Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Default Nsv....

I am in control!!!! Okay, at least more in control.

In previous months I've posted that my job requires me to attend a 2-3 day Board meeting every few months. Loads of snacks, loads of heavy foods and lots of sitting. I always struggled because I would eat everything. Salad dressings, cookies, cake, candy, chips, foods, multiple rolls, lots of butter and regrets. I control the menu so you'd think I'd pick better choices...but no...I went for the gusto.

Since starting this journey in April, board meetings have been a challenge. I am pleased to report that for the last several meetings I've done great. Not perfect but very good. Skipped the biscuits and rolls and the salad dressings. Ate an open faced sandwich...The big thing is that I only ate 1/2 a sandwich (with soup). Not the normal 2 that I ate in prior meetings. I had half of a larger chocolate chip cookie (but not the 2 cookies I used to eat). No creamer in the coffee. I ordered a special plate for me (grilled chicken skewers and only ate half of the mashed potatoes). And I exercised this morning!!!!

Again, not perfect but being in control and not eating until I was ready to burst is a victory. Did I also mention that I am wearing regular sized pants for the first time at a meeting (granted a regular 16 but not the 24W pants I wore last spring).

Just had to pat myself on the back. I think this has become the theme of my journey. Not perfection just healthier. Have to go.....meeting's getting started and here comes desert
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #2  

You should be proud of yourself. Congratulations! I just joined this site today and hope that I can gain control of what I eat as well. Thank you for being an inspiration.
kitaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #3  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Good job! Special events are so hard, because there's such a temptation to give yourself an excuse to eat too much. It's a lot easier to stay on plan when you're in your routine.

Aiming for better choices rather than for perfection is my goal, too. It makes success actually attainable!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote