3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Starting again... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/251903-starting-again.html)

Bigkitty 01-31-2012 03:41 PM

Starting again...

After failing my first month, I'm gonna try again. Starting from scratch. I find that I can be all talk but this time I really want to do it right. Out of the three dresses I bought, two weren't all that nice, so now I've replaced them with some gorgeous ones that, while they fit, would look better if I lose weight.

I think the problems I have are down to peer pressure and my own stupidness. I drink a lot of coke and fizzy stuff (which lately has been giving me stomach problems) and eating crisps. I guess we go to subway instead of McDonalds but a 12in sub probably isn't all that great.

Exercise wise I've done it 3 or 4 times in 4 weeks so I really need to step up on that. But I think I'm gonna focus on food the most first, cut down my portions, look for healthier options.

Wish me luck again :^:

StephanieM 01-31-2012 05:27 PM

Congratulations on getting back to it!

It's not easy overall, you have to make that decision to make those changes. Recognizing your slip ups and how you will avoid them in the future is key.

Try just drinking water instead of pop, or treat yourself with a diet coke once in awhile if you need something fizzy. I do research online about restaurants before going there so I can make sure I'm chosing something healthy.

Exercise is what will make your body look good, dieting will just make you thin. Commit to exercising every other day to start and see how you feel.

Best of luck!

xJox 01-31-2012 11:48 PM

Welcome back. Coming back is the first step. You can do this. I know it can be hard. It is hard for all of us. You just have to want it. Good luck!!

JudgeDread 02-01-2012 09:02 AM

As impossible as it sounds, cut out the pop! (yes I am a midwesterner by birth)

Diet is ok, but cut down to one 12 ounce serving or less per day. I didn't think I could do it and now I rarely drink pop. I have made an effort to drink more water..I do drink black coffee...virtually calorie free and deeeelish!

Try, if you can, to bring your own lunch...or choose healthy foods before you go out to eat. There are websites like Calorieking.com where you can look up your food you want to eat and it will tell you how many calories you are really getting.

12 inch subs have a LOT of calories. McDonalds has a menu that fluxuates from horrible for you to..not so bad. You just need to know before you order.

sontaikle 02-01-2012 09:35 AM

If you must have a 12in sub at subway, take out the meat/stuff in one half and put it into the other and get rid of the empty half's bread.

Otherwise a 6in sub is more than enough :) If you have the right stuff on it you can sometimes wind up with a very low-calorie, tasty and filling sub!

Sunshine73 02-01-2012 09:36 AM

You can do this! I think we've all had some false starts and some times when we weren't as 'on plan' as we thought we'd be. The important thing is that you've recognized that the half on thing isn't working for you so now you can recommit to the process and get where you want to be!

Bigkitty 02-01-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudgeDread (Post 4198508)
As impossible as it sounds, cut out the pop! (yes I am a midwesterner by birth)

Diet is ok, but cut down to one 12 ounce serving or less per day. I didn't think I could do it and now I rarely drink pop. I have made an effort to drink more water..I do drink black coffee...virtually calorie free and deeeelish!

Try, if you can, to bring your own lunch...or choose healthy foods before you go out to eat. There are websites like Calorieking.com where you can look up your food you want to eat and it will tell you how many calories you are really getting.

12 inch subs have a LOT of calories. McDonalds has a menu that fluxuates from horrible for you to..not so bad. You just need to know before you order.

The thing is, I only ever drink pop when I'm with my boyfriend at the weekend, the rest of the week I go without. But at the weekend I drink a lot of it.

I just LOVE subway though, but I'll have to think more sensibly and only have 6" or if I buy 12" save half for the next day or something.

I'll check out that website, I've been using calorie count but I don't really know how accurate it is.

chnkymonkey 02-01-2012 08:41 PM

what a co-winky dink... I'm starting again too. Starting all over again from scratch, trying to keep my motivation up. Looking for support.

My biggest failures are giving into peer pressure for going out to lunch with the coworkers. So I can sympathize with your struggles.

watchoutforthatcar 02-01-2012 09:10 PM

Good luck! Take the advices of everyone, but ultimately you have to come up with something that works for you. It's never easy starting over, but try to look at it as a fresh start! You can do this!

saltatoria 02-01-2012 09:25 PM

I just wanted to say I think it's funny/cool that Europe is on the metric system but their Subways still use 6" and 12" as the sub measurements. :)

saltatoria 02-01-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sontaikle (Post 4198587)
If you must have a 12in sub at subway, take out the meat/stuff in one half and put it into the other and get rid of the empty half's bread.

That is SUCH a great idea. I'm so mad I never thought of that. I'm seriously face-palming right now. I think I love you. :hug:

JudgeDread 02-01-2012 10:42 PM

Very true, too bad it is so overpriced!

Mimzzy 02-01-2012 11:37 PM

Congrats on starting over!
It takes a lot of will power to commit to starting again, but sometimes a fresh start is just what we need.

Everyone here has given you such great advice, make sure you find what works best for you :) You can do this, Good luck!

SouthLake 02-02-2012 12:46 AM

When I go to Subway, I ask for double lettuce in my sandwich and that seems to help keep it a bit more filling. Also, on a particularly hungry day, I ask for double meat, rather than a 12" sandwich. Generally, I have a hard time eating just half of the 12", even with the best intentions.

Bigkitty 02-02-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthLake (Post 4199924)
When I go to Subway, I ask for double lettuce in my sandwich and that seems to help keep it a bit more filling. Also, on a particularly hungry day, I ask for double meat, rather than a 12" sandwich. Generally, I have a hard time eating just half of the 12", even with the best intentions.

I find I'm hungry after 6" but 12" is way too much. A 9" would probably do me. But then it would be better to have a 6" and load it with salad and have fruit after if you're still hungry rather than having more bread.

I had a massive kick up the arse last night too. I was trying on one of the dresses and I struggled to get it on and it's meant to be a UK14, so either it's a small size or I've gone up to a size 16. Either way I'm getting into that dress by May and not just get into it, I mean be able to wear it and not look pregnant fit.