Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 03:46 PM   #61  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I'm here still. I am PMS ing right now so I have been nibbling on things I shouldn't. Not to bad but enough to bug me. I am going to cut my supper in half tonight to help cut some calories out.

Girl scout cookies!!! I Love Samoas and Thin Mints. I said no this year to. My husband and kids all screamed NO as I told the girl we wouldn't be buying any this year. They weren't to happy.
Old 03-06-2003, 04:05 PM   #62  

I'm taking a test tonight and have hardly any appetite! WOW!
I will have to eat something though; keep those brain waves flowing. Wish me luck!
I cut my dinner in half the other day and ate the rest for lunch today with some fruit. It worked.
I shoveled and worked out yesterday! No time today to exercise. Got to go study.
I hope everyone is doing good!
Jen
Old 03-06-2003, 04:37 PM   #63  

I am still here too. I havnt' been very good this week so I am hoping for next week to be better. Hubby will be coming hometomorrow night and he is on a diet too so he will be able to get me back into the groove.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:47 PM   #64  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. Kempy you're lucky that you can have hubby help you "get your groove on". Ooops sorry, that came out wrong. Oh well, you know what I mean. I'm one to talk. I've been eating all sorts of junk through the weekend and finally yesterday and today I'm back on track. I'm the one that's trying to get hubby to go and buy me some goodies. Luckily, he turned me down .

Keep on trucking girls, we can do this!

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 03-06-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:25 PM   #65  

Default hey

Hello Everyone,
Well the snow finally arrived... and it has dumped...... you would think the west could actually have winter...but NO, not this year! I was suppose to have company this weekend but they cancelled because of the roads.... boo hoo! I live like 150 miles to the nearest town in any direction and have not been anywhere for tooo long this winter..... I always told my friends when I left Alaska I was really moving to the Wilderness after I relocated here from Alaska. My little bright spot has been dog sitting my cousins dog, who is building a house in Hawaii this winter...so that has helped. Diet?? right.... I have not been overindulging but not eating very well either...Exercise..... not enough...... nice to know there is always tomorrow.... Thanks for listening..... hope everyone is well....
Renae
P.S. Gennel.... what's been going on with you...... any news to share...has anyone heard from Rusty Rusty.....
Old 03-06-2003, 11:28 PM   #66  

I'm trying to avoid seconds on dinner. Also trying to avoid opening (and therefore eating) another box of cookies. It's not like I went out and bought them. My daughter is a girlscout and we have a couple of cases just lying around. Paula, I wish I had your willpower. You too Clarita. Anyway, my daughter's sold all but 3 of the Samoas, (1 to me as I mentioned the other day!) Right now they're in the trunk of my car, along with a partial case of thin mints and a partial case of tagalongs, but they're screaming at me and the sound carries.
I want to weigh myself and see how much damage I did this week, but I swore I would wait until Saturday. I'm still having trouble with "portion control", but at least I'm walking. Yesterday I walked 2 miles at lunchtime in addition to my walks from the busstop.
Man, has anyone noticed that this losing weight thing is a bit difficult from time to time?

Jen
238/230/140
Old 03-07-2003, 12:53 AM   #67  
so close, yet so far...

I hear ya Jen on the difficulties encountered during weight loss, LOUD AND CLEAR! I was in a slump myself over the weekend, eating eating eating, not caring...then I came to my senses and 'fessed up to some of my girls here and they pulled me up and got me back onto my feet. You can do this! Great job on the walking! It's definitely a good exercise (it's kind of like the only thing I do, besides the indoor variety ). Wear earplugs if you don't want to hear those cookies begging you to eat them. Sometimes I need ear plugs and blinders! Samoas and Thin Mints be gone !

Hey Roseblush, what part of Hawaii is this house being built? I'm on the island of O'ahu.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:43 AM   #68  

Angry

Hey Jen it was pretty cool to see my name and the word willpower in the same sentence! Thanks! Believe me I don't know how I have resisted those GS cookies this year! Like I said before the Do-Si-Dos usually get me!! I have been known to eat a whole box in a day!! Not that I ever told anyone!! I was a closet eater!!

Well hope everyone has a good weigh in! If not a loss, at least no gain!! I'm crossing my fingers for a loss! I will report in on Monday.

Take care everyone!! Healthy eating!

Paula
Old 03-07-2003, 09:13 AM   #69  
Hardcore UFOs

Hi everyone,

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one struggling this week! I definitely notice that this weight loss thing IS especially difficult from time to time... and this is one of those times for me.

Of course, I need to be not quite so hard on myself, as this was TOM week, and it came with a vengeance. Bloat? Yep. Cramps? uh-huh. Irritability? Cravings up the wazoo? You bet!

The only thing that I felt really good about is that I got my usual exercise in, but even then... I didn't feel like I could work out at the capacity I normally do. *sigh* No matter how long I am have been a woman, I just never get used to TOM.

Anyway, my eating was, I'd say, so-so. Not terrible, but not stellar, either. I am trying out weekly weighing, but I did cheat a little and hopped on the scale yesterday and today and was not very pleased -- I am back where I started for this challenge! 262. Well... I kind of expected it, both with TOM and with my most likely false reading last week (due to excessive drinking the night before) of 259. *double sigh*

Well, that's OK. I'm looking forward to weighing in tomorrow, and to a great week next week -- I usually do really well once I get past TOM.

Onward and upward!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:56 AM   #70  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Choci, I think all we can do is ride out TOM as best we can and be vigilant to make up for it in the 3 weeks after. I wonder why we crave so bad the week before. I never crave celery or carrots.

Good Luck tomorrow guys! I know I have a loss but it isn't as good as it showed a few days ago. I was doing awesome and then it was literrally like hitting a brick wall. BAM, I wanted brownies. It doesn't help that that is my job so there they were. Today I am not baking anything so hopefully I can keep my cool and have a nice weigh in and stay on track.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:49 AM   #71  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am down 2 more pounds this week. My total lost for this challenge is 4 pounds. I stayed on track perfectly last night and it wasn't easy but I chewed gum all evening so I couldn't munch. It probably helped that I have to go grocery shopping so there wasn't anything in the house to eat. haha

It is nice out today so me and Jay just got back from a walk. I think I will take another one later on today. Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 03-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #72  

Hello ladies! Boy has this list been quiet this week. I've been doing pretty well. Yesterday was Samarra's (dd) birthday and she wanted KFC so we all went. DH and all the kids ate but I resisted! I fed Sarah (the baby) mashed potatoes and thought about weighing in this morning. I came home and had a turkey sandwich and an apple. That is like a first for me cuz' I have NO willpower. Esp when it comes to eating out. Also the whole family went for a walk yesterday, one mile. The kids complained the entire time, but we're going again today! I hope everyone haS A GOOD WEIGH IN AND A HAPPY WEEKEND. ttfn,
Old 03-08-2003, 10:39 AM   #73  

Duh!! I forgot to post my loss, two pounds this week! Yahoo, I'm so happy! I think that puts me at 4 for the challenge. I think I'll actually make goal (6lbs) this time. Happy happy day.
Old 03-08-2003, 11:17 AM   #74  
so close, yet so far...

Unhappy Challenge goal 7#s; #s lost = 0

Today's WI: 183 can we say 'maintain' ?
No loss since last week....wellll actually, I put on a couple of lbs between last weigh-in and through the week due to my horrendeous snackyitis and binge-fest on the weekend. Took me the whole week to get rid of the bloat. Let's blame it on PMS! TOM snuck up on me yesterday almost a week early, GRRRRRR! This week my goal will be to eat clean, stay positive (ask for help from 'my girls' when I need it) and exercise. That should get me some kind of loss next week I hope...I'm not doing to well on this challenge and I'm hanging on my the tips of my acrylic fingernails

Congrats Angie and Serina on your losses! Way to go on passing up the Colonel. I pass his place every evening on my walk and let me tell you those aromas get to me! Angie glad your weather's getting nicer. Congrats to everyone else on their efforts. We CAN do this! Have an awesome day.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:02 PM   #75  
determined chick!

Default Hi everyone

Well no loss for me this week TOM was only here until Tues. so I can't blame it on that. I was OP all week and actually did more at the gym than my usual routine, but nothing moved that darn scale! ARGH! My body seems to be doing an all or nothing thing now. I either have a big loss or no loss at all. Oh well at least I maintained. So that's good I guess. Congrats Angie and Serina you guys are doing so great! Well everyone hope you all have a great day. Take care. Di
Closed Thread