for an hour or so, then flipped over to Mario Kart until I got a headache. Too many flashy colors. Then we bought a down load. Both kids seem excited about a Wii fit so I will truly look into one. Whenever I was beating my DS in bowling I had a place to run and gloat, that was nice. The two of us even danced together. DH said it looked nice (as nice as all that crap can look ) and very roomy. The compliment was complimented when he ate dinner with us. LOVE IT!

I am super sore today. Ooh, I used my hamstrings, back and shoulders a lot yesterday, that's for sure. I'm walking very slow today. But my mind is happy. I never use the word happy for me, but it really did make me happy to sit together as a family, without asking and just staying together until bedtime. I felt like a real family, not a weird one. I'm sure it won't last but at least I have a nice memory and I was the one that got it started by cleaning. Me cleaning! SO funny.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
  • Amazing!!

I lost another 2 pounds today bringing me down to 210

This makes 15 pounds lost in four days!

Color me very happy.

Larry
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone,
    OK, the scale dropped the one pound I gained the other day so I'm right back to the weekly weigh in. If it doesn't got down by Monday, it will be three weeks the same weigh in weight. Blah, I thought I'd see a change with the new exercise, well maybe I have!

And the change is beautiful...it's not weight related at all. After busting my hump and overworking every muscle I own, the living room is livable. Last night we ate dinner watching stand up on Netflix. ALL OF US. Yep, DD was on her bed, and the men and I on the couch. We haven't sat in the living room as a family, other than Christmas, since the kids were wee things. My DS, who is anti social, just like me, stayed downstairs with me from the moment he came home from school. My DD was not mad at all. She was kind of thankful, it was now all in order. She didn't even flip when she saw I had tossed a lot of stuff. Amazing.

The three us played Wii sports for an hour or so, then flipped over to Mario Kart until I got a headache. Too many flashy colors. Then we bought a down load. Both kids seem excited about a Wii fit so I will truly look into one. Whenever I was beating my DS in bowling I had a place to run and gloat, that was nice. The two of us even danced together. DH said it looked nice (as nice as all that crap can look ) and very roomy. The compliment was complimented when he ate dinner with us. LOVE IT!

I am super sore today. Ooh, I used my hamstrings, back and shoulders a lot yesterday, that's for sure. I'm walking very slow today. But my mind is happy. I never use the word happy for me, but it really did make me happy to sit together as a family, without asking and just staying together until bedtime. I felt like a real family, not a weird one. I'm sure it won't last but at least I have a nice memory and I was the one that got it started by cleaning. Me cleaning! SO funny.

Mamakat that is so totally awesome! Yay for you on all counts - making room for you to exercise, helping your daughter pick up and organize her stuff (and her being happy about it) and especially for you all hanging together all evening as a family - dinner and all. That is fabulous!
  • Moon dance so how much snow did you all get? I'm so envious of your snow! And love that you arre at the mountain and the kids are shoveling. I could take a lesson there.

LarryH amazing progress LarryH. I'm with you on the no snacking in the evening. I can,t have a thing or it's a face stuffing fest!

For me I did yoga last night and BodyPump today. Tomorrow is my scheduled day off. Weight came down a wee bit again, but it seems ovulation hasnt passed yet... Old body is fooling with me!

I was looking at my body after showering now.... I have way more than 15 pounds of fat left on this body, sadly. But I'll take one step downs t a time and reassess as I go.

And my body fat scale is so unhelpful with gauging how much fat I have. At night it says I have 25-28% bodyfat.... Midday it says 29-32% bodyfat. That's a big swing and I don't know what to believe. I would love to gt under 24% bodyfat, consistently!!!
  • Okay soo today!

Breakfast- greek yogurt (160)

Snack- 1 cup watermelon (100)

Lunch- 1/2 cup of vegetable soupp (100) chicken breast grilled with guacamole (600)

Snack- 2 dark choc truffles (120) Handful of trail mix (100) Arctic zero icecream (10)

Dinner- Grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun (500)

~1690-- overestimating.
  • *** Meals Data for 2/4/2012 ***

Lunch

Great Value Original Liquid Eggs [1/2 cup (4.4 oz)] 60 calories
    Wonder Smart White Bread [2 slices (1.8 oz)] 100 calories
    Great Value - Yogurt, Light, Cherry [1 Container (6 oz)] 80 calories

Dinner

Chicken, breast, meat only, roasted, broiler/fryer [1/2 Breast] 213 calories
    French fries fried in vegetable oil [1/2 Small (1.5 oz)] 136 calories
    Baked beans, home prepared [1/2 Cup (4 oz)] 191 calories
    Coleslaw, home-prepared [1/2 Cup (2.1 oz)] 47 calories

Total 827 calories and 1224 mg sodium

Larry
  • Morning Weight 378.4

Breakfast
    none

Lunch
    Potato Roll 90
    4 oz Eye of Round Beef 170
    Poached Egg 70
    BBQ sauce 15
    Sub Total 345

Dinner
    6oz Eye of Round Beef 255
    BBQ sauce 15
    Healthy Colors Steamer 40
    Potato 200
    Sour Cream 60
    2 servings PB2 Greek Yogurt Pie 570
    2c Milk 260
    Sub Total 880

Daily Total 1225

Water 60

Exercise: Uhm … does 4 hours cleaning/organizing the walk in pantry count ? *lol*.. Uhm still not sure if I am going to get murderized in my sleep for cleaning out the pantry.. Pitched a lot of stuff that was out of date that was shoved way in there. However my mom put me up there with my grandmother so I sort of take that as a compliment… * blinks * wow .. While I was typing that I got thanked for cleaning out the pantry.. As joey would say WOAH!

The PB2Greek Yogurt Pie helped with the sweet craving.. Only problem there is no Vanilla Yogurt in large tubs around here. You can get it in the little 8oz containers, but not the big ones. So I fudged together a Vanilla yogurt by adding Powdered sugar and Vanilla to the 0% Plain. I have no idea how much sugar I used, because I was adding until it tasted just sweet enough with the PB2 not to have the outright Greek Yogurt bitterness yet have just a little tang. It was somewhere close to 1/4c, but I calculated it as 1/2 c since I did not measure. And I am sure it was not over 1/2c that was added.

Diana~ Hehehe .. Nice to know I am not the only one…. Now if I can find a guy who can deal with my boring frugal worry wort ways I would be in business hahaha.

Mamakat~ OMG that is sooooo awesome !! You had a lot of good come out of yesterday. So glad to hear it! The scale going down is like icing on the great quality time you guys spent. I bet the kids enjoyed it to. One never knows how things will turn out maybe this will last for quite awhile longer then you think. Soooo Awesome!!

Larry~ Geeze your moving on down!! Wow

Berry~ Hmm maybe its time for calipers to get a more consistent body fat percentage? Could it be possible the scale is counting water weight as fat or something?

Okay off to look for a snicker doodle recipe for mom cause she wants to make snicker doodles for S day at my dd’s school. Now if I can keep out of them I am going to be doing good.
  • Good Morning Everyone,

OMG, I am more sore than yesterday and my scale jump up 3lbs. Now I don't foresee the weekly weigh in going down. Ugh. I know it will eventually, but I miss it going down

Larry AWESOME on getting back down. How do you do it? Maybe I should be watching my sodium intake after all.

qtkitty I count movement of any kind exercise, LOL, as I hardly ever do it. I laughed at the Joey reference. I wonder how many 'chicks' will get that? The family thing only lasted one day sadly. DH is leaving for AZ tomorrow and wanted to spend the day out with the family. Not ten minutes into it, he freaking flipped out and made DD and I cry. That has never happened. He shut the entire car down. We didn't speak for 1/2 an hour and then when we did it was to each other, not him...big meanie. BUT on the up side, yep there's one. We got a pre-owned Wii fit and the game for it, for under $50. The kids and I played and ate dinner together until 1am. I was sore and exhausted. I don't like that darn thing reminding me I'm obese all the time, but I love seeing the little fat Mii's running, it makes me laugh. Today we are going back for the Resort sports. The kids love challenging me and I look ridiculous doing it, but it's fun. We all got in over 30mins of exercise.

Berry My hats off to you. Last night I found out Yoga is really hard especially for someone who has no balance. I could not imagine doing a whole class. I manage, I think, 3 poses without falling on my face, but a few of others, nope, no chance. Can you do that one leg thing where you sort of look like a flag below your waist. I can't imagine me ever being able to do that.

Well the house is still quiet, so I am going to work on some writing. Soon enough we'll all be awake and chaos will begin. I think I'll go back to sleep when that happens

• Mamakat~ What a meaner!! *lol* ... But then I had a teacher when I was in school who made random girls cry everyday... he had a knack for it I guess.. and as they would run from the room crying he would look around like Uhhhh what happened what did I say *lol*

My mom already promised my dd that I would get her Wii Sport for her Bday. I normally get my games off Amazon. There is a small store in town for gaming stuff, but walmart is the main supplier. You know how much the games cost from there ( arm and a leg ). I want to get a few more excercise games for sure cause they do not feel like excercise. Yeah my mom wooped my butt twice over in Boxing the other night. I felt like a dummy *lol* She got 100 more points then I did *lol* .. I was like Geeze mom kick my butt why don't yah.. She was laughing and goes not to bad for an old fart huh. I do not admit to being coordinated *lol*

Oh and by the way ... you can gain water weight from muscle being built sooooooo the gain could be a good thing... * does a little dance * yay for muscle .... ok obviously I am a bit hyper this morning...* makes mental note for me no coffee *lol*

Side Note: My mom shared an article with me that women who drink at least 3 cups of coffee a day are less likely become depressed. I thought that that was pretty interesting...
    http://healthland.time.com/2011/09/2...of-depression/
    Maybe I should drink more coffee *lol* After a mocha I sound like a Motor mouth maaaaaybe I shouldn't Hehe
  • Ohh Ohh and I almost forgot Morning weight 377 Woopie !!!

20Lbs gone for ever .. * shakes a tail feather *

Ok going to go try my hands at Eggs in a Cloud ... Bwahhahaha
  • Good morning all

My weight loss is continuing??? I have no idea why but I am down another 2 pounds today!!

That makes 17 pounds in the last 5 days

I have begun to worry that maybe I am getting dehydrated. I am drinking lots of water and coffee so dehydration should not be the case.

I am very happy about the loss but I am very puzzled also.

Larry
  • Happy Sunday!

The Difficulties in Saying No: So here we are, up at Steamboat Springs. Another couple has joined us, he's a college buddy of my DH. They're nice people and I like them fine. The problem: they like to eat! Its not gourmet foodie type stuff. Oh I wish! No its a crock-pot dip of hormel chili, Velveeta, and italian sausage. It's 3 large bags of chips from Costco. A coconut cream pie. They brought more food with them for 2 nights than I have in my whole fridge at home! All this leads up to my difficulty in saying no to these yummies. Well, the chips and guacamole (I managed to stay away from the dip). Then dinner out at a restaurant. I was more than 400 calories over my limit yesterday. Damn! I've been stuck in this 186-188 range for all of January now and can't seem to get past it. This won't help. Now we've got the superbowl today. They've got an artichoke/cheese/mayo dip, Costco hotwings, and bbq pulled pork. This on top of the eggs benedict with bacon AND sausage for breakfast. Yikes. I'm going to give it all I've got to limit what I eat today. I brought my own breakfast supplies and will try to tactfully make my own. They're easily insulted when you don't eat what they prepare. And yes, they're both obese. So if you read this, please send a positive thought my way so that I can stay strong in my choice to not overeat. I would really appreciate the extra support today!

Mamakat:
    Hope you got some writing done. Sorry the family day got ruined. My DH tries to force things too and more often than not it fails. I guess all we can do is take it as it comes and file away the memory of the fun times. Don't worry...there will be more!

qtkitty: Congrats on the 20 pound loss! AWESOME! Playing the Wii with your mom sounds like fun. I love to play the games with my kids. I don't care about winning or losing, its the fun, the laughter, and time spent with them that I remember.

Larry: Great job on the menu planning. Looks like you're right back on track.

Berry: I would gladly share some of the snow with you. We got about 22 inches at the house, left the last 8 for the kids to shovel. The irony of this particular storm is that it was a "Front Range" storm, meaning it snowed in Denver and east, but skipped the mountains. Where we are (Steamboat Springs), they haven't had new snow in 9 days (and they really need it!). Keep up the great work.
  • Moondance here is some to help you today

Larry
  • 136 today! That's 9 pounds in 3 weeks!

I haven't been doing weights though...really need to get started on that >_>;