Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #61  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey everyone. Did yoga today and got a bike ride in. Such gorgeousness for weather that is supposed to last until tomorrow, so I decided it was worth filling the tires and luring the chain. My little guy was so thrilled to see the bike at school pick up instead of walking or going by car (when the weather is bad).

Tomorrow, I will ride my bike to the grocery store, clean up the garbage, screew the thingees in the wall and hang the bikes (this leaning against the wall business doesn't work) and deal with the tool chest. Yep, still procrastinating with the painting, but I want to be outside!

Can't believe tomorrow is February 1st!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Morning Weight 381.0

Breakfast
Cinnamon Raisin Bagel 230
Chioboni Pineapple Yogurt ( wow sweet) 160
Sub Total 390

Lunch
Lrg mocha 400
1/2Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini ( The rest is waiting for lunch tomorrow ) Calories 250
Balsamic Vinaigrette 90
Romaine 28
Tomato 4
Sub Total 742

Dinner
Meatball Green Pepper and onion no sauce ( I got sauce on the side.. Sauce gives my mom indigestion) 600
Raspberry Jell-O Parfait ( jello and a smidge of whip cream OMG good.. Would be good w/ Greek yogurt too ) 80
Sub Total 680

Daily Total 1812

Water 48

Exercise:
Wii Fitness Plus ( oh yes I did) Yoga, Strength training, hula hoop, and much more 49 minutes / 345 Calories ( I had to adjust since it shows my weight as 172.2 with the foam modification)

I need to get back on track with the water .. Been feeling dry. I had been craving a Panini for awhile. I finally broke down. Then got a call from my mom tonight as I was leaving work that my dd asked if we could have pizza for dinner. It isn’t often she specifically asks for stuff like that, so there was no way I was saying no.

I received the PB2 and mixed up a 2 TBSP serving 45 Calories for PB2 peanut butter. My mom even said it wasn’t to bad. My daughter LOVED it and ate it on teddy grams for before bed snack. Of course it was a blob on a chop stick and a teddy gram stuck to it. She thought that this was just to funny. Now I can have a nice PB and AB and not feel so sad that I am eating so many calories in one huge moment. I think I will have a PB sandwich this week for lunch at work. Yum sounds like a deal to me.

If I do not loose anything tomorrow morning I will have lost 5.8lbs this month. Not exactly what I was shooting for, but way better than nothing. I need to do pictures and measuring, just to see if anything changed.

I need to keep above 1400 with more lean meats, dark veg and fruit and do some exercising this next month.

Berry ~ I am natural too… My mom swears I will start dyeing my hair when it turns grey, but it hasn’t happened yet. I do buff my nails to give them shine once and awhile and shape them and scrape my souls with a foot file. I have a bad tendency not to shave… I know TMI.. I wear pants all the time and no one ever sees my legs but my dd …. Soooo. Since I got those new clothes I have been trying to dress nice wear my hair down and slap on a little war paint in the morning *lol* . Which is just a little bronzer on the cheeks and eye lids, mascara on the lashes, a dab of eye liner if I have time( the more tired I look the more this helps me look awake), a little powder for the apples of my cheeks (cause they are suuuuuper red lately/ dry and chapped I think ), and tinted chap stick.

I can not believe that it is already going to be a new month either!! It seems like it just ZOOMED on by.

Ilovemo~ My fav chocolate would have to be high percentage cacao with espresso or chocolate nibs… then high percentage cacao with dried cranberries and I think it was almond or macadamia. Then high percentage cacao with dried Blueberry with almonds. I normally get them at a little ding dent store down the road for 89 cents a bar along with 89 cents for a 3 pack of gum. I do not like going near the chocolate area in there anymore because its to tempting!!! I have actually bought to much chocolate there before and they got the white on the outside where it was alittle old. I felt so bad to waste it like that. Yet it is so good and so hard to find good chocolate around here in the boonies.

Mamakat~ * does a happy snoopy dance for your walk * YAY Good job!! I hope you get a good nights rest and feel way better tomorrow *ss*

Last edited by qtkitty; 02-01-2012 at 12:45 AM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Don't pay the ransom, I escaped!! I make a joke but it is really not funny. I have been a slave to my mental and physical obsession with food since 1/13/2012.

I have been Pigging out with a capital "P" and I was ashamed to post my situation on 3FC. Insanity that's what it is. I did not seek the help that I so desperately needed. Help from you all, my friends who understand this thinking and would have helped me. I won't know until my morning weigh in how much ground I have lost. The good news is this only lasted 18 days. My history with yo yo dieting shows that this could have been a whole lot worse. In the past I did not get off the merry go round until I gained all that I lost and then some more.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get back on track with your support.

I sure missed you all!!

I am scheduled for more surgery but after the Cardiac Bypass and the Kidney removal last year this is small potatoes. My cataracts have progressed to the point that I am having a lot of difficulty seeing. I was at the eye surgeon two days ago and he says it is time. Surgery for my left eye is scheduled for 2/22/2012 and my right eye will be done about one week later.

My left foot is very painful and I went to the podiatrist yesterday. Seems that I have a Neuroma or pinched nerve. Received a cortizone shot plus numbing along with an orthodic insert for my shoes. I see him for a follow up in ten days and he says if this does not work the chemical destruction of the nerve will be tried. If that does not work surgery is the last option.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Let's make this a great month!

Calories for yesterday: 1455 +
Weigh In: 146.2 (TTOM)
Down: .4

Larry We have been worried about you! I'm glad you checked in. Sorry about you getting off plan. I promise you, we would not judge you. We have all been there, many times. Nothing about this is easy. Every day is a struggle and every day there is a new struggle to deal with. Hang in there.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #65  

Diana, I saw your pictures this week, you look wonderful! I was so happy to see your pictures and am glad you shared them, very inspirational to so many people!

Berry, I saw your one year anniversary post and popped over to your blog, you are looking fabulous too! I loved seeing your progress pics, what a long way you have come!!! You too are an inspiration to so many. Keep it up, you will be at goal before you know it.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #66  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,
I succumbed to the pain last night and had a Tramadol. And since I loaded my weekly pill box funny I couldn't find the Ambien and cut it in half. Tramadol usually keeps me awake, but after it kicked in I was out like a light, now I'll be hung over all day. I get so tired after taking pain relievers. But I got a good night sleep. I know its fatigue when I wake up just as exhausted as when I went to bed...I will definitely be calling Hematologist today.

Kids are off 1/2 day today so that cuts any plans of anything and besides, I'm just too tired... I already said that It's raining. I was sort of hoping that it was nice outside again, I could always go for a shorter walk, but it's icky out. So maybe today is a rest day OR laundry

Jomatho nice to see you around, how have you been?

Larry I'm so glad you're back, we wouldn't judge you. Like Diana said, we know how hard it is and we've all have gone off the wagon from time to time. We're only human and lets face it, food is yummy! So glad you're back. Now eat well and exercise

Diana good morning.

Berry "screw the thingee in" okay that sounds just like me. I say thing for nearly everything and then let others figure out what I'm saying Hope you get to ride today.

Qtkitty I've never had a panini and now I'm craving it. I would love to binge right now on bread, but I won't. So the folks had pizza, but you ate something different? DH and I get pizzas then scrape the toppings off, we give the crusts to the kids or dog. That's when we have pizza, I don't really care for it, but beggars can't be choosers and I beg for food I hate to cook.

Scale is staying on same number, and I have no problem with that. Stay all you want, just don't go up. I will get under 200 this month. I was a little over 210 at the beginning of the month so that brings me to a 6lbs loss. It could have and should have been better. This month for sure. I want to pack away the size 18s for good. I'm in 16s now but on more bloaty days I have to wear my bigger pants. I want to see 14s my March, that would be so cool.

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 205/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Berry your pictures are really fantastic and a big inspiration, what a wonderful job you have done!
LittleBrownBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #68  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!
Can feel scale moving downward again - cutting way down on processed carbs in the form of bread/pastas. Won't record a weigh-in for a couple of more days.

LarryH - I have found the days I don't want to post are the most important days to post for me. It's what really keeps me going. I hope your health problems get resolved in the quickest and best way for you.

Regarding Posting - I would like to tell you all that this is the longest I've ever stayed accountable to a food plan without WW. My usual track record is about 3-4 weeks, then I become adrift and wander back to old habits. I just started Week 8, and have no desire to stop, slow down or go back, despite a few bumps. 3FC, and this accountability thread are a huge part of my new lifestyle. Thanks again for being there, everyone!

Off for my walk.
Have a great day On Plan!
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Jo Good Morning! Thank you!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #70  
Melissa

Qtkitty I just discovered PB2 too. I am no wooing to order the protein powder plus (defatted peanut butter) and see how I like that as its way cheaper and I can sweeten it or keep it unsweetened. And yep, my MIL says I will dye my hair as I turn grey, but I doubt it. I have dark blonde/light brown hair and the White is coming like its a highlight... So probably not.

Mamakat I'm so sorry you are in pain and that you are so exhausted. I think you are right that it's time for the hematologist. Glad you got a good slep last night, but not glad you were in pain. Hope today is a better day.

LarryH add me to the worried crew. But I am much happier that you we just pigging out instead of in the hospital with complications. And we would never pass judgements. As others have said... We've all been there and get it.

Jomatho nice to you check in. And thank you for the compliment. I don't try to inspire... I'm just doing the best I can... Been fighting the same pounds now for two months, but I guess I expected it with the holidays, but it still bites - planned or not.

Italiannie yay for you and sticking with it! It really does help to find a group to commiserate with... To feel you aren't doing it alone... Even though you are, at least you are in like company. Yay for you!

Littlebrownbike thank you for your kind words. I truly hate having photos taken, so this is all new for me, but is been good for me too. The blog has been a great way to express my feelings and thoughts throughout as well. My own therapy sessions I guess.

Diana and everyone else I might have missed, Hi!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 249/241/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone Happy February! I just landed in Oslo Norway - that was a tiring journey. I'm here till Sunday, then off to Moscow Russia for a week. BRRRR.
I'm really just trying to maintain this month. Business trips and cruises are awful for me. We leave for our cruise 4 days after I get home from Russia. It's tough to turn down free food and drinks.

Welcome Back Larry.

Italiannie congrats on 8 weeks of good efforts!
BuffJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #72  
Melissa

As for me, the scale is creeping back up, but I know why. We have been eating bean fajitas (minus the tortilla for me) with homemade beans and salsa. That meal is so über healthy for nutrients, but even with my own beans instead of canned, it is so high in sodium and needs to be. It doesn't taste right without the salt. So, two meals of that have me up on the scale, as well as my uglier monthly stall out stuff.

We are also fighting the school with my older teen. They are now all after him about using a smart pen in school. Good flipping grief. We have a meeting in a week to go over his 504 Plan. It needs to be more proactive. The kid is doing the best he can, but needs to be able to use all tools available to help keep him organized, the school just fights all technology unless it's written into a 504 or IEP. Pfft.

Going to clean the garage today, volunteer at my younger son's school as always and ride a bike and then do those double express classes at the gym tonight.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #73  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

as promised, I made an appointment for tomorrow at 9.30. OK, this is how bad I have been, the secretary sort of lectured me and they MOVED. They are actually closer, but that's how bad I've been neglecting myself. Yikes, it's hard to remember just because I feel good doesn't mean certain things start working on their own. LOL. But who knows, maybe I'm just tired. I did sit out yesterday after my walk. I don't absorb Vitamin D digestively (made up word) so I'm supposed to sit outside for 15mins any day that I can, that's hard during the winter But I did it.

Berry I do feel physically better today. I'm just tired. I'll be glad to go see the doctor tomorrow. You know it's bad when the secretary says "you don't sound so good" after a hello. I like her. That sucks about your son's school being tight (won't finish statement ) would they bark if he brought in a recorder? Colleges allow that kind of stuff, isn't high school supposed to be preparing our kids for that. Also, they know your son is a good kids. It would be one thing if he was a goof off, but come on, this is second year with him, they know. LOL, I get so mad. I hope you get it worked out.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Wednesday!

Missed posting yesterday...spent time at various Dr. appts. for me and DD. All is good...just check-ups.

I'm struggling a little with portion sizes and sugar (chocolate) cravings. If I could realistically put exercise into my day, I think I would be fine. But I just can't seem to do it. I have all the reasons you've heard before: 1) I HATE exercising. 2) We live far from work/town, so joining a gym isn't feasible, nor is joining a recreational sports team. 3) I don't even go to the work-out center we have at my job because I need to get home to care for the family. I feel like my priority is making sure the kids are fed and have help with their homework. Never mind that they're 18 and 15 and could easily fend for themselves. It's my job as a mom to provide for their needs like this. 4) I have a nordic track at home. I forget it's there. I don't even think about using it once I get home. It's not that I don't want to, it's that I don't remember. 5) we have a dog and I could walk him every night. But our hilly neighborhood has no sidewalk and drivers are going 40+ mph. I don't feel safe walking. 6) I am not a morning person, so waking up early to do something I hate doesn't happen either.

I understand it needs to be a priority. It's very difficult for me to put myself ahead of my children. In just a few short months now, I'll be down to one kid. Maybe that will ease my guilt...

I wrote so much about myself this time I've run out of time to do personals. Miss a day, miss a lot! Even if I don't post, I do read everyday. Hope you all have a great, OP day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakat View Post
I did sit out yesterday after my walk. I don't absorb Vitamin D digestively (made up word) so I'm supposed to sit outside for 15mins any day that I can, that's hard during the winter But I did it.
mamakat - Clothes block the sun and you don't get much vitamin D. Have you considered sitting outside in your bathing suit during the Winter? Congrats on doing the hard thing even when you don't want to. That is inspiring

My scale read 225 this morning. This is a 10 pound gain since I went off plan for 18 days. I sure thought it was going to be worse than that!!

My DW and I have as of today adopted a new daily calorie goal of 1400. DW's daily goal used to be 1600 and mine was 1500. 1400 is very doable. With careful planning of our daily meals we should be OK getting our needed nutrients. I think I have told you all in the past that I do 100% of the cooking, food shopping and meal planning in our house.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote