Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Did very bad last night.

I've been doing really well with eating healthy and exercising (and staying away from wine). Well, I ended up drinking a bottle of wine, and with that normally comes a binge. UGH. So of course I ordered a cheese pizza, ate half of it, and then ate the other half in the middle of the night. GEEZ!!! Pretty upset with myself. I just need to forget about it and jump back into my routine today but I feel sooo guilty.
Jpye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #2  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Guilt doesn't burn calories so don't look back, look ahead. What healthy choices are you going to make today?
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #3  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

There is no need to feel guilty. You overate - that is not a crime, or a sin, or any moral lapse for which guilt and penance are appropriate responses. Do your best to get right back on plan today. And it's good that you are thinking about what you can do to prevent it happening again (not drinking wine? having on-plan food in the house so you don't have to order out?). But try to do that thinking rationally, without the moral judgment.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Today is a new day.....Get back on track and kick butt. Cheering you on....
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/161/140

Height: 5'1

We all have our bad days. Nobody is perfect. Thank god for tommorrow being a new day cause I did bad today to.
757MISTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #6  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Uh, yeah. My stomach just got attacked by a few Italian sausage links in marinara sauce. I knew I should have thrown the sausage out yesterday but no. I cooked it and ate it. 280 calories for one stupid link. WTF? BUT, I threw out the rest of the sausage and have a plan worked out for tomorrow.

The good news for you is that you drank the entire bottle of wine so you do not have an open one anymore. And if you do have any more wine in your house then I think it'll be a nice gift for a friend! If wine or any other kinds of alcohol triggers your binges then I think you know what you need to do. Or shouldn't do, I guess.

It'll be ok.

How'd you do today?
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

LOL. I'm so there....like right at this moment. I'm drinking my last glass of the bottle as I'm reading this. I decided to go back on the site to make sure I don't binge afterwards and caught your post. Strange timing. My biggest issue is Saturdays. That's usually when I'd sit down with a bottle of wine and catch up with my DVR. Well for the past few weeks I've broken that habit. But last night we got a minuscule amount of snow which made me feel like I didn't want to leave my house. And when that happens I just go back to old habits and drink wine and watch tv and eat.

Ugh, I don't know what to do about it. I'm so frustrated with myself tonight. What I have done is eaten a dinner full of a lot of protein and not many carbs (I'm on a low carb diet). So I'm not hungry. But I'm worried about crazy cravings that might force me to want to order a pizza. I'm fighting hard against that.

But tomorrow my mom is 'forcing' me to go the gym. She's been a great supporter for me lately. So I have to pick her up at 10 to go. That does stick in my head so that I don't stay up to late and stuff my self. But I wish that it didn't get to the point where I have to feel like I have rules so that I don't eat to much. But maybe that's the way that it will always be. Not sure.

Ugh, I'm not really sure what the answer is. I keep limiting what I bring into my house. And I've limited alcohol consumption. But I do still have alcohol in my house and apparently when I'm bored that's just one more chocolate chip cookie to me. So maybe I can't have anything in my house that's off of plan for a little while.

Regardless, I may not have any advice, but I'm totally where you are right now for whatever that's worth. I hope we both figure this out soon. Because I've been bouncing around the same 10 pounds for the past 10 years and I'm tired of it. I want to break 220 but I always sabotage myself. If only we could figure out the will power rule. :-)

The one thing I do know is that if you stay off the alcohol then bingeing is like 50% less likely...I totally made up that percentage. :-) But seriously it does contribute to it not to mention the empty alcohol calories as well as how we metabolize alcohol happens before any fat metabolization...something like that...in the end, not good for weight loss.

Good Luck. Hopefully we'll both figure it out soon!
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/146

Height: 5ft 3in

tomorrow is a new day. A binge every now and then is just going to keep your body guessing. It's not always a bad thing. Here's to healthier choices in the coming weeks
Crawlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #9  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
There is no need to feel guilty. You overate - that is not a crime, or a sin, or any moral lapse for which guilt and penance are appropriate responses. Do your best to get right back on plan today. And it's good that you are thinking about what you can do to prevent it happening again (not drinking wine? having on-plan food in the house so you don't have to order out?). But try to do that thinking rationally, without the moral judgment.
This is a great post, and great advice.

OP, you recognize a slip you've made and have resolved to stick to plan despite that slip. You're headed in the right direction!
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I agree that binges sometimes keep your body guessing. Sometimes when I have a binge, I am afraid to weigh myself that week. There are some weeks I find myself pleasantly surprised by a loss! That's because my body is responding to the unintentional calorie cycling. Sometimes have one or two high calorie spike days helps with weight loss - if you are on plan on the other days! My fear after a binge is that I am not going to get back on track and keep binging - but that hasn't happened in at least 8 months. I am committed and so are you! Tomorrow is another day!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #11  

Height: 5'10"

I had a binge of 2000 calories on Saturday, the day before my weigh in. It was discouraging when it happened, but I accepted it, forgave myself, and and still continuing my weight loss journey.
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote