3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   IS my diet plan Bad? I cant Lose weight !!! what am I doing wrong:( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/252154-my-diet-plan-bad-i-cant-lose-weight-what-am-i-doing-wrong.html)

toot86 02-03-2012 06:52 PM

IS my diet plan Bad? I cant Lose weight !!! what am I doing wrong:(

:?::?:Hi iam new here but i had a struggle in my goals.. I have a specfic diet wich i follow and a excercise plan .. but it seems that my weight is from 214 - 220 and stays in between up and down for 3 weeks.. whats going onl...?
My diet plan..

Breakfast- 8oz bonless chicken breast - bowl of brocolli and carrots and 1 slice of whole wheat bread

lunch -8oz bonless chicken breast - bowl of brocolli and carrots and 1 slice of whole wheat bread

WORKOUT -PRE shake--200 calories... 1 hour "INSANITY" Post shake --200 calories
=400 calories

dinner - 8oz bonless chicken breast - bowl of brocolli and carrots and 1 slice of whole wheat bread

and about 2 gallons of water .. thats pretty much it .. i might eat alot of sodium but i dont think that would affect my weight loss .. I dont know .. HELP ME..:?::?::?::?:

ValRock 02-03-2012 07:08 PM

You're rather tall. Is your weight within healthy on the BMI? Your body might need you to mix it up!! Try some new foods!

GobabyGoGO 02-03-2012 07:19 PM

What jumps out at me is the lack of variety, the over abundance of protein, and the shakes. What is your cooking method? How much sodium are you using? Are you working out enough for all the protein you are taking in? Are the shakes really what you need to get the most out of your workout?

TooManyDimples 02-03-2012 07:31 PM

BMI puts you just barely into overweight. If you have a decent amount of muscle then your BMI is probably actually less. You might not really have much fat on you to lose.

toot86 02-03-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GobabyGoGO (Post 4202444)
What jumps out at me is the lack of variety, the over abundance of protein, and the shakes. What is your cooking method? How much sodium are you using? Are you working out enough for all the protein you are taking in? Are the shakes really what you need to get the most out of your workout?

well my BMI on my scale says 26% so its kinda bad .and I kinda like eating the same food it keeps it easy.. and cheap lol

I use a george foreman grill.. and I season my chicken with lemon pepper seasoning..
with my shakes ..its one scoop of protein.and another scoop of carb enhancer... So just about 50 grams of protein per 2 shakes...

i was thinking of going into a 1 week fast to really get me going.. but iam afraid of losing muscle at the beginning of the fast.. good idea?:^:

GobabyGoGO 02-03-2012 08:01 PM

I am sure you would lose muscle so I am not sure that fasting is a good idea. What does your workout look like? Your problem may be with that if it is not varied enough.

freelancemomma 02-03-2012 08:12 PM

I'm just amazed that you haven't gone crazy with the monotony of your meal plan. Is there any reason you're keeping it so homogeneous?

F.

ValRock 02-03-2012 08:51 PM

Don't go on a fast!

Are you getting any fat at all??? Your brain needs some fat!

toot86 02-03-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freelancemomma (Post 4202493)
I'm just amazed that you haven't gone crazy with the monotony of your meal plan. Is there any reason you're keeping it so homogeneous?

F.

well i do get fat from my chicken.. some ..

and i kinda like the meal plan done it for 3 weeks.. sometimes i make a mini chicken sandwich .. with the bread and the chicken and pieces of brocolli...
but iam afraid maybe iam eating too much veggies could that happend... cause i dont see any decrease... like i think i should be getting...

124chicksinger 02-03-2012 09:56 PM

I don't think you are eating too much veg. Unstarchy veg doesn't add up to too many calories. I'm surprised no one has written that perhaps you're not eating enough....maybe that sounds crazy tho, I don't know. Are you trying to body build or lose weight? I'm sure there must be some one here who knows the answers....or perhaps a trainer (if you work out at a gym) that you can ask?

ValRock 02-03-2012 09:57 PM

Not possible to eat too many veggies...

Try switching up your protein sources, dropping some of the carbs, and adding some healthy fat in. Coconut oil is amazing.

GobabyGoGO 02-04-2012 02:35 AM

You are getting over 700g of protein a day which is way to much for your weight. I think you should look into body building websites that have nutritional information since you are using supplements. I have no idea about what kind of physique you are going for but I am pretty sure you are going about it wrong. I feel like nutritional education will give you the tools to get body you want.

baker23 02-04-2012 03:11 AM

You need to mix it up...Food, exercise, everything. Monotony will cause you to stall because it becomes used to what your feeding/doing, and it will become less effective. I don't think your diet is very balanced. WAY to much protein. And it definitely doesn't sound like your eating enough(Crazy I know but not eating enough can cause you to stall) Your 5" taller then I am, and I would starve on that amount of food xDDD

When your exercising are you doing weight training? Because you could be building muscle at the same rate your losing fat, hence the stall on the scale.

Hope you figure it out and good luck...The one piece of advice I can offer is just mix everything up more :)

darlingbrit 02-04-2012 04:08 AM

If you're trying to build muscle, Try to eat your carbs earlier in the day dinner should be just protein and veggies. no starches. It sounds like you're having waaaay too much protein, and your body doesn't know what to do with it.
You should only be having protein shakes/ Bars/ whatever if you cannot get to real food fast enough.

Having a snack between breakfast and lunch might be beneficial too because you shouldn't go more than 2-3 hours without eating (aside from your night's worth of sleep)

I would Mix it up a little with your meals whenever you can. make a chicken salad, or make a sandwich for lunch! there's tons of different things you can do with the same ingredients just more care and attention.

I would also recommend trying Greek Yogurt. it's high in protein and low in fat- very filling and is a good substitute for the protein shake you've been drinking right before you do Insanity.

Arctic Mama 02-04-2012 11:31 AM

You really need more fat and less protein, I'd also suggest mixing up your carbohydrates with different fruit/veggie combos and substituting different starches (like rice) on occasion for your bread. Building lean mass is a great goal and Insanity will definitely do it, but the inflammation from your workouts plus the fact that you don't have much to lose to begin with can make scale goals a little slow.